What's new

Sarabjit Singh to be released soon!,orders Zardari.

sarabjit_singh_file_670.jpg

Govt approves Indian spy Sarabjeet’s release

Govt approves Indian spy Sarabjeet

ISLAMABAD: The Government of Pakistan has approved the release of Indian prisoner Sarabjeet Singh, convicted of espionage charges, who been languishing in a local jail despite completion of his prison term.

Federal Law Minister Farooq H. Naek has signed the summary for Singh’s release and handed over his release orders to the Interior Ministry.

Singh was imprisoned in Kot Lakhpat jail.

Speaking to DawnNews, the law minister said Sarabjeet Singh’s death sentence had been converted to life imprisonment by the President and that the Indian prisoner had completed his sentence.

Singh’s release orders come after last month’s orders by the Indian Supreme Court allowing ailing Pakistani microbiologist Mohammad Khalil Chishti to travel to his home country on humanitarian grounds.

Dr Chishti had gone to India in 1992 to see his ailing mother where he was implicated in a murder case. After an 18-year-long trial, the octogenarian professor was awarded life imprisonment and sent to the Ajmer jail in January last year.

===
whats his story?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarabjit_Singh

I am sure there is be a heroes welcome for this guy back in India

Pakistan has Yet to Prove He is a Spy.

It is Childish on Pakistan's part to Tag an accused as 'Spy'.

ISLAMABAD: The Government of Pakistan has approved the release of Indian prisoner Sarabjeet Singh, convicted of espionage charges, who been languishing in a local jail despite completion of his prison term.

So he has completed his term..

I am sure there is be a heroes welcome for this guy back in India

Why would there be heroes welcome for him when most of the Indians know that he was a victim of false accusation ?

His family will be happy though and media will cover it as an innocent man's return from Pakistani prison.

Why would there be heroes welcome for him when most of the Indians know that he was a victim of false accusation ?

His family will be happy though and media will cover it as an innocent man's return from Pakistani prison.

good man

you answered your question yourself
:yahoo:

Zardari saheb.. kush raho.. aabad raho.. aap Pakistan ka permanent President bane raho..:partay:
Give him Indian nationality and make him President of India

-----

I have no objection over the release of this prisoner after spending 21 years in Pakistani prison but he was found guilty in Multan bombings back in 1990 so he must have been hanged soon after. Since he spent 21 years in jail it is now unfair to do that so congrats to him for the second life... I have no objection for his release after 21 years however he should have been hanged 20 years ago

zardari is mentally not sound...he was about to issue an ordinance some time ago abolishing death penalty in the country and setting free all criminals on death row and now he has done this.

Oh nai he spent 21 years in Jail so it is fair to release him now

zaki sir 21 years is nothing ...he brought about life time of suffering upon relatives of those who died in the bomb planted by this terrorist sarbjit..

i hope his name is put on ECL tomorrow morning by supreme court.

Supreme court doesn't perform executive duties
thats the job of the interior ministry.

he has been traded for our Scientist who was implicated for a murder while he was visiting India.
whats done is done.

for now lets agree with Indian version of the story

may the victims of the bomb blasts rest in peace. whoever did that would be found and punished.

border crossings by villagers and smugglers happen regularly. if he was a Pakistani and caught by BSF then same Indians would have been demanding him to be skinned alive.

Ch. Iftikhar should mind his role and stop poking his nose in the affairs of the state. his role is to interpret the law. if he is dying for a suo moto action then he should take one against some poor traffic Sargent and let that Indian go.

zardari is mentally not sound...he was about to issue an ordinance some time ago abolishing death penalty in the country and setting free all criminals on death row and now he has done this.

zaki sir 21 years is nothing ...he brought about life time of suffering upon relatives of those who died in the bomb planted by this terrorist sarbjit..

well his release is the part of the deal because Indians implicated our Scientist during his visit to India as a tit for tat.

good man

you answered your question yourself
:yahoo:

I think his name has been in the media for a while and since he completed 27 years in prison. I am sure he will be welcomed but as a victim and will not be cheered as a spy.. That was my point. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom