What's new

Sahiwal Coal Power Project set to become first CPEC project to be completed

60 percent of world power is produced by coal power plants, that's also include China India USA Britain, Australia and many more who are much more concerned abt the environment and peoples health.
I won't go far..
yeah maybe you forgot, even Pakistan is suffering from environmental effects and unusual foggy situation in certain places near border due to Indian coal projects....
http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21642224-air-indians-breathe-dangerously-toxic-breathe-uneasy
and we already have a high air pollution chart!
http://www.dawn.com/news/1119031/pakistans-urban-air-pollution-off-the-charts-world-bank
https://www.chinadialogue.net/artic...ects-in-Pakistan-likely-to-damage-environment

I won't go far..
yeah maybe you forgot, even Pakistan is suffering from environmental effects and unusual foggy situation in certain places near border due to Indian coal projects....
http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21642224-air-indians-breathe-dangerously-toxic-breathe-uneasy
and we already have a high air pollution chart!
http://www.dawn.com/news/1119031/pakistans-urban-air-pollution-off-the-charts-world-bank
https://www.chinadialogue.net/artic...ects-in-Pakistan-likely-to-damage-environment

Everyone is convinced there are energy shortages in Pakistan

BUT, can't have:

Solar and Wind due to higher costs, triggering corruption accusations

Coal and LNG due to environmental concerns, triggering NGOs to file lawsuits

Hydropower projects due to their location, triggering ethnic conflicts

Do you have any concrete alternative where everyone can be happy ?

Guys, for the last time, modern coal plants are vastly cleaner then those of the past. It's a developing technology; how long before they are virtually emission free?

Imported coal ? It's only a matter of time before this is replaced when domestic production is ramped up.

Never a fan of nuclear power, dangerous stuff.

Iss mai bhee commission khaya hoga kiu bhyee @notorious_eagle

Never a fan of nuclear power, dangerous stuff.
Then its probably high time you leave UK :lol:
_40679760_nuclear_map416.gif

I wish my countrymen on this board wouldn't go overboard with hate on this news... Anyhow just so to make clear this is a CPEC project which again is a project of the PMLN leadership... and they do deserve an applause on this...

Everyone is convinced there are energy shortages in Pakistan

BUT, can't have:

Solar and Wind due to higher costs, triggering corruption accusations

Coal and LNG due to environmental concerns, triggering NGOs to file lawsuits

Hydropower projects due to their location, triggering ethnic conflicts

Do you have any concrete alternative where everyone can be happy ?
Let's continue this discussion after inauguration of Bhasha Dam's construction for 5th-6th time....
and sindhi nationalist waderas abusing Punjabis over issue of Kalabagh dam!

Let's continue this discussion after inauguration of Bhasha Dam's construction for 5th-6th time....
and sindhi nationalist waderas abusing Punjabis over issue of Kalabagh dam!
Not only Sindhi waderas but Pushton politics have been long based on Kala Bhag (even to date)

:yahoo::yahoo::pakistan::pakistan::china::china:

Next will be Karachi Port Qasim One
If you are referring to Wind yes they will start production in 2017, but today i got the news that other then these 3 unit two more companies are ready to start 2 or 3 more unit... so in short Pakistan economy must touch the sky from 2020...

These points themselves are proving that its a great health hazard...
What when the Management will be handed over to Pakistanis??
Who need 30,000 trees we even gulped all natural forests...
And why using those all expensive measures for nothing??
Anyways these coal plants are great concern as Chinese won't be always here!!
did you knew anything about Kanupp and problems he faces? Old nuclear Plant near Karachi?
You seriously under estimate Pakistanis

If you are referring to Wind yes they will start production in 2017, but today i got the news that other then these 3 unit two more companies are ready to start 2 or 3 more unit... so in short Pakistan economy must touch the sky from 2020...

did you knew anything about Kanupp and problems he faces? Old nuclear Plant near Karachi?
You seriously under estimate Pakistanis

I was Referring to Port Qasim Coal Power Plant not wind

"""""lines from thread r""""
Being the world’s fastest growing economy, China has the world’s most advanced technology of thermal power. The same technology and equipment is being used in the construction of Sahiwal Coal Fired Power Plant Complex.

