What's new

Salmaan Taseer's death anniversary today

unfortunately no result..his killer is appreciated:hitwall:

simply because we are not terrorists like them dear last 10 years and afzal guru and 4 years kassab is alive because there is law in india and pakistan .

well what's really low is those third-rate lawyers and brain-dead civilians who actually had the gall to shower him with petals

the media was also stupid for giving qadri even 3 minutes of attention

Let us also condemn the inaction of the Pakistan government to recover Shahbaz Taseer from the kidnappers.

i think they are just clueless and have no idea where he is......either that, or the family wants to keep up away from media radar

yeah according to you Jesus already died for your sins-
Kill millions innocent people around the world and confess to the priest- and go to heaven-
I thank God i was born a Muslim-

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

You seem to understand nothing-
Grow a little bit older- Reach puberty every logic will then flow smoothly- :wave:

Honestly, you high or something?

Hang the SOB, I was gonna say shoot his supporters but then I realised that would be half of Pakistan lol.

Time we grew up as a nation and people. I know its been said so many times it's become a cliche and people have already there pre concieved ideas as soon as the words are mentioned but I truly believe "Islam is the best religion". And that's not due to maulvhis it's due to my own experience in life and my own research into Islam. Allah SWT is the only one who is truly there for you, the sooner we realise this the better. Yeah, you might think you believe this but you only truly will when your in a situation that's when you will call upon him.

Read the Quran, don't let other people interpretate it for you, the maulvhis, the religious leaders whatever persuasion they may be sunni, salafi, sufi.

If you can't read then I understand, but even then men should have the foresight to see that we all make our own judgements based on our intellect, knowledge and our genetic makeup. This differs in all men, so naturally we will all have different opinions this is healthy and encourages intellectual growth. It makes us stronger not weaker.

In the end we are not perfect and we all make mistakes, so maulvhis can be just as wrong as us. Also I hate this mentality where we are supposed to show them greater respect because they have more knowledge and put on a holy appearence. They only do it for themselves,what's to be praised in that?

Praise should be given on there behaviour, the way they talk with people, there love for humanity and the good they do.

If they think they are right and you think they are all wrong, what's the harm in that? Express it in a civil manner and discuss it with them so they understand your viewpoint and respect you for your insights.

And in the end if they still think your wrong then so what? It's good to have different opinions, there is no one right way we all make our own path in life.

Love your lord and thank him for all he has given us but also love yourself and realise how he has made you and that all that is inside you, the differing opinions, strong feelings and emotions, love for others is what he has given you and should be treated with the uttermost respect. Then read the Quran, it will tell you how to live successfully and happily.

I hope some of you read this and understand the message i'm trying to get across.

I'm a british born Muslim of pakistani heritage if I and others here can think like this and condemn the evil in our society I still have hope for our people.

The question here is not about whether the woman was guilty or not, rather is of Taseer's stout & unconditional support to her, without any collateral evidence of her innocence.

and what proof u have that the women was really guilty.

In January 2011, the governor of Pakistan's Punjab province, Salman Taseer, was killed by one of his own bodyguards, who was subsequently sentenced to death. Now Mumtaz Qadri is appealing against his sentence and some people believe he could yet hold office himself.

As Salman Taseer was sitting in an Islamabad restaurant having lunch with a friend on 4 January, Mumtaz Qadri was considering his angles.

Already on three occasions that day Qadri had tried to line up a clear shot on Taseer and failed, but as Taseer moved from his lunch table through a leafy market towards his car, Qadri made his move.

Shouting "God is great", the guard shot Taseer 27 times (it took just three or four seconds) then put his hands up in the air and said to his fellow guards (the governor moved with more than 20 armed men) "Don't shoot - arrest me." They did.

He has subsequently been sentenced to death, but going on the past performance of the judicial system in Pakistan and the particular circumstances of this case, few expect that sentence to be carried out.

Democracy campaigner
Salman Taseer was a larger-than-life, domineering, self-made millionaire.

As a hard-up accountancy trainee in London in the swinging 60s, he was a croupier in the Playboy club and, by all accounts, knew some of the bunny girls pretty well. In fact, by some accounts, he knew all of them quite well.

Salman Taseer was shot for trying to help a Christian woman who was convicted of blasphemy
Back in Pakistan, under the country's harshest military dictator General Zia ul Haq, he took to politics and was thrown into solitary confinement for campaigning for democracy.

He was always cracking jokes. Hillary Clinton once visited him in Governor House in Lahore, which is a hangover from the colonial era, a huge white building replete with columned arcades and tall, stiff-backed attendees wearing red tunics and starched turbans.

Inside there are huge ceremonial halls and wide corridors with parquet flooring and portraits of former governors on the walls.

"Mrs Clinton, I should probably let you know that when I lived in London I used to throw rocks at the American embassy in Grosvenor Square", Taseer said.

"Don't worry, Mr Governor," she replied, "so did I."

Continue reading the main story
From Our Own Correspondent

When she was leaving they looked out on the acres of perfect, flat lawns (and this right in the middle of the city of Lahore).

"I am sorry Mrs Clinton," he said. "We used to ask distinguished visitors such as yourself to plant trees in the lawns of Governor House here. Even the Queen planted one."

"The tradition has stopped?" she replied.

"Well, Idi Amin planted one - but then he ate the gardener," was his response.

To his great delight he later heard that she had giggled all the way back to Lahore airport.

Support for killer
So why did his bodyguard kill him?

Taseer - who had a record of protecting minority communities in Pakistan - was campaigning on a blasphemy case, that of a Christian woman called Asia Bibi.

Some Muslim women in her Punjab village accused her of defiling their well by drinking out of it and they demanded that she convert.

She refused and they accused her of blasphemy.

When he heard about the case Taseer decided he would try to get her a presidential pardon. He called a few journalists and visited her in prison and there he criticised the blasphemy law.

The blasphemy laws in Pakistan mean that anyone accused of denigrating the Koran or the Prophet is subject to immediate imprisonment.

Asia Bibi has been sentenced to death and there are fears a zealous prisoner or guard may try to kill her
In fact that is often a protection. Many of those accused of blasphemy have been killed by violent mobs.

Taseer believed the law was being misused by people who had petty disputes in order to get their enemies locked up. But when he said that he himself was accused of blasphemy and that is why his bodyguard decided Taseer should die.

After a week in Pakistan asking people about the Taseer case, I left believing that more Pakistanis have sympathy for the murderer Mumtaz Qadri than for his victim Salman Taseer.

The issue is so sensitive in Pakistan that no senior lawyer would take on the state's case against Qadri.

Eventually a Lahore lawyer did agreed to do it and I met him in his home where he now has two armed guards at the gate.

This is what he told me: "No lawyer would do it. My name was suggested. When I told my friends they said, 'Don't do it! Don't do it!' If the religious people here are annoyed with somebody they do not let them live.

"But Qadri's death sentence has to be maintained. If it is reduced to life, I tell you he will end up being released.

"And then he will become a member of parliament or even a minister because he is a hero, not only of the normal people but also very well read people, including ex-judges and serving judges. Very, very highly placed people are making him out to be a hero."

And that is true.

I went to see Mumtaz Qadri's brother at their sprawling home in Rawalpindi, where no fewer than 72 close relatives live in pretty cramped conditions.

Qadri's father was a brick-layer and his siblings have various low-paying jobs.

"You can't imagine what my brother has done," Qadri's eldest brother said. "People who before used to refuse to even shake our hands now come up to us and kiss our hands.

"We are just grateful that God chose a member of our family to protect the reputation of the Prophet."

BBC News - How Punjab governor's killer became a hero

and what proof u have that the women was really guilty.
That is exactly why, Taseer should have waited for courts verdict, before opening his big mouth & offering vehement support for the accused.

"Mrs Clinton, I should probably let you know that when I lived in London I used to throw rocks at the American embassy in Grosvenor Square", Taseer said.

"Don't worry, Mr Governor," she replied, "so did I."

"I am sorry Mrs Clinton," he said. "We used to ask distinguished visitors such as yourself to plant trees in the lawns of Governor House here. Even the Queen planted one."

"The tradition has stopped?" she replied.

"Well, Idi Amin planted one - but then he ate the gardener," was his response.

:rofl:

That is exactly why, Taseer should have waited for courts verdict, before opening his big mouth & offering vehement support for the accused.

he was ardently vocal about the need for the blasphemy law to at least be amended --actually in that sense i commend him for his bravery because I (personally) believe in the same thing.

the law is being abused.....laws are laws, they can be changed/amended in a legal fashion. Regardless of what we thought about his politics and his lifestyle (the latter being his OWN business) it is wrong to justify his murder (cold-blooded, in broad daylight)

how can anybody justify the killing (with his BACK towards the killer, hired to protect him)....cowardly killing, and brought horrible publicity to Pakistan.......do any of you guys who justify his killing want Pakistan to be seen as banana republic? You want to maintain the perception that Pakistan is a land of no rule of law --where anybody who voices their views should have AK-47 magazines emptied into them?

be rational!

Back
Top Bottom