What's new

Sania no more a poster girl

I wouldn't hold my breath for that bro. Leaving aside the politics between our countries, Pakistan just isn't a first rate cricket side anymore and wouldn't be high up on any future tour calender for any of the big names in world cricket anymore, be it India or South Africa or Australia. Heck, from recent reports, it seems its now come down to the ICC top dog literally trying to force India to play Pakistan. Compare that to yesteryears when a clash with Pakistan would actually get our respective competitive national juices flowing. Sad. But that is the reality today.

LOL, whatever makes you feel happy, your three foot tall little b@stard and his chums are not first rate either.

What a fool, seems like their *** has been burned by this story to a whole new level. There goes the open minded and freedom loving people.

LOL, whatever makes you feel happy, your three foot tall little b@stard and his chums are not first rate either.

What a fool, seems like their *** has been burned by this story to a whole new level. There goes the open minded and freedom loving people.

Dude why are you getting all abusive and personal here? Was it something I said? Your country is too dangerous for any country to risk sending its team to play you. Your team too ordinary to warrant invitation by any of the top cricket playing nations. Why take out that frustration on us? I mean even you cannot be so deluded as to seriously believe there is a single player of world class caliber in your team right? How did the country that produced a great like Wasim Akram come to such a state? Probably by concentrating on extra-curriculars. The sad thing is that this tragedy is reflected in the collective psyche of your countrymen, who are so starved for success on the field, that they confuse marrying a girl from a cricket superpower to victory by proxy off it in some truly twisted way. Well, as they say, whatever rocks your boat dude.:cheers:

Dude why are you getting all abusive and personal here? Was it something I said? Your country is too dangerous for any country to risk sending its team to play you. Your team too ordinary to warrant invitation by any of the top cricket playing nations. Why take out that frustration on us? I mean even you cannot be so deluded as to seriously believe there is a single player of world class caliber in your team right? How did the country that produced a great like Wasim Akram come to such a state? Probably by concentrating on extra-curriculars. The sad thing is that this tragedy is reflected in the collective psyche of your countrymen, who are so starved for success on the field, that they confuse marrying a girl from a cricket superpower to victory by proxy off it in some truly twisted way. Well, as they say, whatever rocks your boat dude.:cheers:

Are you serious or are you mentally unstable, what about Sohail Tanveer, Mohammed Asif, Umar gul, Mohammed Amir, Umar Akmal and so many that have popped just recently.

We also won the last 20-20 world cup. Saddest thing about your country is its infatuation with sub par elements found within the country that are hyped beyond belief only to found latter on as being another aspect of a glossy outlook hiding reality.

Anyone can put a few big words together and blabber on. If you cannot fathom what just happened, do not get angry or feel inferior as usual.

Try and get over it.

Are you serious or are you mentally unstable, what about Sohail Tanveer, Mohammed Asif, Umar gul, Mohammed Amir, Umar Akmal and so many that have popped just recently.

Please feel free to come back to the debate in a less arrogant and abusive frame of mind when you learn to appreciate the difference between local heroes and international greats.:coffee: The names you have mentioned would not find a place in most of our top Ranji teams, if you have been following the level of cricket in our part of the world. Leave alone the Indian national squad. Such players as you are getting all excited about may be your first A-list players, but the reality is that were India and Pakistan still a single country, none of them would have been in the list of 30 probables announced prior to any major tournament. Hope you can live with that. P.S. To be fair, on current form of our young pacers, Umar Gul may have got into the 30. Maybe.

Last edited:

Did that asshole forget that Danish Kaneria was a Hindu as well? How must he have felt?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: well i guess its not that offensive but he shouldn't have said that.

Really? Had that thing been said by an American Sportsman, his career would have ended and he would have probably been jailed.

He was frustrated after hearing the shock news from IPL that he wasn't selected. He was bowler of the series remember? in first IPL edition so he must have been pissed off after hearing he was not selected for the third edition of IPL.

The 'shock' news that he did not get their $$$?

Why don't we get rid off these shitty cricketers and get some decent cricketers. Agreed they may not play that well, but at least we can send the message that this sort of behavior is DOWNRIGHT unacceptable.

Please feel free to come back to the debate in a less arrogant and abusive frame of mind when you learn to appreciate the difference between local heroes and international greats.:coffee: The names you have mentioned would not find a place in most of our top Ranji teams, if you have been following the level of cricket in our part of the world. Leave alone the Indian national squad. Such players as you are getting all excited about may be your first A-list players, but the reality is that were India and Pakistan still a single country, none of them would have been in the list of 30 probables announced prior to any major tournament. Hope you can live with that. P.S. To be fair, on current form of our young pacers, Umar Gul may have got into the 30. Maybe.

How did Pakistan win the U-19 ODI world up, if your players are all that much better?

doesnt matter she will be a poster girl in - pakistan now.

and western media would like her more - the tie between two countries seen as enemy.

people in south asian country are just mad.

two young one's love each other - they get married - how the hell does it matter so much to others ??

and i bet she must have calculated it all before she decided to get married.

and decided to go for something - which money cant buy ;)

Did that asshole forget that Danish Kaneria was a Hindu as well? How must he have felt?

Danish is a hindu and i know he did not mean that. There is one bad thing in Pakistan that many of them believe Indian Hindus are responsible for all Problems. Trust me they consider Indian Muslims as their brothers and consider Sikhs to be close to them. But when it comes to hindus there are many racists in Pakista also. I personally found them very interesting peoples and i respect them regardless of their faith. Whatever they want to believe thats upto them many of the illeterate Pakistanis does not understand that

Really? Had that thing been said by an American Sportsman, his career would have ended and he would have probably been jailed.

Naaa Americans are racists but not as racist as you just mentioned :lol:

Once Hashim Amla of South Africa caught a ball and There was an english commentator who once said "oh the ball has gone to the terrorist" he thought the mikes are off but it was aired all over the world. He was immediately suspended and no further action was taken (as far as i know).

The most they could do to Tanvir is not play in India

thats all------------ no prison

Well even I am disappointed at Sania marrying Shoaib but not because Shoaib's a Pakistani but because she could have found a much better person.

Shoaib is just not something she deserved.

If she was marrying someone really classy in Pakistani, we would have had no objection.

But if she had to marry a guy like Shoaib then she could have found a much better guy in India itself.
LOL I agree to that. Shoaib Malik is such a dumb a s s :), a stupid guy who fell for internet romance

Employees of petrol pumps of a particular company, endorsed by Sania Mirza, are so upset by her marriage to Shoaib Malik, that they have taken to removing her posters from their petrol pumps.

"We have removed Sania's face from all the posters displayed here as we don't like her marrying a Pakistani cricketer," said an employee at the company's petrol pump at the Bangalore International Airport road.

"We were Sania's fans earlier. That is not the case anymore. How can any Indian marry a Pakistani?" asked an attendant at another petrol pump.

A businessman, who owns a petrol pump, said all posters featuring Sania had been removed because they don't want any trouble.

"This is just being done to be on the safer side. How do we handle if some miscreants decide to pelt stones at us. There is nothing we can do in such a situation. We hope removing the posters makes it safe for us. We don't want to invite any trouble," said the businessman.

"Few of our regular customers took strong objection to her posters and advised us to have them removed," he added.

Sania no more a poster girl
This would have been same thing in Pakistan had this been our case. :)

Danish is a hindu and i know he did not mean that. There is one bad thing in Pakistan that many of them believe Indian Hindus are responsible for all Problems. Trust me they consider Indian Muslims as their brothers and consider Sikhs to be close to them. But when it comes to hindus there are many racists in Pakista also. I personally found them very interesting peoples and i respect them regardless of their faith. Whatever they want to believe thats upto them many of the illeterate Pakistanis does not understand that

Once Hashim Amla of South Africa caught a ball and There was an english commentator who once said "oh the ball has gone to the terrorist" he thought the mikes are off but it was aired all over the world. He was immediately suspended and no further action was taken (as far as i know).

The most they could do to Tanvir is not play in India

thats all------------ no prison

1) That was Dean Jones - Australian NOT English. Australians have HIGH tolerance for Racism, English are somewhat tolerant towards racism, American law is LEAST tolerant towards Racism.

2) Dean Jones was NOT suspended, he was SACKED. AND he had to apologize PROFUSELY. His career STILL ended.

I repeat this again, if an AMERICAN sportsman had said the SAME thing, law suits would have followed. While imprisonment might or might not follow, depending on the statement, a HEAVY penalty would definitely be due. AND HIS CAREER would have definitely ENDED.

You have to understand the difference Zaki. I never said Americans are not racist. But, an American who 'expresses' that racism, will land in BIG BIG trouble.

Whatever you say Zaki, it's DISGUSTING and unfair that, as a sportsman, you say something racist against your team-mate! Sohail Tanvir must be flogged in public for saying something that disgusting. I commend Danish Kaneria for his outlook towards the whole thing. One can imagine what would happened if Danish had made a similar statement against Islam!

Would you be saying the same thing Zaki: "Well i guess its not that offensive but he shouldn't have said that." Heck, that would probably be the end of Danish's career.

Back
Top Bottom