What's new

Salmaan Taseer gets top US peace prize

The case in which Salman Taseer spoke up was actually a no-brainer. Aseea bibi (or Masih) was sentenced after a proper trial. She confessed. There was no point in highlighting a lost cause. She was guilty as charged and she admitted her guilt in presence of many witnesses. Salman Taseer was foolish and power-drunk. He needed to look for a cause after his failed attempt to dislodge Shahbaz Sharif government badly misfired. He was not doing something out of the goodness of his heart. He was playing to the secular gallery. Only people like yourself appreciate his stance. Nobody cares that PPP government, whose functionary Salman Taseer was never bothered to legislate. Highlighting an issue and running in circles thereafter is what PPP was (and is) good for. Salman Taseer was perfect for this.

He was arrogant, he was lecherous, he was corrrupt, he was power-hungry, and his stint as Governor of Punjab was a tale of corruption, graft, nepotism, debauchery, and failed stupid political projects.

I can not forgive him for lack of response to the attack on Sri Lankan Cricket team. He had sacked Punjab Government in order to install PPP faction in government. The administrative affairs were in disarray. Governor of Punjab Janab Salman Taseer had invited important functionaries (IG, DIG, and other police and admin people) to Governor House the night before the attack. As one expected of him, they continued late into the night doing what they did best. When the attack happened, all of the key people were fast asleep. A'la Hazrat janab Salman Taseer shaheedi-Hamaqat-o-Corruption was hung-over and groggy. This was criminal neglect for which Salman Taseer was culpable. If anyone in PPP government had guts to do something, Salman Taseer's head would have been the first to roll in a shake-up. But nothing happened. In contrast, Shahbaz Sharif was routinely at his office at 7 AM. Had it been him at the helm of affairs, the terrorists would not have had such an easy escape.

I bet the award giving committee is more interested in promoting their agenda in Pakistan, and they have no interest in actual merit.

The case in which Salman Taseer spoke up was actually a no-brainer. Aseea bibi (or Masih) was sentenced after a proper trial. She confessed. There was no point in highlighting a lost cause. She was guilty as charged and she admitted her guilt in presence of many witnesses. Salman Taseer was foolish and power-drunk. He needed to look for a cause after his failed attempt to dislodge Shahbaz Sharif government badly misfired. He was not doing something out of the goodness of his heart. He was playing to the secular gallery. Only people like yourself appreciate his stance. Nobody cares that PPP government, whose functionary Salman Taseer was never bothered to legislate. Highlighting an issue and running in circles thereafter is what PPP was (and is) good for. Salman Taseer was perfect for this.

He was arrogant, he was lecherous, he was corrrupt, he was power-hungry, and his stint as Governor of Punjab was a tale of corruption, graft, nepotism, debauchery, and failed stupid political projects.

I can not forgive him for lack of response to the attack on Sri Lankan Cricket team. He had sacked Punjab Government in order to install PPP faction in government. The administrative affairs were in disarray. Governor of Punjab Janab Salman Taseer had invited important functionaries (IG, DIG, and other police and admin people) to Governor House the night before the attack. As one expected of him, they continued late into the night doing what they did best. When the attack happened, all of the key people were fast asleep. A'la Hazrat janab Salman Taseer shaheedi-Hamaqat-o-Corruption was hung-over and groggy. This was criminal neglect for which Salman Taseer was culpable. If anyone in PPP government had guts to do something, Salman Taseer's head would have been the first to roll in a shake-up. But nothing happened. In contrast, Shahbaz Sharif was routinely at his office at 7 AM. Had it been him at the helm of affairs, the terrorists would not have had such an easy escape.

I bet the award giving committee is more interested in promoting their agenda in Pakistan, and they have no interest in actual merit.

I agree with everything you have said. He was a pretty slimy guy but his final stand did resonate with many Pakistanis. I would want to see his Murderer Hung to close this chapter. We cannot let vigilante run amok and decide who lives and who dies.

Back
Top Bottom