What's new

Safety Advice for EID

I did read the pointers Sir. Jokes aside, given the pathetic nature of our emergency responders, first aid and the lack of blood and vitals in emergency departments, mass scale injuries, by the mechanism you mention, are serious indeed. I would bet more people will die from lack of proper care after the blast than directly from it.

Hence my summary.

If you've avoided an injury successfully ,you will need not to care about that injury.You'll increase your chances of survival.

If you've avoided an injury successfully ,you will need not to care about that injury.You'll increase your chances of survival.

For concussive injuries, you are correct. But for deep lacerations, puncture wounds and shrapnel injuries, hemostasis and immediate circulatory support would be crucial. And we dont have the resources to provide that care in such incidents.

For concussive injuries, you are correct. But deep laceration, puncture wounds and shrapnel injuries, hemostasis and immediate circulatory support would be crucial.

I restricted my post just for the precautions that an individual can take to be safe.As the topic demands.Emergency management is another field and so, is the response towards it.
You lie down and follow the technique as it's mentioned; you'll be able to avoid many of the above as well.
During this occasion ,religious gatherings can be a place where they can target as many as they want.And mostly it has individuals of all age groups.Also people are not that equipped when inside a mosque.So, i had to keep it simple and understandable.

Sure, you and sir @RescueRanger can add more to it.I'll be glad.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really do not understand why people are joking about this. @S.U.R.B, sir thank you for the excellent tips, great stuff! People have nothing to add apart for **** jokes and lecture that you are snafu anyway so why bother... God I hate this attitude! If you can't offer any concrete, constructive advice than stfu!

Just got this via email from a colleague, thought it would be useful for people celebrating eid in Pakistan:

As you are well aware that Eid-ul-Fitr, an important Islamic festival is likely to fall on either 9th or 10th Aug’2013.

Pakistan in general is under persistent security threats from various terrorist factions operating in Pakistan. Their nefarious designs and motives are to strike terror into the hearts of common people and create chaos and confusion before and during this important event. LEAs have already been instructed to be vigilant and alert during these holidays all across PK

In order to protect yourself and your families from any potential and unexpected terrorist attack, it is essential to please ensure avoid visiting following places with your family where the risk of terrorist attacks are high during Eid holidays esp. at Chand Raat (Moon sighting day) and other days as well :-

· For Eid Namaz(Prayers) :- Perform your Eid prayers if possible at Open Eid Gahs/Grounds. Avoid (if possible) going to prominent mosques/places where VIPs are likely to be present. Try to offer your prayers near to your residence. While offering Namaz (prayers), try to be in the middle of the congregation instead of at the end /flanks or in the front rows. If possible join early timing prayers (before 0730 hours).
· Any potential site(s) where there a history of disturbance/terrorist attacks
· Picnic Spots/recreation places.
· Crowded/congested areas.
· Children play grounds and parks.
· Avoid traffic jams and moving on deserted streets/bottle necks.
· Traffic and Local Police incl Anti-Terrorist squads and Rangers have been instructed to have a strict/close vigilance on suspicious people/activity and movement on private vehicles, so always keep your essential documents e.g. Car / CNIC etc with you to avoid any confrontation/unnecessary delay and embarrassment.
· Try if possible to be at home and keep a low profile during your holidays.
· Avoid visiting shrines/ mazars/mausoleums etc.
· Avoid visiting prominent Malls and shopping centres.

Stay safe and happy eid :)

just say dont go anywhere n sit home n get bored,why write such long post
smileys-smiley-with-sign-784150.gif
jk

I restricted my post just for the precautions that an individual can take to be safe.As the topic demands.Emergency management is another field and so, is the response towards it.
You lie down and follow the technique as it's mentioned; you'll be able to avoid many of the above as well.
During this occasion ,religious gatherings can be a place where they can target as many as they want.And mostly it has individuals of all age groups.Also people are not that equipped when inside a mosque.So, i had to keep it simple and understandable.

Sure, you and sir @RescueRanger can add more to it.I'll be glad.

Cheers!

Sir, when a blast occurs, you simply have NO time to follow what you advised. Bang and it is done.

Sir, when a blast occurs, you simply have NO time to follow what you advised. Bang and it is done.

I dont think its a good advice to lie down( in south asia) in event of an attack.. if blast did not kill you, stampede will

@RescueRanger,thank you sir,very nice post for civilians,especially,I want to emphasize further that please avoid to go outside in Chand raat,and even if do,try to return home till 9:00pm..as it is very dangerous,criminal activities are very much expected,especially afeer 11:00pm

@RescueRanger,thank you sir,very nice post for civilians,especially,I want to emphasize further that please avoid to go outside in Chand raat,and even if do,try to return home till 9:00pm..as it is very dangerous,criminal activities are very much expected,especially afeer 11:00pm

Thank you sir, the original email was sent by LT. Col Jalal.

My summary advice to stay home and avoid public places as much as is possible is correct.

Argus just add ketchup everything will become fine!

Back
Top Bottom