What's new

Samajwadi MP booked for sedition after remarks defending Taliban

Seems like building political environment for UP polls. From what I have seen so far.
1. I advise all OBC SC ST and minority to Switch off all mainstream media and social media during election
week,
2. Avoid political rallies and election speeches.
3. discuss with a educated 50+ elder and consult his opinion about political parties. read newspaper editorials
4. don't vote in a emotional state. your iq is reduced when you are emotional. mediate/pray and find inner peace. make calculated logical decision.

It is surprising to see that he was charged with sedition for exercising free speech. It would be a chargeable offence if the MP had helped Taliban against the security interests of India. But merely making a statement in support of the Taliban regime does not equate to sedition.

India should rein in on rampant unbridled nationalism.

A day late and a dollar short.

India ideology is its majoritarian ideology. Obviously we wouldn't want to run our country based on your religious sentiments. Let me tell you India will always be defined by its Dharmic culture. Islam, Christianity or anything else will have to live under its shadow. Period.
The geographical entity, which is India today has a long history of foreign domination so the Dharmic culture you talk about was, for most of its history, at a personal level not the state level.

UN considers Taliban terrorists in addition to TTP, BLF and BRA. You can find a lot of support for Baluchistan in India.

Just some corrections, organisations designated as Terrorist/banned from the following

BLA - EU, UK,USA, Pakistan (No UN)
BRA - Banned by Pakistan (only)
BLF - Banned by Pakistan (Only)
TTP - UN, US,UK,Pakistan, UAE, Bahrain, Canada, NZ, Argentina

One more term for modi ,he will definitely explore india internal fault lines.

What do Indians think of Hindu extremists? Are India is allowed to speak against them or they fear their women will be lynched if they did?
Yes... Trolled if you make that speech on Twitter. Indians don't really see them marching up on street blocking traffic screaming slogans.

Sanghis are liars and you are no exception.

Samajwadi party is a party that represents the lower caste Yadavs in UP.
Is it like TMC in West Bengal?

Can it be expected to stand for Muslims?

Is it like TMC in West Bengal?

Can it be expected to stand for Muslims?

Muslims tend to vote for which ever party is in the best position to beat the BJP. Samajwadi Party is a regional party based in UP whose base is the lower caste Yadavs. Muslims in UP have mostly voted for the Samajwadi Party (for various reasons).

When it comes to Samajwadi Party standing up for Muslims, it has been a mixed record over the years. In today's India, it has almost become a political suicide for anyone to overtly support Muslims, and Samajwadi Party is held hostage to the same politics.

I don't expect Samajwadi Party to do anything for the Muslims in the coming years, even though majority of the UP Muslims will vote for them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom