What's new

Safety Advice for EID

It's quite sad really; we're not supposed to be discussing such things on a happy occasion but alas...

Just got this via email from a colleague, thought it would be useful for people celebrating eid in Pakistan:

As you are well aware that Eid-ul-Fitr, an important Islamic festival is likely to fall on either 9th or 10th Aug’2013.

Pakistan in general is under persistent security threats from various terrorist factions operating in Pakistan. Their nefarious designs and motives are to strike terror into the hearts of common people and create chaos and confusion before and during this important event. LEAs have already been instructed to be vigilant and alert during these holidays all across PK

In order to protect yourself and your families from any potential and unexpected terrorist attack, it is essential to please ensure avoid visiting following places with your family where the risk of terrorist attacks are high during Eid holidays esp. at Chand Raat (Moon sighting day) and other days as well :-

· For Eid Namaz(Prayers) :- Perform your Eid prayers if possible at Open Eid Gahs/Grounds. Avoid (if possible) going to prominent mosques/places where VIPs are likely to be present. Try to offer your prayers near to your residence. While offering Namaz (prayers), try to be in the middle of the congregation instead of at the end /flanks or in the front rows. If possible join early timing prayers (before 0730 hours).
· Any potential site(s) where there a history of disturbance/terrorist attacks
· Picnic Spots/recreation places.
· Crowded/congested areas.
· Children play grounds and parks.
· Avoid traffic jams and moving on deserted streets/bottle necks.
· Traffic and Local Police incl Anti-Terrorist squads and Rangers have been instructed to have a strict/close vigilance on suspicious people/activity and movement on private vehicles, so always keep your essential documents e.g. Car / CNIC etc with you to avoid any confrontation/unnecessary delay and embarrassment.
· Try if possible to be at home and keep a low profile during your holidays.
· Avoid visiting shrines/ mazars/mausoleums etc.
· Avoid visiting prominent Malls and shopping centres.

Stay safe and happy eid :)

Serious question: Do you think ANY of that advice above was applicable in this situation?

Suicide attack on policeman's funeral in Quetta kills 38 - DAWN.COM

just say dont go anywhere n sit home n get bored,why write such long post
smileys-smiley-with-sign-784150.gif
jk

Some will like to offer the Eid prayers.....precisely which makes these suggestions of taking the precautionary measures logical.

Argus just add ketchup everything will become fine!

Now a days Blood is more cheaper than ketchup do you want it? :ashamed:

I am just a layperson, but even I can tell you that with the jammed and emotional crowd at a funeral held in an area with no control over entry or exit, the threat level would be impossibly high to defend against.

Death is written where ever you hide it will come. so why fearing from death while u can die while saying prayer rather than at home..... (care is applicable where you are sure about some thing or some sort of threats)

Death is written where ever you hide it will come. so why fearing from death while u can die while saying prayer rather than at home..... (care is applicable where you are sure about some thing or some sort of threats)

Excellent thought. Lets remove all the guards from mosques then. Do you want to go first?

Excellent thought. Lets remove all the guards from mosques then. Do you want to go first?

i told u care is important it doesnt mean u can escape from death while hiding in ur home. it will come if its written. if you can understand what i said in case if there is already threat on particular place don;t go there. but it doesn't mean just hide in ur home.

Damn. I was expecting safety advices for lighting fire crackers.

Back
Top Bottom