What's new

Saudi Arabia may open cinemas in country

Do not bother with him. Grand mosque seizure was the mysterious and controversial event which Saudis blamed on Iran, and became the basis for Saudis to support Saddam to invade Iran. You see everything in Saudi Arabia revolve around Iran. While I am sure in Iran, you hardly hear anything on Saudi Arabia.

Iranian cinema has actually become much better after the revolution. I have seen movies from both era and the movies after revolution are the real gems. Once I recommended an Iranian movie (color of paradise) to a western female friend of mine and she was so impressed though it had made her cry so much. After seeing this movie no body can ever hold any prejudice against a person with disability. Very strong movie.

They were without a doubt inspired by iranian revolution. It has nothing to do with Iran nor did anyone blame Iran for it. Dnt believe him Arian.

A bunch of wackos took over haram sharif around the time Iran had it's revolution. Some 130 guys took over haram sharif and called for the ousting of Al-Saud because they allowed concerts and cinemas and stuff like that into the country.

Also tell me why does the Saudi Govt. not allow non-muslims in Mecca and Medina.Jews,Hindus,Christians,Sikhs have no problems with people of other faiths coming to their holiest places.

Egyptian movies - the best comedy you will ever see.

Iranian / french movies: Human story

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

They had satellite transmission, perhaps since you were sucking thumbs and i pray that Iranians also get to know the world bit more.

Though there are some are some areas where Saudi Arabia miss out and cinema is one of those but it hardly is an issue for the residents, as they can go to neighboring states.
You can also buy all hollywood and Arab cinema movies in any book store or rent it from stores.

You are comparing watching movie at home with movie theatres? Have you ever been to a movie theatre?

They had satellite transmission, perhaps since you were sucking thumbs and i pray that Iranians also get to know the world bit more.

Though there are some are some areas where Saudi Arabia miss out and cinema is one of those but it hardly is an issue for the residents, as they can go to neighboring states.
You can also buy all hollywood and Arab cinema movies in any book store or rent it from stores.

Also we have the best cable and pay per view service in the middle east.

As you are unable to share your opinion with others without showing your hatred I won't answer you, because It's useless to answer people like you, I just reported your post to the moderators. I'm sure they can take care of it better. About satellite transmission, when I was an infant people watched Turkish satellites and later after digital receivers entered Iran (around 15 years ago or so) we watched Iranian satellite channels broadcasted from outside of Iran and we had access to hot-bird and telestar satellites.

I know so many Pakistani families in Saudi Arabia, but they would send their wives/daughters to Pakistan to study/live etc because they thought Pakistan was a more open society and i always wondered why?

Now i know the answer.

Women forced to wear burqa, can't drive, no cinemas.........

'The color of paradise' is also a very good movie.

What do you think happened at the end? Did the son live? I loved the ending because it was excellent in that they left it up to the viewer.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

I know so many Pakistani families in Saudi Arabia, but they would send their wives/daughters to Pakistan to study/live etc because they thought Pakistan was a more open society and i always wondered why?

Now i know the answer.

Women forced to wear burqa, can't drive, no cinemas.........

Other than hajj, I am not interested in Saudi Arabia.

What do you think happened at the end? Did the son live? I loved the ending because it was excellent in that they left it up to the viewer.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Other than hajj, I am not interested in Saudi Arabia.

I think director wanted to keep viewers in a kind of limbo but there were hopeful signs. For example as the birds start to sing, the kid's fingers start to move as the kid liked to count them. So I like to think he survived as his father found his love for him.

Also tell me why does the Saudi Govt. not allow non-muslims in Mecca and Medina.Jews,Hindus,Christians,Sikhs have no problems with people of other faiths coming to their holiest places.

major differencies here.

1. for Muslims it is a duty to visit Mecca and Medina.

2. the number of visitors and the location and incidents.

- there is every year something like 4 million Muslims that visit Saudi Arabia to do their duty, how would you go with making Jews and hindus and Christians and whatever travel around here? muslims pray there and suddenly someone from an other religion just dont care about you and dont respect you etc...

- Saudi Arabia is EXTREMELY hot in the summer times (especially now, since the date of visiting is close to summer than to winter) people gets squished there and die because of the ammount of people. letting someone from other faiths there will just make it more difficult

Judaism and Islam has a big difference in followers. there isn't more than 20-30 million Jews in this world. while there is atleast 1.5 billion Muslims.

and that wacko Christians from america will see this as a oportunity to do something against our most holliest sites.

Well, yea, Iranian cinema has had some great achievements after the revolution. There are some good Iranian movies out there and recently an Iranian movie named 'Nader and Simin: A separation" has been nominated for Oscar award. 'The color of paradise' is also a very good movie. Unfortunately most Iranian movies that win awards in foreign festivals are just winning awards because they criticize Iran, so by giving important awards to Iranian directors they are encouraging Iranian directors to make more critical movies about Iran that can help their propaganda against Iran, that's what they've been doing with Latin American cinema as well. I'm not so fond of our cinema, neither the Iranian cinema before the revolution nor the current one. The Iranian cinema before the revolution was something between Hollywood and Bollywood, the current Iranian cinema is a bit better but it's still way far behind what I can call it a good film industry.

I agree. But still Iranian cinema has its own character and can not be compared to hollywood or bollywood. They have focused on neo-realism which I think shows the real humans rather hyper-fictional scenarios so common in other cinemas. And there are different films too, for example turtles can fly and be rang e arqavan etc etc. Overall I give Iranian movie a high score among the top cinemas of the world.

major differencies here.

- there is every year something like 4 million Muslims that visit Saudi Arabia to do their duty, how would you go with making Jews and hindus and Christians and whatever travel around here? muslims pray there and suddenly someone from an other religion just dont care about you and dont respect you etc...

- Saudi Arabia is EXTREMELY hot in the summer times (especially now, since the date of visiting is close to summer than to winter) people gets squished there and die because of the ammount of people. letting someone from other faiths there will just make it more difficult

Judaism and Islam has a big difference in followers. there isn't more than 20-30 million Jews in this world. while there is atleast 1.5 billion Muslims.

and that wacko Christians from america will see this as a oportunity to do something against our most holliest sites.

That was hilarious. Wacko christians?? :lol::lol:

major differencies here.

I hope you will be equally understanding when hindus demand their holy place to have a temple instead of a mosque.

Back
Top Bottom