What's new

Saudi Arabia public campaign “Sahem” to relief Syria and Turkey exceeds 53 m Dollars in less than 48 hours

Corruptistan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Saudi Arabia campaign “Sahem” to relief Syria and Turkey exceeds 53 m Dollars​

Saudi Arabia campaign “Sahem” to relief Syria and Turkey exceeds 53 m Dollars

This aerial view shows a collapsed building during ongoing rescue operation in Hatay, southeastern Turkey,

ARAB NEWS
February 10, 2023

Dubai: Saudi Arabia’s King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center’s online campaign “Sahem” has raised more than $50m in the 48 hours since it was launched, according to the platform latest tally.

The “Sahem” (or “contribute” in English) campaign is looking to raise public funds to help the search and rescue and relief work for the people in Syria and Turkiye affected by the devastating 7.8 magnitude earthquake which struck on Monday.

More than 23,000 people are known to have died and tens of thousands have been injured and displaced at the time of writing the article.

According to the Supervisor-General of KSrelief Abdullah Al-Rabeeah, the campaign will include the implementation of various programs, one of them is the rapid launch of an air-bridge to deliver shelters, medicines, food, and logistical aid to those who have been afflicted by the quake.

Despite desperate attempts from certain circles, media etc. , the usual suspects basically, to “hide and distort” the help offered and given, I firmly expect that GCC will take the financial brunt (help) out of almost everyone as is usually the case when catastrophic events occur in Muslim-majority countries. The problem, in particular in Syria, is that help/money offered, as many times before, will not always reach those actually affected due to corruption, theft etc. Syria in particular has barely functioning infrastructure.

There is so much systematic propaganda, distortion, political agendas from all sides that use this tragedy for their political gains. Truly disgusting to witness but unfortunately expected in today's world.

Aside from the obvious Syria, Arab states have a special obligation to help the affected areas of Turkey given the large number of not only Syrian refugees but also the indigenous Turkish-Arab community that numbers in the millions with particular kinship to several Arab communities in Syria, Iraq and KSA.

Syria approves delivery of aid to earthquake victims in areas outside govt control​

2ced983f-f607-4952-abf4-8c33f222f281_16x9_1200x676.jpg

Members of the Syrian civil defense, known as the White Helmets look for casualties under the rubble following an earthquake in the town of Zardana in the countryside of the northwestern Syrian Idlib province, early on February 6, 2023. (AFP)

Reuters
Published: 10 February ,2023: 06:40 PM GST
Updated: 10 February ,2023: 06:55 PM GST
The Syrian government has approved humanitarian aid delivery across the frontlines of the country’s 12-year civil war, state media said on Friday, adding aid would arrive with those who needed it with the help of the UN, Syrian Red Crescent and international Red Cross.

State media reported that the government had also declared areas worst affected by Monday’s deadly earthquake - Lattakia, Hama, Aleppo and Idlib - disaster zones and would set up a fund to rehabilitate them.

This is a significant milestone in the more contemporary KSA-Syria ties. The author of the tweet is also significant.

More photos:

FomnDl1XwAIuS9d

FomnD7bWYAAMswF

500 + big Saudi Arabian search and rescue team has reached Turkey and Syria.

KSA is one of the few countries that have opened up an entire air bridge as well as heavy machinery which was/is lacking.

Al-Assad trolls online are falsely claiming that KSA refuses to send any help to Syria. Pathetic. There are also anti-Arab Turkish elements that since the first day of the tragedy, have tried to distort Arab contribution/help. Such elements do not deserve this help.

Last edited:

Record number of public aid (from ordinary) people of any country. At least many people are grateful while the haters, those that distort the truth and the liars should be engulfed by their hatred.

Even football clubs are donating.

The generosity of the Saudi Arabian people knows no bounds when tragedy hits abroad,

The third batch already. I count at least 70 personnel.

@The SC @hamza gareeb @_NOBODY_ @ARMalik

Last edited:
There is so much systematic propaganda, distortion, political agendas from all sides that use this tragedy for their political gains. Truly disgusting to witness but unfortunately expected in today's world.

Al-Assad trolls online are falsely claiming that KSA refuses to send any help to Syria. Pathetic. There are also anti-Arab Turkish elements that since the first day of the tragedy, have tried to distort Arab contribution/help. Such elements do not deserve this help.
Debris and rescue operations in northern syria. People are trying to clear the rubble with yogurt buckets.

KSA is a powerful state, Inshallah they can help these people. In this thread, you can share more detailed news about how KSA is leading the relief of the Syrian people.

Regarding aids to TR, we have a common thread on this issue, please forward the relevant news from there.

Debris and rescue operations in northern syria. People are trying to clear the rubble with yogurt buckets.

KSA is a powerful state, Inshallah they can help these people. In this thread, you can share more detailed news about how KSA is leading the relief of the Syrian people.

Regarding aids to TR, we have a common thread on this issue, please forward the relevant news from there.

I think that this thread has more than enough legitimacy to be on its own. I say that, something I already touched on in this thread, ONLY because there has been a devilish propaganda (seems coordinated from the outside) campaign on Twitter, online and elsewhere among the well-known suspects, who have tried to distort, lie and propagandize the KSA/Arab help to not only Syria but Turkey as well. Some going as far as denying any such help even existing.

I don't think that any nations/peoples (Arabs and Arab countries) deserve such smearing campaigns in time of solidarity, help etc. Nobody would accept that to occur.

Not only that I have not seen such agenda against any country or peoples. It is a unique phenomenon.

Also, I was disappointed to see well-known Turkish Twitter users and personalities engage in this propaganda of "Where are the Arabs, they are not helping, even Israel/non-Muslims are helping etc". kind of rhetoric long after it became clear that Arabs were on the forefront in terms of help. As for Al-Assad shills in Syria, I have no hope for them and their propaganda but even their bots had to apologize for their propaganda when KSA/Arab aid started pouring into Syria.

And what more needs to be said about the number of donations from ordinary people in KSA as described in this thread?

I understand that some Turks (Kemalists, non-Kemalists, Muslims and non-Muslims etc, anti-Arabs, pro-Arabs etc.) have some societal problems with largely traumatized and rootless Syrian refugees in country like Turkey, that is already flooded with refugees from all over, but those grievances should be left aside and should be distinguished. This has little or rather nothing to do with the remaining Arabs.

I am only writing this because this tragedy and the Arab reaction has once again shown that Arabs (as a whole) have no ill towards Turks or Turkey but rather the opposite. For conductive relations to continue and reach new heights (after years of complicated relations for whatever reasons), such propaganda (I saw one particular Turkish tweet that was viewed by 800.000 a few days ago on Twitter containing this outright lies/ignorance/propaganda/whatever you want to call it, and it was unexpected and not really something that I expected to see) must be combated at it serves no purpose but division.

Of course we are talking about a minority of Turks here and such people exist in every society, we had a Turkish user earlier talk about that some Turks even rejoiced/praised this earthquake because it hit areas with many Arabs and Kurds.

My point is, don't spit on/malign those that come to your help in your most difficult time. KSA/wealthy Arab states don't need to/must not boost with anything in regards to the help provided, in fact it is their obligation and the least they can do and I expect much more help in this tragedy. I can confidently say, that I expect KSA/GCC/Arabs to be at the forefront in the rebuilding/aid to not only Syria but Turkey as well.

We are talking about, by my estimate, at least 100 billion dollars of destruction and the situation of Syria we all know already.

Lastly this post is not written with any ill will or anything but I have to mention it as I prefer to be frank and many users might not be aware of what I am writing about.

EDIT: This is also an Arab tragedy as the devastating earthquake impacted Syria as well (which is already destroyed after 10 years of horror) areas of Turkey with large numbers of Syrian refugees, other Arabs (tourists included) and also one of the main areas of the indigenous and local Turkish-Arab community that is distinct from the Syrian refugees. So when you take this into coordination, such smear/propaganda campaigns, hurt/anger even more.

Last edited:
I think that this thread has more than enough legitimacy to be on its own. I say that, something I already touched on in this thread, ONLY because there has been a devilish propaganda (seems coordinated from the outside) campaign on Twitter, online and elsewhere among the well-known suspects, who have tried to distort, lie and propagandize the KSA/Arab help to not only Syria but Turkey as well. Some going as far as denying any such help even existing.

I don't think that any nations/peoples (Arabs and Arab countries) deserve such smearing campaigns in time of solidarity, help etc. Nobody would accept that to occur.

Not only that I have not seen such agenda against any country or peoples. It is a unique phenomenon.

Also, I was disappointed to see well-known Turkish Twitter users and personalities engage in this propaganda of "Where are the Arabs, they are not helping, even Israel/non-Muslims are helping etc". kind of rhetoric long after it became clear that Arabs were on the forefront in terms of help. As for Al-Assad shills in Syria, I have no hope for them and their propaganda but even their bots had to apologize for their propaganda when KSA/Arab aid started pouring into Syria.

And what more needs to be said about the number of donations from ordinary people in KSA as described in this thread?

I understand that some Turks (Kemalists, non-Kemalists, Muslims and non-Muslims etc, anti-Arabs, pro-Arabs etc.) have some societal problems with largely traumatized and rootless Syrian refugees in country like Turkey, that is already flooded with refugees from all over, but those grievances should be left aside and should be distinguished. This has little or rather nothing to do with the remaining Arabs.

I am only writing this because this tragedy and the Arab reaction has once again shown that Arabs (as a whole) have no ill towards Turks or Turkey but rather the opposite. For conductive relations to continue and reach new heights (after years of complicated relations for whatever reasons), such propaganda (I saw one particular Turkish tweet that was viewed by 800.000 a few days ago on Twitter containing this outright lies/ignorance/propaganda/whatever you want to call it, and it was unexpected and not really something that I expected to see) must be combated at it serves no purpose but division.

Of course we are talking about a minority of Turks here and such people exist in every society, we had a Turkish user earlier talk about that some Turks even rejoiced/praised this earthquake because it hit areas with many Arabs and Kurds.

My point is, don't spit on/malign those that come to your help in your most difficult time. KSA/wealthy Arab states don't need to/must not boost with anything in regards to the help provided, in fact it is their obligation and the least they can do and I expect much more help in this tragedy. I can confidently say, that I expect KSA/GCC/Arabs to be at the forefront in the rebuilding/aid to not only Syria but Turkey as well.

We are talking about, by my estimate, at least 100 billion dollars of destruction and the situation of Syria we all know already.

Lastly this post is not written with any ill will or anything but I have to mention it as I prefer to be frank and many users might not be aware of what I am writing about.

EDIT: This is also an Arab tragedy as the devastating earthquake impacted Syria as well (which is already destroyed after 10 years of horror) areas of Turkey with large numbers of Syrian refugees, other Arabs (tourists included) and also one of the main areas of the indigenous and local Turkish-Arab community that is distinct from the Syrian refugees. So when you take this into coordination, such smear/propaganda campaigns, hurt/anger even more.
So in short, you are conducting propaganda activities here. And, as you put it, you are using a handful of anonymous social users to justify it.

In past earthquake disasters, Turkiye has been one of the first countries to rush to the aid of all the countries around it because it has huge civil defense search and rescue organization. On this day, Turkiye faced the biggest land earthquake in modern history, not one but two massive fault lines with a total length of 200 kilometers ruptured and had a devastating effect on many metropolitan areas where 13 million people live. You can also see what an extraordinary natural phenomenon this was in the papers by international scholars on the Kahramanmaraş earthquake. The size of the area devastated by the earthquake is equivalent to the territory of England. More than 70 countries came to help. From the poorest to the richest countries, everyone is trying to do something in their power. And no one is spreading black propaganda about KSA. On the contrary, there is extraordinary love and gratitude not only for KSA but also for the many Arab countries (especially Algeria's and Iraq's rescue teams) that are providing aid.

As for Israel, this country arrived on the first day of the earthquake with the largest search and rescue and disaster relief team after Azerbaijan. This is the reason for the favoritism towards Israel. Similarly, Israel was one of the first countries to arrive in the 99 earthquake.

Now, if you want to justify a few anonymous accounts and say that no, I will continue to propagandize here alone under my separate thread in this post-disaster organization where over 70 other countries are acting together, that is your opinion, I cannot interfere with that.

So in short, you are conducting propaganda activities here. And, as you put it, you are using a handful of anonymous social users to justify it.

In past earthquake disasters, Turkiye has been one of the first countries to rush to the aid of all the countries around it because it has huge civil defense search and rescue organization. On this day, Turkiye faced the biggest land earthquake in modern history, not one but two massive fault lines with a total length of 200 kilometers ruptured and had a devastating effect on many metropolitan areas where 13 million people live. You can also see what an extraordinary natural phenomenon this was in the papers by international scholars on the Kahramanmaraş earthquake. The size of the area devastated by the earthquake is equivalent to the territory of England. More than 70 countries came to help. From the poorest to the richest countries, everyone is trying to do something in their power. And no one is spreading black propaganda about KSA. On the contrary, there is extraordinary love and gratitude not only for KSA but also for the many Arab countries (especially Algeria's and Iraq's rescue teams) that are providing aid.

As for Israel, this country arrived on the first day of the earthquake with the largest search and rescue and disaster relief team after Azerbaijan. This is the reason for the favoritism towards Israel. Similarly, Israel was one of the first countries to arrive in the 99 earthquake.

Now, if you want to justify a few anonymous accounts and say that no, I will continue to propagandize here alone under my separate thread in this post-disaster organization where over 70 other countries are acting together, that is your opinion, I cannot interfere with that.

Where is the propaganda? It was not a few anonymous users or tweets. No need to pretend that this was the case.

I closely followed Twitter in the first few days of the earthquake. A simple "Suudi Arabistan" search unrooted an almost coordinated propaganda campaign/distortion/lies and that continued with numerous Arab countries. I am not making this up.

There are anti-Arab elements in Turkey that engage in this behavior.

Here you have an outrageous Tweet with almost 800.000 views as I wrote.

It is a legitimate grievances that nobody would accept in a time of aid. Would you accept your name to be distorted and maligned in such a tragedy when you are doing your utmost to help the one that mailings you (I am specifically referring to this segment and such people which I made clear from the beginning)?

I also wrote that it is a minority but a vocal one. I have not seen such behavior with anyone else as I also wrote. It seems to be unique to Arabs.

I leave it as this, anyone is free to believe if my posts are propaganda or not.

As for this thread, I don't see a separate thread about Syria anywhere (earthquake) or a joint Turkey/Syria earthquake thread. So I opened this thread on the right section (geographically and politically) and made (as the only one from what I can see on PDF) a thread about the Arab contribution (far from thorough and mostly with focus on KSA) because I saw this contribution being maligned online (as the only one of such kind) and because it was ignored (largely) on PDF as well. If moderators deem this illegal or against the rules, they are free to move this thread if it bothers people for whatever strange reasons.

Last edited:
The situation in Northern Syria is catastrophic. Whole villages have been swept away and flooded due to destroyed dams in the region.

The Al-Assad regime continues to make life difficult for those that want to help the Syrian people of Northern Syria and Al-Assad regime controlled areas of Syria. Even pro-Al-Assad Arab regimes (Algeria for instance) find it hard to work through all the obstacles.

A good reply by an Iraqi brother:

Translation:

Saudi Arabia crushes all the malicious propaganda that is being promoted by agents of the enemy, the Safavid entity, outwardly and inwardly And it rents the largest Russian cargo plane in the world to transport aid to Syria through the nearest crossing from Turkey, and for this, all your incitement against the Kingdom has been eclipsed. May God bless your faces, O agents of the Baath party

Last edited:

Saudi Arabia campaign “Sahem” to relief Syria and Turkey exceeds 53 m Dollars​

Saudi Arabia campaign “Sahem” to relief Syria and Turkey exceeds 53 m Dollars

This aerial view shows a collapsed building during ongoing rescue operation in Hatay, southeastern Turkey,

ARAB NEWS
February 10, 2023

Dubai: Saudi Arabia’s King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center’s online campaign “Sahem” has raised more than $50m in the 48 hours since it was launched, according to the platform latest tally.

The “Sahem” (or “contribute” in English) campaign is looking to raise public funds to help the search and rescue and relief work for the people in Syria and Turkiye affected by the devastating 7.8 magnitude earthquake which struck on Monday.

More than 23,000 people are known to have died and tens of thousands have been injured and displaced at the time of writing the article.

According to the Supervisor-General of KSrelief Abdullah Al-Rabeeah, the campaign will include the implementation of various programs, one of them is the rapid launch of an air-bridge to deliver shelters, medicines, food, and logistical aid to those who have been afflicted by the quake.

