What's new

Sasti Bijli a project by PTI volunteers for KP at their own !

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
10374014_10152524847593383_6019671953996842295_n.jpg

PTI supporters have initiated a project at their own by the name Sasti Bijli Ghar Ghar Roshan... which will install small hydro plants costing less than 300000/- Rs to permanently provide electricity to 15-20 houses in remote villages of KP where there is no electricity..

This is a very positive step by PTI supporters, may you get support from wealthy people and as well as govt.

WoW well done PTI guys, you've made us proud. This is awesome news for the people living far fetched remote areas of KPK, if it can produce electricity for 15 - 20 homes then 3 lac installation cost is nothing. What is the average life of each such plant?

Again cheap political propaganda + a lots of B.S . It takes lot more than 300,000 PKR to instal a Hydel Turbine not to mention the staff required to maintain and operate.

When are pakistani politicians going to get it days of bull.s.h.i.t.i.n.g and getting away with are gone all you doing is making yourself comes across as an *** and losing any chance of taking seriously.

WoW well done PTI guys, you've made us proud. This is awesome news for the people living far fetched remote areas of KPK, if it can produce electricity for 15 - 20 homes then 3 lac installation cost is nothing. What is the average life of each such plant?

I think it should go on like 20 years or so.. but not sure, thats why hoping some engineer can answer ?

such projects already been done by many individuals in KP... remember someone shared a video about it? I think in that video the cost was around 5 lac.

Reminds me of Swades.............nevermind....The picture is showing something installed well above the surface of a nalla...how is it suppose to work? How water is routed in Pipe which is higher than the water level and there is no picture of a turbine as well. It should have been something like this. I am not an engineer but can somebody enlighten me about the structure being used?
sundermann-water-turbine-5.jpg

A small scale hydroelectric facility requires that a sizable flow of water and a proper height of fall of water, called head, is obtained without building elaborate and expensive facilities. Small hydroelectric plants can be developed at existing dams and have been constructed in connection with river and lake water-level control and irrigation schemes. By using existing structures

These are simple turbines, not much capacity. For simple homes, they can power light bulbs and small appliances only. Better would be to install Wind turbines, a single 1 MW turbine would power a lot more homes and cheaply in the long run. Or perhaps solar cells.

what seems to be happening is that "some of the water is diverted from a river into a pipe called a penstock. The penstock feeds the water downhill to a generating station."

the pictures in the pdf file are not very different from the picture in post 1.

http://www.runofriverpower.com/media/documents/CEBC_FS-RunOfRiver_WEB354.pdf
Thats exactly what I asked, it can be diverted from river with fast flow but the one shown in brochure is not diverting water from a fast flowing river. Plus the placement of pipe is way above water level, how can one inject water in it unless its not submerged

These sort of projects are not difficult to develop.

University FYP's routinely make such turbines with a budget of around 2-5 lac and then give it to smaller companies who install these projects (mostly in northern areas).

The water flow need not be from a very big source, a small river would do just fine.

Differential holds of the water will serve as the driving force and give enough KE to the water.

In Northern areas and far flung areas where there are not much electrical appliances in a home, these sort of turbines can easily power a couple of homes which mostly consist of lights, fans, perhaps a refrigerator, TV, Iron etc.

This cuts down the cost of transmission, line losses etc.

Well good for them. I would say, you guys should only brag once the projects are completed. What we know so far about you guys is that you have failed to fulfill any promise your leader made. Thats all we know so far. So yeah.....

As far as small dams are concerned, many people in punjab have built their own tiny hydro dams on their lands. Its time consuming and less efficient but it does the job.

Thats exactly what I asked, it can be diverted from river with fast flow but the one shown in brochure is not diverting water from a fast flowing river. Plus the placement of pipe is way above water level, how can one inject water in it unless its not submerged

well im sure that those trying to build these projects (successfully or not) will atleast be knowing the basic kinetic energy concept. But yes the picture itself is not clear. i cant really understand what they are upto in the pic.

Back
Top Bottom