What's new

Salafists Attack Shia Homes in Egypt, Killing Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

iranigirl2

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Four Egyptian adherents of the Shia faith were killed in Egypt today when the house they were meeting in was attacked by Salafists, following two weeks of instigation against the Shia.

According to various reports, the house the Shia were meeting in, in Giza, Cairo, was attacked and burned. Al Badil News quotes a witness from the mortuary who says that one of those killed was slaughtered and the remaining three had injuries to their heads. The horrific incident unleashed anger online.

Hazem Barakat documented the crime, sharing bloodied photographs and a video of the attack online. On Twitter, he says he was threatened for sharing the incident he has witnessed. He adds

@7azem122: I am ready to testify at the Public Prosecutor and I will say what happened in detail and I will say that the clergymen were the ones who instigated this crime

He continues:

@7azem122: Instigating against the Shia started two weeks ago in all the mosques and today they executed their plan. Those clergymen are sons of dogs. They killed people with young children

Five hours ago he tweeted:

@7azem122: The Salafists have started to break the roof of the house the Shia are in. It is a surreal scene.

He also claims the police, including officers, were standing by and watching as the lynching took place.

The incident was met with anger online.

Satirist Dr Bassem Youssef tweets:

@DrBassemYoussef: Today it is a Shia; tomorrow a Sufi, and then a Copt, a before him a Bahai. Afterwards it will be a Muslim who doesn't agree with the way you want to implement Sharia (Islamic teachings) with your ideology and then it will be someone whose look you don't like

People gather at the alley in which the house where the Shia were killed in Cairo today.

Police remained idle as a home where Shia Egyptians were meeting today was attacked by Salafists, says.

‫

http://globalvoicesonline.org/2013/06/23/salafists-attack-shia-homes-in-egypt-killing-four/

I checked your link but ... I could not find any reliable source on your link ............

Didn't this story publish in any reliable paper..????

It's reported by New York Times:

In a shocking attack on Sunday, a crowd of Sunni Muslims threw rocks and Molotov cocktails at a house in a village near Cairo where members of Egypt’s Shiite minority were holding religious celebrations, leaving four dead, including Hassan Shehata, a Shiite spiritual leader, security officials said. The attacks reflected a growing lawlessness and intolerance in Egypt, where ultraconservatives who were once suppressed now have a freer hand to advance their views.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/24/w...as-anniversary-approaches.html?ref=middleeast

Still making excuses for Wahhabis??

In a shocking attack on Sunday, a crowd of Sunni Muslims threw rocks and Molotov cocktails at a house in a village near Cairo where members of Egypt’s Shiite minority were holding religious celebrations, leaving four dead, including Hassan Shehata, a Shiite spiritual leader, security officials said. The attacks reflected a growing lawlessness and intolerance in Egypt, where ultraconservatives who were once suppressed now have a freer hand to advance their views.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/24/w...as-anniversary-approaches.html?ref=middleeast

The Egyptian Gov't should do something before it is too little too late. Maybe the Egyptians are considering cutting off the diplomatic relations with Iran once more, who knows? The conservative branches in Egypt are powerful.

The Egyptian Gov't should do something before it is too little too late. Maybe the Egyptians are considering cutting off the diplomatic relations with Iran once more, who knows? The conservative branches in Egypt are powerful.

Conservative salafi branch in Egypt are NOT powerful, most Egyptian outright hate these people. The Salafi (Wahhabi) Parties are hated.

This is an attack on Shia Egyptian, why would Egypt cut ties with Iran?

Your logic is a typical logic of a Wahhabi.

No one gives a crap in Egypt because the Shias started it, believe me it doesn't bother Morsi, the anti Shi'te dominated Islamist parties and the police. Just those jealous secular opposition scums that won't rule Egypt. Meanwhile Suuni Muslims being slaughtered in Syria and Iraq by the Shi'tes.

So just forget it.

Thanx for giving reference of New York Times ... But no where mentioned that Salafists had attacked ... Now I think propaganda is over against Salafists :)

No one gives a crap in Egypt because the Shias started it, believe me it doesn't bother Morsi, the anti Shi'te dominated Islamist parties and the police. Just those jealous secular opposition scums that won't rule Egypt. Meanwhile Suuni Muslims being slaughtered in Syria and Iraq by the Shi'tes.

So just forget it.

This is all propaganda ...........

@iranigirl2

Conservative salafi branch in Egypt are NOT powerful, most Egyptian outright hate these people. The Salafi (Wahhabi) Parties are hated.

The entire governmental institutions are in he hands of the conservative Egyptians, except the armed forces which is already anti-Iran.

This is an attack on Shia Egyptian, why would Egypt cut ties with Iran?

Any attack on people who adheres a different faith is outrageous. But, don't except people to hug Hasan Sha'tah for the nice words he is spreading, especially during the Syrian crisis.

Your logic is a typical logic of a Wahhabi.

I'm not religious at all. But I understand the code of the word Vahabi, okay?

Well, Egypt is moving toward the right direction now, they put boots in the grounds to destroy Iran's tunnel to arm Hamas's Gaza, condemned Iran interference in Syria and slammed them for poking their nose into Bharain's internal affairs

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked your link but ... I could not find any reliable source on your link ............

Didn't this story publish in any reliable paper..????

Up to this moments, no body confirmed who clashed with Hasan and his fallowers. Some Arab news agencies stated that the he was beatin up with local people, not Salafist groups.

Let just wait and see my fellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom