What's new

Sad shameful situation - student from India stalking white woman, why is this a pattern.

Bangladeshis take interview ? 🤣🤣🤣
Where ? At Google , Microsoft , world bank , Apple, Pepsi , ?
I have met only waiters and taxi drivers in America .

1. Who are the CEOs of Google and Microsoft ? :)

2. You seem to be a middle classee in hate of those below your socio-economic level. Typical Modi Bhakt.

3. World Bank ? That CIA front ?

Not to talk about four crore illegal bangladeshis living in india .

But you are not worried about the 6+ crore just street dogs in India in addition to the other dogs ?

Last edited:
I absolutely do. It's the connection between Indo-Aryan and today's languages belonging to the Prakrit group that I object to. The language evolved enormously, while people were writing about it in terms that made it a straightforward conversion, which it was not.

I'm no expert on languages, but I think it's kind of common sense that Prakrit would have influence of local substrate languages that were not Indo-European. The various 'tree of languages' commonly found in the web are too idealized and don't take this into account. Indo-European languages everywhere were influenced by local languages to varying degree.

I'm no expert on languages, but I think it's kind of common sense that Prakrit would have influence of local substrate languages that were not Indo-European. The 'tree of languages' commonly found only are too idealized and don't take this into account. Indo-European languages everywhere were influenced by local languages to varying degree.
When exactly this happened is obviously impossible to say. That it happened is clear from the loan words from (a) Dravidian languages; (b) Austric languages appearing within most languages that were descended from Prakrit.

As a curiousity, Dravidian languages - the main ones being Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Tulu and Telugu - also had a considerable number of loan words from the Indo-Aryan family of languages.

ওই নোংরা ব্যাপারটা নিয়ে আমিতো বিন্দুমাত্র আপত্তি করি নি।
I didn't have the slightest wish to defend that filthy act.

আমিতো উর্দুতে কথা বলাতে ঠাট্টা করছিলাম!:p:
I was just teasing you about using Urdu!

I could do far worse in Urdu and mix Bengali.... "Humko Bari Tum jaita hai ?" :-)

I do want to take up Chosht Lakhnavi Urdu Baat-Chit someday....

1. Who are the CEOs of Google and Microsoft ? :)

2. You seem to be a middle classee in hate of those below your socio-economic level. Typical Modi Bhakt.

3. World Bank ? That CIA front ?

But you are not worried about the 6+ crore just street dogs in India in addition to the other dogs ?
Communists are responsible for all problems of India and the west .

I could do far worse in Urdu and mix Bengali.... "Humko Bari Tum jaita hai ?" :-)

I do want to take up Chosht Lakhnavi Urdu Baat-Chit someday....
You can start whenever you want, but getting to their level of polish and finesse is a lifelong effort. Invest a few months and it will be a very good foundation. There are lots of people in Kolkata and in Lucknow who can be brought to come up and assist you, but the effort will have to be yours.

It is a beautiful way that they speak, quite inimitable. The rest of us can only listen in awe.

Yes, of course, but the languages spoken in Pakistan today are far removed from Proto-Indo-Iranian. They are descended from Indo-Aryan, that was not a Sintashta language, but was the language of the migrants into south Asia. Indo-Aryan, in turn, transmuted into Sauraseni Prakrit and Magadhi Prakrit. Neither of them has anything to do with Sintashta. Punjabi and Sindhi are both descended from Sauraseni Prakrit.

Your connecting the various variants and sub-variants of Punjabi, and Sindhi with the language spoken at Sintashta is typical of efforts at romanticising the extreme antiquity of a cultural artifact, in this case, language. Very strange to see this; it is a typical Hindutva technique.

I don't see the disagreement here. Most of Pakistan's languages and even pre-Islamic culture and spirituality are derived from the Sintashta culture.

Most of Pakistan's languages are derived from Proto-Indo-Aryan and Proto-Iranic. Both of which descend from a common mother- Proto-Indo-Iranic.

The Kalash people are probably remainments of the Sintashta derived Indo-Aryan culture.

Please don't display your ignorance any further. You are ignored.
Thank you lungi moshay, now go run your taxi or murgi musallam dhaba in New Jersey , dont comment upon highly respected highly educated and highest tax payer indian diaspora in America . Ask your government to take back 4 crore illegal bangladeshis living in jhuggis of all Indian cities .

Last edited:

On the evening of September 7, 2021, Officer Sutton responded to a call in reference to suspicious activity. Upon arrival, he met the caller who stated she was being followed by a friend ("Ramesh"). She explained that the suspect had a history of contacting her despite her requests to stop.

Earlier that day, she told Officer Sutton that the suspect had called her and admitted to following her all day using a GPS tracker he had placed on her vehicle. He had said he felt bad about it and wished to remove the tracker. He had asked her to meet him at a gas station. At that point, she had called 911.

While Officer Sutton searched the vehicle for the tracker, Officer Nguyen located the suspect at the gas station and placed him under arrest once the GPS tracker had been located. The suspect was charged with Unlawful Surveillance (Felony) and Stalking (misdemeanor). He spent a week in jail before being released on a $11,000 surety bond.

So if you have Felony on your record, bye bye Green Card and of course US citizenship - as far as I know.

I don't know how stupid some people can get.
I saw this few months ago, the cheek of the guy asking the coppers to let him go!

I don't see the disagreement here. Most of Pakistan's languages and even pre-Islamic culture and spirituality are derived from the Sintashta culture.

Most of Pakistan's languages are derived from Proto-Indo-Aryan and Proto-Iranic. Both of which descend from a common mother- Proto-Indo-Iranic.

The Kalash people are probably remainments of the Sintashta derived Indo-Aryan culture.
My objection is that you are stretching it too much.

Between the Sintashta culture and the Kalash, there is no known link.

Between today's Pakistan's languages and Proto-Indo-Aryan (Punjabi and Sindhi) and Proto-Iranian (Eastern Iranian => Pashto), there are dozens of transmutations and transitions; that also extends backwards to the original Proto-Indo-Iranian.

These are far-fetched extrapolations, to say the least. They also ignore completely the consequences of the Iranian Empire's hold on the Gandhara and Sindh provinces (two of them), the influence of the Bactrian Greeks, the influence of the Sakas (whose influence should not be ignored although they too probably were Eastern Iranian speaking), the Kushana, who were at an unknown distance from Sintashta, if we are to give any credit to the connection of the Kushana-Yueh Chi with the Tocharian Centum language, or the Huns, who had a horrific impact.

In spite of these repeated incursions, there were still some common threads leading to Sintashta, until the Arab conquest of Sindh, and until the Turkish conquest of parts of today's Afghanistan, that led in turn to a Turkish influence on south Asia. The last incursion was the irruption of various flavours of Mongol.

That was, in summary, not wrong, but not right either. If you are determined to push those links, knowing what is known about those, it is too little a matter to contest. Entirely up to you.

My objection is that you are stretching it too much.

Between the Sintashta culture and the Kalash, there is no known link.

Between today's Pakistan's languages and Proto-Indo-Aryan (Punjabi and Sindhi) and Proto-Iranian (Eastern Iranian => Pashto), there are dozens of transmutations and transitions; that also extends backwards to the original Proto-Indo-Iranian.

These are far-fetched extrapolations, to say the least. They also ignore completely the consequences of the Iranian Empire's hold on the Gandhara and Sindh provinces (two of them), the influence of the Bactrian Greeks, the influence of the Sakas (whose influence should not be ignored although they too probably were Eastern Iranian speaking), the Kushana, who were at an unknown distance from Sintashta, if we are to give any credit to the connection of the Kushana-Yueh Chi with the Tocharian Centum language, or the Huns, who had a horrific impact.

In spite of these repeated incursions, there were still some common threads leading to Sintashta, until the Arab conquest of Sindh, and until the Turkish conquest of parts of today's Afghanistan, that led in turn to a Turkish influence on south Asia. The last incursion was the irruption of various flavours of Mongol.

That was, in summary, not wrong, but not right either. If you are determined to push those links, knowing what is known about those, it is too little a matter to contest. Entirely up to you.

Pretty good summarization.

You can start whenever you want, but getting to their level of polish and finesse is a lifelong effort. Invest a few months and it will be a very good foundation. There are lots of people in Kolkata and in Lucknow who can be brought to come up and assist you, but the effort will have to be yours.

It is a beautiful way that they speak, quite inimitable. The rest of us can only listen in awe.

I got interested in Lakhnavi Urdu after visiting some of my long-separated friends and family members in Kolkata, who have interests in this. Some of them write Urdu Ghazal and poetry and had me go to a Kathak performance - pure visual delight. Vestiges of wonderful Mughal culture (including food) which is awe-inspiring.

Between this and my also visiting The Bangla Akademi in Kolkata, literary friends in Shanti Niketan, generally visiting Kolkata was an eye-opener of sorts.

And of course lunches at Floury's and Arsalan's and Tea in clay cups near Park Street.

What a cultural treat and wonderful thing it'd be when we can get to Kolkata from Dhaka in less than five hours by road. Probably sooner by high speed rail.

Sorry for the OT segway.

Last edited:
I saw this few months ago, the cheek of the guy asking the coppers to let him go!

We have an influx of people in the US from South Asia generally nowadays who don't come from good families and lack basic civility....

South Asia can send them here, but they lack "real" education (as opposed to barely passable coding skills and passing exams via cheating) and are ill-prepared for life in the West.

I got interested in Lakhnavi Urdu after visiting some of my long-separated friends and family members in Kolkata, who have interests in this. Some of them write Urdu Ghazal and poetry and had me go to a Kathak performance - pure visual delight. Vestiges of wonderful Mughal culture (including food) which is awe-inspiring.

Between this and my also visiting The Bangla Akademi in Kolkata, literary friends in Shanti Niketan, generally visiting Kolkata was an eye-opener of sorts.

And of course lunches at Floury's and Arsalan's and Tea in clay cups near Park Street.

What a cultural treat and wonderful thing it'd be when we can get to Kolkata from Dhaka in less than five hours by road. Probably sooner by high speed rail.

Sorry for the OT segway.
Tell me BEFORE you go to Kolkata next time.

Back
Top Bottom