What's new

Saudi Arabia mulls trade sanctions against The Netherlands

senheiser

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
arnddworld6_full.jpg

Geert Wilders casts his vote in the The Hague city hall during the European Parliament elections in 2009. (Photo for illustrative purposes only)

Saudi Arabia is considering trade sanctions against The Netherlands because of stickers printed by far-right politician Geert Wilders which display anti-Islam slogans in the colours of the Saudi flag, a Dutch foreign ministry spokesman said.

Wilders, leader of the anti-immigration Dutch Freedom Party, is tied in first place with the Democrats in national opinion polls before European Parliament elections that will be held in The Netherlands on Thursday.

His virulent anti-Islam statements have angered many and Wilders has lived under round-the-clock armed guard since he received death threats in 2004.

"We have indications that Saudi Arabia is considering measures because of the insults to its flag and religion by Geert Wilders," Foreign Ministry spokesman Friso Wijnen said.

Wijnen could not say what these indications are, but that the Dutch government is seeking contact with Riyadh. The stickers were first printed in December.

"The Cabinet strongly distanced itself from the insults Wilders first made to the Saudi flag and the religion in December," Wijnen said. "It still does now."

Saudi government officials could not immediately be reached for comment by Reuters. The Saudi Chamber of Commerce was also not available.

However, Saudi newspaper Al Eqtisadiah reported on Friday that a directive would be circulated to all relevant authorities to exclude Dutch businesses from future projects and halt visits because of the anti-Islam statements, citing unnamed sources.

Wilders' stickers, which are in green and white like the Saudi flag, carry derogatory comments about Islam, the Prophet Mohammad and the Koran.

Bilateral trade between the countries was nearly $5bn in 2010 and The Netherlands is one of the largest investors in Saudi Arabia, making up nearly 4 percent of foreign direct investment that year, the Dutch government said.

In addition to trade in oil and gas, the Netherlands exports a wide range of products and technology in the agriculture, machinery, chemical and petrochemical sectors in Saudi Arabia.

Wilders, in reaction to possible trade measures by Saudi Arabia, said in a statement that The Netherlands "should have boycotted that country a long time ago."

===

so this is Europe's alternative to Russia? A country that is interfering in the internal policies of other countries, even what an opposition party is saying?

If russia were doing the same ,all hell would break loose in the western propaganda media. And are you volga german or russian ukraine german ?

A question.

other than lip service saudi royals will NOT do anything, period.

If russia were doing the same ,all hell would break loose in the western propaganda media. And are you volga german or russian ukraine german ?

A question.
No, these are for religious reasons. Another one of them stories where "you dare insult Islam and you must pay!", freedom of speech in Saudi Arabia must be borderline extinct, threaten to punish a country (which would not even be noticeable by the Dutch) because of a fringe politician, last time Dutch people insulted Islam someone was assassinated.

No, these are for religious reasons. Another one of them stories where "you dare insult Islam and you must pay!", freedom of speech in Saudi Arabia must be borderline extinct, threaten to punish a country (which would not even be noticeable by the Dutch) because of a fringe politician, last time Dutch people insulted Islam someone was assassinated.

When in rome ,be like roman.

dutch don't care about islam or Anything.Frankly ,Netherlands has welcomed a lot of muslims already and the way muslims behave is bout to create problems. That is why ,muslims are not liked much across the world.Their ultra aggressive behavior,lack of hygiene,work ethic,behavior towards kafirs,disrespect for local law etc.

Well,consider it good that dutch are pacifist .But if muslim community continue kowtowing the wahabbis and continues its antics the stance of many European nations will change.

dutch don't care about islam or Anything.Frankly ,Netherlands has welcomed a lot of muslims already and the way muslims behave is bout to create problems. That is why ,muslims are not liked much across the world.Their ultra aggressive behavior,lack of hygiene,work ethic,behavior towards kafirs,disrespect for local law etc.

Well,consider it good that dutch are pacifist .But if muslim community continue kowtowing the wahabbis and continues its antics the stance of many European nations will change.

Coming from an indian Hindu?lmao don't know if to cry or laugh at your comments.

Coming from an indian Hindu?lmao don't know if to cry or laugh at your comments.

What I state is fact. Look at how well hindus,sikh,ahmadiyya muslims,buddhists,shias are doing in west and look at how the sunni muslims are doing a total failure and underperformance,exception of Russia,Azerbaijan where kazan tatars ,astrakhan tatars,azeris have moderate mentality and are doing pretty well and are good innovators.Your sunni muslim community has real problems.

@MarkusS @flamer84 @SarthakGanguly @senheiser

Wikileaks: Huge #s of UK Muslims Support Violent Jihad, Sharia; Muslims Most Likely 2B Unemployed, Claim “Disability”

The NL is the best place in Europe...most people speak English.....people here are very friendly and helpful......never came across even a single incident of racism in last 6 months.. .. but these people have no respect for religion values even they dont seem to be following their own religion...So, Muslims, don't expect special treatment....

one fine day when I was dinning out, a man in his fifties who was sitting next to me, asked me...are you from India..I said yes, then he asked, "Cow is still holy in India" I said yes...he responded oh ya..I had heard about it..and then we had long chat over various things about India and The NL...even he asked about elections (then upcoming) in India....it was so nice talking to that Man..I felt so proud of my country....

Last edited:

Coming from an Indian!

:rofl:

What I state is fact. Look at how well hindus,sikh,ahmadiyya muslims,buddhists,shias are doing in west and look at how the sunni muslims are doing a total failure and underperformance,exception of Russia,Azerbaijan where kazan tatars ,astrakhan tatars,azeris have moderate mentality and are doing pretty well and are good innovators.Your sunni muslim community has real problems.

@MarkusS @flamer84 @SarthakGanguly @senheiser

Wikileaks: Huge #s of UK Muslims Support Violent Jihad, Sharia; Muslims Most Likely 2B Unemployed, Claim “Disability”

What does a Bharti punk like you know about ground realities. Punks like you & wilders can't accept the fact that we are taking over. Sunni Muslims aren't doing well? We've people at the highest echelons of almost all industries, we control some industries and it's just getting bigger boy.

Just coz your selective listening & reading goes to the lowest of our societies, you think we're all the same.

Haters are always going to hate

Their ultra aggressive behavior,lack of hygiene,work ethic,behavior towards kafirs,disrespect for local law etc
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Coming from a indiano_O

Talking about lack of hygiene when muslims will wash numerous times before prayer:cheesy: compared to curry smelling indians

People who won't adapt will be sent to container settlements, so called scum villages. Or put better, they are already being sent....

Converted-shipping-contai-008.jpg

Personally i like the below one more, has a much more prison feel to it

article-2242683-16579180000005DC-779_634x423.jpg

And the crucial part:

The container homes for persistent offenders have minimal services and are under 24-hour supervision from social workers and police.

Roma family accuse Amsterdam of 'racism' after being sent to 'scum village' - Telegraph

I'm all for the EU wide adoption of this, so that the unadapted ghetto boys from France Afrique and other variously colorful individuals who refuse to do like the Romans do when in Rome are all put in one spot and monitored.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom