What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

any update in this aircraft or project is abondondd??

f c 31 should have side weapon bays

IF the PAF signs on, it will optimize it for A2A and design will adjusted accordingly, including side bays. If we see side bays in the next prototype, it will be more indication the PAF is interested, as the PLANAF still wants to use the J-15 as their A2A fighter, and may reserve the J-31 as a strike platform.

IF the PAF signs on, it will optimize it for A2A and design will adjusted accordingly, including side bays. If we see side bays in the next prototype, it will be more indication the PAF is interested, as the PLANAF still wants to use the J-15 as their A2A fighter, and may reserve the J-31 as a strike platform.
yes , hope next prototype have side bays

mmexport1553959519068.jpg

Summary:

1. J-35 will have less than a 10% increase in weight upon navalization
2. J-35 will have ~8 tons of fuel
3. Might appear within 2 years
4. PLAAF might be interested in it as well, and its variant might appear sooner than the naval one

Side bays are necessary for PL-10s.

But most likely impossible due to limited size and internal volume and these constant mantra-like repeating of "I wish" are as unrealistic as these constant wishes by some fan-boys, the JF-17 should get a bigger wing with additional hardpoints, it should get a wider radome for a larger radar, a wider fuselage for a WS-10 or even WS-15 and finally just pluck&play a second engine ... :hitwall::crazy:

Even if wanted, this would be like trying to pull a hair out of my palm :blink:

20190402_085801.jpg

Last edited:
Summary:

1. J-35 will have less than a 10% increase in weight upon navalization
2. J-35 will have ~8 tons of fuel
3. Might appear within 2 years
4. PLAAF might be interested in it as well, and its variant might appear sooner than the naval one
It's SinoSoldier who posted such info at SDF under "J-XY next generation carrier-borne fighter", 2019-04-01:
SinoSoldier@SDF_Screenshot_20190402.png

So do you think why the OP's post was deleted?
You should ask "SinoSoldier", he's the one who posted such info at the english forum.

Actually I am more interested in why could you repost such info here without crediting any one? In particular the persona "SinoSoldier" also exists here in PDF but much less active over these last few years…

Last edited:
You should ask "SinoSoldier", he's the one who posted such info at the english forum.

Actually I am more interested in why could you repost such info here without crediting any one? In particular the persona "SinoSoldier" also exists here in PDF but much less active over these last few years…

But do you really think it was removed only because of SinoSoldier's repost?

Or due to being either a sensible post with secret content or due to being wrong, maybe a late April fool's day joke?

Back
Top Bottom