Shiwsll id most fertile land in Pak, v should not install plant in that area , it may damage the entire cows and buffalo population

ITs sad to see where v r heading... China is our friend but v have to think , what we r doing??? These plants china r going to install here, r the plants that china going to shut down. Our govt is making us fool by transferring those used plants from china to mess up the Pakistan..
V should move to water or nuclear power generation

Here is news which says China will shut down the all coal plants

Beijing to Shut Down All Coal-Fired Power Plantsby 2017

Development and Reform Commission announced recently that the government of Beijing has developed a clean air action plan, under which it will shut down all coal-fired power plants by 2017, three years ahead of the original schedule.

China to Shut Down 1,000 + Coal Mines

Last edited:
here is the simple truth ... when nawaz came in to power shortages were almost 7000MW and still its the same ... on the other hand due to oil prices abnormal reduction no benefits have been passed to ordinary public yet ..

why still our GDP growth is slower ? answer is just like a human body need energy to function properly same way countries also required energy to boost their economy at a reasonable cost.

here is the simple truth ... when nawaz came in to power shortages were almost 7000MW and still its the same ... on the other hand due to oil prices abnormal reduction no benefits have been passed to ordinary public yet ..

why still our GDP growth is slower ? answer is just like a human body need energy to function properly same way countries also required energy to boost their economy at a reasonable cost.

Are you sure you know what you are talking about? I don't think so, allow me to butcher your biased views with facts :lol::enjoy:

1) Electric Needs: The electric needs when NS came in, were already depressed and were further declining. People had moved to generators in their homes, and commercial industry was shut down. A HUGE number of businesses had moved to places like Malaysia, Bangladesh, China and some even to India (multi national ones specially). So what this means, is that if you had a shortfall of 7000 MW, if all the above were still in working condition, the real short fall would've been doubled that number (if we pretend that the power issue started from the day NS took the office and before him, the country was running on full economic throughout with all businesses working).

2) I've actually met and advised a few CEO's of large textile industries in Pakistan, who were literally losing dozens of millions per week (in dollars) and were loosing hundreds of millions in contract from the West in dollars). So you can't take the number of a three times inversely correlated depressed electric and industry throughput and come up with 7000 MW. That's wrong.

3) Population Increase: Pakistan has the second highest birth rate as of 2014 (per World Bank reports I read back then when I was reviewing the strategy till 2018, which was presented to the IMF and WB). So, let's say, in the past 4 3+ years, you had an increase of 15-20 million children, similarly, probably another few million people became legally adults (turning 17 or 18, whichever one is the "legal age in Pakistan"), and then many millions, similarly joined the workforce and started to make some $$$$ or doing business. So millions of new households were born in the past three years, further INCREASING the electric needs. So the already depressed shortfall that I outlined in number 1, would not be increased. So as of today, the shortfall may be around 15000-18000 MW. With many projects and extensions already starting to bear fruit, this shortfall has been reduced to 7000 MW. Plus the furnace oil industry has ALSO been pumping at full capacity.

4) Remember, the first thing NS did, was to bring back many businesses on their own guarantees so that some of the money and jobs would come back to Pakistan. Then, they also looked into how to generate quick electricity. So the fact as of now, is that the businesses are NOT shut down. There is proper electricity being provided to the industry in Punjab (that was totally cut by Zardari, a SAD reality of Pakistani politics where leaders are allowed to derail the system and destroy the economy, the current sit-ins and all that drama, is the same thing, destroy the progress and the economy or steal the government).

But, all this effort above, has started to pay off. Pakistan's macro and micro economic indicators have gotten much stable and better in the past three years. The IMF is on their own, are saying god bye to Pakistan as the government of Pakistan doesn't want to take dictation anymore and they have enough savings that they aren't in default or anything, like they were when they came into power. For the FIRST time in Pakistan's history, you have over $ 21 billion in saving reserves. Why couldn't someone do all this in the past 70 years?

There are a LOT of talkers.......not one entity that can say "we did all this" besides the current government!!

5) Your GDP is growing at a steady pace now. It is going to go higher up in starting 2018, as the projects come online, new jobs are created and the entire economic cycle gets an uplift with electricity available 24*7.

Its VERY easy to criticize without having a clue about the real complexities. Its MUCH harder for anyone to actually DO what these guys did in less than 3-4 years. I don't care on Pakistani politics and all that bullshiit drama, but where impressive progress is made that helps an ENTIRE nation of 220 million people (who've lived in darkness for the past 70 years), the credit should be given. Many investments are also coming to Pakistan. Every Western company has asked for NO power outages and the fact that this system will remain in tact, till its normal course. So they know the billions they are ready to pour in, will be honored by the next government as long as the government changes legally and on time. Anything else will create a vacuum and the Chinese and the West specifically will run away. The Iranians on the back-end have given Chinese plenty of easy benefits to join the Chahabar route from Afghanistan per India's desire and India has told the Chinese to do better in trade if they can listen to Iran, all to cut Pakistan off. So whoever thinks the Chinese are in because of "their interest" is smoking or drinking stuff that they shouldn't be. This is ALL a work of a government who's convinced the Chinese towards cooperation and investments.

Chinese are your friends, but they've been your friends for the past 5 decades......where was the $ 50 billion worth of investment before in anyone else's time? Its simply a matter of who they want to do business with. Same goes for Turks, Russians, Eastern Europe, the EU (GSP Plus), etc, etc.

There is plenty of manufacturing business (electronics, semi conductor, etc), coming to Pakistan and verbal agreements and studies have already been completed.

Are you sure you know what you are talking about? I don't think so, allow me to butcher your biased views with facts :lol::enjoy:

Fact:
: something that truly exists or happens : something that has actual existence
: a true piece of information

So lets see if you butchered his facts, or rather butchered the concept of Facts

1) Electric Needs: The electric needs when NS came in, were already depressed and were further declining. People had moved to generators in their homes, and commercial industry was shut down. A HUGE number of businesses u had moved to places like Malaysia, Bangladesh, China and some even to India (multi national ones specially). So what this means, is that if you had a shortfall of 7000 MW, if all the above were still in working condition, the real short fall would've been doubled that number (if we pretend that the power issue started from the day NS took the office and before him, the country was running on full economic throughout with all businesses working).

"Electricity Needs": What was the shortfall before NS and what is the current shortfall? How did you determine the demand being Doubled ? Which multinational businesses moved production facility to India?
I don't see a single FACT here

2) I've actually met and advised a few CEO's of large textile industries in Pakistan, who were literally losing dozens of millions per week (in dollars) and were loosing hundreds of millions in contract from the West in dollars). So you can't take the number of a three times inversely correlated depressed electric and industry throughput and come up with 7000 MW. That's wrong.

None of it again is a fact, In fact it is utter BS. CEO of large textiles literally lost dozens of millions per week as you emphasize means if the there is atleast one textile agency that can produce say dozens of million /week for even a month, Show me one Textile in Pakistan that has a turnover of 4xDozen - 48 Million Dollar turnover in a single month.

Because there is no such large textile mill which has earnings of a dozen million dollar/week that it can lose such earnings, that implies your meeting was exactly as fictional as rest of your delusional grand standing.

3) Population Increase: Pakistan has the second highest birth rate as of 2014 (per World Bank reports I read back then when I was reviewing the strategy till 2018, which was presented to the IMF and WB). So, let's say, in the past 4 3+ years, you had an increase of 15-20 million children, similarly, probably another few million people became legally adults (turning 17 or 18, whichever one is the "legal age in Pakistan"), and then many millions, similarly joined the workforce and started to make some $$$$ or doing business. So millions of new households were born in the past three years, further INCREASING the electric needs. So the already depressed shortfall that I outlined in number 1, would not be increased. So as of today, the shortfall may be around 15000-18000 MW. With many projects and extensions already starting to bear fruit, this shortfall has been reduced to 7000 MW. Plus the furnace oil industry has ALSO been pumping at full capacity.

Fact: Pakistan's on the list of nations with Birth rate came is at Number 50 and not 2nd.

Reflects quite poorly on the your review of strategy when you cannot understand the difference between 2 and 50. It just reaffirms that not a single boast that throw has an ounce of truth to it.

upload_2016-5-8_20-42-40.png

4) Remember, the first thing NS did, was to bring back many businesses on their own guarantees so that some of the money and jobs would come back to Pakistan. Then, they also looked into how to generate quick electricity. So the fact as of now, is that the businesses are NOT shut down. There is proper electricity being provided to the industry in Punjab (that was totally cut by Zardari, a SAD reality of Pakistani politics where leaders are allowed to derail the system and destroy the economy, the current sit-ins and all that drama, is the same thing, destroy the progress and the economy or steal the government).

Again rhetoric, No fact presented.

But, all this effort above, has started to pay off. Pakistan's macro and micro economic indicators have gotten much stable and better in the past three years. The IMF is on their own, are saying god bye to Pakistan as the government of Pakistan doesn't want to take dictation anymore and they have enough savings that they aren't in default or anything, like they were when they came into power. For the FIRST time in Pakistan's history, you have over $ 21 billion in saving reserves. Why couldn't someone do all this in the past 70 years?

Fact:
18 Billion Dollars to 21 billion Dollars in Six years, in the same period the external debt went from 57 Billion Dollars to 68 Billion Dollars.

http://www.sbp.org.pk/ecodata/FER/2016/Forex-25-Mar-16.pdf

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/pakistan/external-debt

5) Your GDP is growing at a steady pace now. It is going to go higher up in starting 2018, as the projects come online, new jobs are created and the entire economic cycle gets an uplift with electricity available 24*7.

Again not a fact but a prediction.

So out of the 5 "Facts" presented, none of them are facts but just rhetoric, made up stories, outright lies, prediction and common knowledge.
Well done though you were successful in butchering the concept of "Facts"

Fact:
: something that truly exists or happens : something that has actual existence
: a true piece of information

So lets see if you butchered his facts, or rather butchered the concept of Facts

"Electricity Needs": What was the shortfall before NS and what is the current shortfall? How did you determine the demand being Doubled ? Which multinational businesses moved production facility to India?
I don't see a single FACT here

None of it again is a fact, In fact it is utter BS. CEO of large textiles literally lost dozens of millions per week as you emphasize means if the there is atleast one textile agency that can produce say dozens of million /week for even a month, Show me one Textile in Pakistan that has a turnover of 4xDozen - 48 Million Dollar turnover in a single month.

Because there is no such large textile mill which has earnings of a dozen million dollar/week that it can lose such earnings, that implies your meeting was exactly as fictional as rest of your delusional grand standing.

Fact: Pakistan's on the list of nations with Birth rate came is at Number 50 and not 2nd.

Reflects quite poorly on the your review of strategy when you cannot understand the difference between 2 and 50. It just reaffirms that not a single boast that throw has an ounce of truth to it.

View attachment 304253

Again rhetoric, No fact presented.

Fact:
18 Billion Dollars to 21 billion Dollars in Six years, in the same period the external debt went from 57 Billion Dollars to 68 Billion Dollars.

http://www.sbp.org.pk/ecodata/FER/2016/Forex-25-Mar-16.pdf

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/pakistan/external-debt

Again not a fact but a prediction.

So out of the 5 "Facts" presented, none of them are facts but just rhetoric, made up stories, outright lies, prediction and common knowledge.
Well done though you were successful in butchering the concept of "Facts"

Ouch.....Viper apparently bit you on the right place. Did they fire you from that security job? I told you, I'd double up the salary and you won't have to work the night shifts. You didn't listen.....I am offering out of respect for you as you are a fel-low PDF member :agree: :azn:

By the way, its a fact that the population is growing and needing more electricity, its also a fact that so many businesses left and the remainder weren't getting electricity at all and there are PLENTY of facts that Pakistanis will understand. A Monkey watching an Elephant breaking a tree, and then attempting to hit that tree with his head, doesn't become an Elephant. He becomes "hurt" instead. Similarly, leave this topic to the people who know the details. Debating with you on this subject is like debating with a resident of Moon on Earthly issues :rofl: :angel:

How about you write about Jamnagar power plant and let go of this. As much as I would LOVE to answer you, its a total waste of time talking to an Indian guy over Pakistan's electrical issues. Like I said, write about Mumbai or Jamnagar and I'd love to jump in as the conversation would make sense. Leave this topic up to the Pakistanis to respond to. Majority of them who know the situation would tell you they understood every bit of what I wrote.

Back
Top Bottom