What's new

Sanskrit to replace Urdu on railway signboards in Uttarakhand

Don't take it personal, brother.

I just had enough of the debauchery of some members how don't seem to come to terms with the ground reality and the last thing I would want to hear is a childish tantrum from some off the boat ethnic chauvinist questioning my credentials as Punjabi. I've heard a lot of Punjabi from Lahore and adjoining districts freaking jinxed is the accent, always take a toll on my ear drums

I just had enough of the debauchery of some members how don't seem to come to terms with the ground reality and the last thing I would want to hear is a childish tantrum from some off the boat ethnic chauvinist questioning my credentials as Punjabi. I've heard a lot of Punjabi from Lahore and adjoining districts freaking jinxed is the accent, always take a toll on my ear drums

So why don't you get lost from Lahore and adjoining districts, I can assure you no one will miss you in Lahore or any adjoining districts.

So why don't you get lost from Lahore and adjoining districts, I can assure you no one will miss you in Lahore or any adjoining districts.

Hey guess what we have a beautiful village to dwell in where many generations of my ancestors are buried. And why do we go to Lahore when all things could be achieved visiting sargudha and Gujrat. No one miss them either

Something worth considering is that Sanskrit has a very long history in Uttarakhand. Modern-day Uttarakhand was where the Mahabharat and Ramayan were composed for the first time.

Last edited:
good to know that the name of railway stations change with "language".
but then, sanskrit (which is a language) will be most likely written in devanagiri (a script, not language).
swapping urdu (language written in arabic script in railway stations) with sanskrit (language written mostly in devanagri, however can be written in any conceivable scripts) is nothing but a nincompoop idea by equally merited politicians.
what jerks, duh.

Something worth considering is that Sanskrit has a very long history in Uttarakhand. Modern-day Uttarakhand was where the Mahabharat and Ramayan for the first time.
....and so were the rest of north india.

I meant government schools. It is a pity, once there were standards.

Stop making it a matter of death and life situation its just a language which predominantly has been made to be a medium of teaching by lahore and the adjoining minions of a districts. I doubt even self emulation by some pdf members in front of those school gonna force them or the parents or their kids to switch it to Punjabi. However Urdu is a very cool language imo

One more thing guys the amount of expenses you waist on sending your kids to Lahore for study is just ridiculous. They can learn better in much less amount by taking admission in the universities of gujrat and sargudha, the food, people and climate are superb. Lahoris and their malshiey are just over rated.

Sanskrit is a dead language which died it's natural death.

Any revival they are seeking is just a bastardized, fake version of the language.

The Israelis did the same by robbing Arabic words for their new exhumed fake Hebrew.

Hindus are doing the same by robbing Urdu, burying it, and exhuming this fake Sanskrit.
British colonial power introduced bastardized versions of Sanskrit in many forms in different regional languages. The objective was to kill off Farsi as the lingua franca.

British colonial power introduced bastardized versions of Sanskrit in many forms in different regional languages. The objective was to kill off Farsi as the lingua franca.
Can you give some examples? And which "regional languages" in particular?

I get the feeling that Indians are more proud of their own native languages than Pakistanis are. I mean, majority of Pakistanis don't have Urdu as their first language but promote Urdu over other languages. Bengalis, South Indians, Maharashtrians, Indian Punjab, etc are proud of their own language but I don't see Pakistani Punjabis being proud of Punjabi as much as say Indian Punjabis. That's just my observation.

Sanskrit has always been one of the official languages of Uttarakhand. I don't think Urdu is recognized in that state.

Uttarakhand actually has a few villages where people commonly use Sanskrit, and even some native speakers.

Sanskrit is one of the official languages of Uttarakhand
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uttarakhand

Ironic he was saying the whole world is commenting on India when almost all coverage of Pakistan in international media is negative.

Oh pick a small nick out of a huge basket why don't you, please you country is turning in to Nazi state and even the world sees it now.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom