What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

FC-31 hasn't been chosen. It still up in the air. The J-15 isn't going anywhere. Just disregard SCMP for their military reports.

And PAF has not selected FC-31. By every indication, PAF has a wait and see approach on the FC-31.

And PAF has not selected FC-31. By every indication, PAF has a wait and see approach on the FC-31.
I want to know why PAF not interested to get them with duel engines it will be very help full for deep strikes in enemy sight with stealthy... :tsk:

Oh come on guys, can we leave of the PAF and their own issues in deciding or not deciding on this type especially since the Chinese side alone is complicated enough and for the Pakistani side there are already separate threads in the PAF-section.

IMO Pakistan's decision on or against this type is completely irrelevant to the PLAAF's or even more Naval Aviation's outcome.

Deino

forum(109).jpg

FC-31 hasn't been chosen. It still up in the air. The J-15 isn't going anywhere. Just disregard SCMP for their military reports.
SCMP has a well-publicized vendetta against the J-15 for some reason ...

I've heard that J-31 is not backed by the government, and is not intended for use by the PLAAF. Is this true? If so, wouldn't this jeopardise it's export potential wrt prices, export controls etc.? I don't really know how defence companies work in China (wikipedia says J-31 is made by the state-owned Shenyang Aircraft Corporation - while J-20 is made by Chengdu).

I've heard that J-31 is not backed by the government, and is not intended for use by the PLAAF. Is this true? If so, wouldn't this jeopardise it's export potential wrt prices, export controls etc.? I don't really know how defence companies work in China (wikipedia says J-31 is made by the state-owned Shenyang Aircraft Corporation - while J-20 is made by Chengdu).

... which is also state-owned.

During a press conference at Zhuhai airshow, SAC revealed that J-31 program was initiated and funded by SAC (corporate project) and not under a military project. SAC took the risk in developing the fighter because they thought there was a market for it domestically and for export.

J-20 on the other hand was a project initiated by the military. There wasn't any sort of public promotion of the J-20 unlike J-31.

They are all state owned but they run businesses in capitalism. So they could go bankrupt if they didn't work well and staff could really lose their jobs.

During a press conference at Zhuhai airshow, SAC revealed that J-31 program was initiated and funded by SAC (corporate project) and not under a military project. SAC took the risk in developing the fighter because they thought there was a market for it domestically and for export.

So what I heard is correct.

Do you think SAC is right and there will be a domestic market for it? I think this would reduce prices and encourage more exports. Seeing as it is a corporate project, they would have to sell the J-31 to any Chinese-friendly countries that want it in order for their risk to pay off.

Back
Top Bottom