Despite desperate attempts from certain circles, media etc. , the usual suspects basically, to “hide and distort” the help offered and given, I firmly expect that GCC will take the financial brunt (help) out of almost everyone as is usually the case when catastrophic events occur in Muslim-majority countries. The problem, in particular in Syria, is that help/money offered, as many times before, will not always reach those actually affected due to corruption, theft etc. Syria in particular has barely functioning infrastructure.

So half of Christiano Ronaldos wage . 👍🏽

Charity getting boasty now .

So half of Christiano Ronaldos wage . 👍🏽

Charity getting boasty now .

Nice bit of trolling. Are private citizens paying his wage? Also can you mention a single country whose citizens have donated such a large number within 48 hours? I thought so.

As for charity, KSA is routinely in the top 3 in the world that spends the most on charity, including private donations.

In 2021, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked third among the world’s top donor’s, with its share of humanitarian assistance rising to 5%​

Here another source (UNICEF):

Saudi Arabia emerges amongst UNICEF’s top donors in 2020​

Generous support allows UNICEF to deliver humanitarian aid for children.​

Carry on, and you are completely right, KSA is not a generous nation, nor have they been hosting the largest Pakistani community in the world for decades or helped keep us afloat economically for as long. No help to Syria or Turkey either.

I don't know who pays (which individual) the supposed wages of C.R (all media speculation, I mean the supposed number, nothing official) but you and I don't know if said person is donating (zakat is obligatory in KSA but you probably don't know that :lol: ) but similarly, have the richest UK person out there donated anything for Syria or Turkey? We don't know, but you seem to have all the answers already. Congratulations.

Lastly, if you bothered to read my posts, rather than trolling, you would have seen that I clearly wrote that KSA/Arabs need to do much more, despite doing a lot already, and that those that have the most, are obligated to help more than those that have less.

Last edited:
The usual Palestinian propaganda of denying tens of billions of dollars in in-kind or direct financial aid and other kind of aid.
The user in question is not a Palestinian and I don't believe that he is an Arab either.

I am not a fan of the Al-Assad regime but humans/humanity/helping those in need, should always take precedence over that of politics. In particular as Syria is a fellow Arab country that shares everything in common with KSA and the wider Arab world. So as I wrote, KSA and Arab states as a whole have a responsibility to help Syria.

2 minute readFebruary 14, 202 38:33 AM GMT+1Last Updated a day ago

First Saudi aid plane lands in Syria’s govt-held areas - state media​

RQEVPCUW5VP25A4XIQOBP4IT4Q.jpg

EE2NGEPR3NNE5OHG4BNPLCI5IA.jpg

PSSQCBVGBRI55PWBJAXBQKFBMU.jpg

[1/3] A Saudi aid plane is seen, in the aftermath of a deadly earthquake, at Aleppo airport, Syria February 14, 2023. REUTERS/Firas Makdesi

BEIRUT, Feb 14 (Reuters) - A Saudi aid plane landed at a Syrian airport held by the government of President Bashar al-Assad on Tuesday in the first such shipment from the kingdom that has backed the armed opposition to Assad during the country's 11-year civil war.

Saudi-owned Al-Arabiya reported that the plane carrying 35 tons of food and medical aid and shelter arrived at Aleppo International airport as part of a Saudi humanitarian operation to help Syrians affected by last week's deadly earthquake.

It said the operation was carried out on the orders of Saudi Arabia's King Salman bin Abdulaziz and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

"The directives given to us from the leadership in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia is to help the brotherly Syrian people affected (by the earthquake) across Syria," a member of the Saudi delegation told Syrian television.

The person, who was not identified, said that Tuesday's plane was the first of several set to arrive over the next days.

Before Tuesday, Saudi Arabia had sent aid only to the country's opposition-held northwest, including a convoy of 12 trucks that arrived in the devastated city of Jandaris on Monday, according to Saudi state-owned Al-Hadath.

The overall death toll from last week's earthquake in Turkey and Syria has topped 37,000, more than 5,714 of them in Syria according to a Reuters tally of reports from Syrian state media and a U.N. agency.

Reporting by Timour Azhari, Kinda Makieh and Nayera Abdallah; Editing by Tom Hogue and Ed Osmond

Saudi plane carrying 35 tons of aid lands in Syria’s Aleppo

KSA was the first state to send aid to Northern Syria as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom