What's new

Sadequain - Remarkable Messenger of Pakistani Art

Great artist / painter but not a calligrapher. Calling him a calligrapher is great insult to people like Ibn Muqla, Mir Ali Tabrazi, Mir Emad and great Abdul Majeed Parveen Raqim.

525300_461128747300917_913619965_n.jpg

Syed Sadequain Ahmed Naqvi was born in 1930, descending from a family of calligraphers. In late 1940s he joined the Progressive Writers and Artists Movement. His true talent was discovered by Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy who brought Sadequain into the limelight He also spent some time in Paris augmenting his skills. Sadequain received much praise for his calligraphic style, which is widely considered iconic by many critics of South Asian art.

11705551_676226922478467_5092586324361704999_o.jpg

12705644_441129492743680_8536058766542832789_n.jpg

12301713_939838679429887_7298094877690364346_n.jpg

12342702_939838419429913_4228498632409193686_n.jpg

@ghazi52 , @Joe Shearer sir and guys don't take me wrong but I want to know why most famous artist depict women in naked form in their artwork?
Most famous artists do. Take Picasso for e.g. or a countless naked angels and maidens depicted by other European artists.. or the naked women in sculptures and paintings in India from the time of the Mauriyan empire to the Mughals.
The issue has to do with sexuality being a popular subject for artistry and people finding some sort of gratification and admiration of the human body.

A true legend.
Syed Sadequain Ahmed Naqvi, one of his nephews was my fathers high school era friend. He used to tell us that when Sadequain Died, he left behind loads of artwork that was quickly snatched by his immediate family members even before the funeral, and then sold off for millions of rupees during 1990s.
Vultures are always lurking and waiting for their food to die

The issue has to do with sexuality being a popular subject for artistry and people finding some sort of gratification and admiration of the human body.
Sorry i beg my difference on that.
The basic reason for the Nude in art is the fact that human beings are endlessly fascinated by the beauty and meaning that can be expressed visually only by the naked body. Sexuality may always be a part of this, but the artworks that have endured always include something more; an emotional connection, empathy.

Simply because being famous does not mean they did not have their perverse side.
The basic reason for the Nude in art is the fact that human beings are endlessly fascinated by the beauty and meaning that can be expressed visually only by the naked body. Sexuality may always be a part of this, but the artworks that have endured always include something more; an emotional connection, empathy.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/sadequai...-of-pakistani-art.390725/page-2#ixzz4Gfl5Z4Mi

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/sadequai...-of-pakistani-art.390725/page-2#ixzz4Gfl5Z4Mi
I can spend hours on philosophising my perverseness and sugar coasting it with fancy terms but the truth remains that this is a basic instinct and the artists have the means to express it.
Being a person of science, I would break it into basic elements (materialism) .

Last edited:
Simply because being famous does not mean they did not have their perverse side.

Frankly speaking, may be my mind is still not at that level to understand the great work done by great artists but I don't understand the message most of these paintings try to give.

I can spend hours on philosophising my perverseness and sugar coasting with fancy terms but the truth remains that this is basic instinct and the artists have the means to express it.
Being a person of science, I would break it into basic elements (materialism) .
Then i will not go further on that hence i am arts student and me too can spend hours to prove my point but still both of us entitled to have our difference of opinion. So no offence...Respect

Frankly speaking, may be my mind is still not at that level to understand the great work done by great artists but I don't understand the message most of these paintings try to give.
By painting nude / naked of male or female artists wants to show the inner self means artist wants to depict feeling or thinking of the character and nudism is just a symbol of that thing.

You can say in visual arts nudism used as symbol of inner self, freedom and deep message of feelings off course not sexual.

Then i will not go further on that hence i am arts student and me too can spend hours to prove my point but still both of us entitled to have our difference of opinion. So no offence...Respect
I didn't even think about the word offence..as these are opinions of two individuals and should be taken as such. The only way it can offend me if you try to impose upon me otherwise it is your right to express and you don't need any justification.

Back
Top Bottom