What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

J-31/35 3rd Prototype
View attachment 701913

Ready for 2021? 😉
Though looks an excellent plateform for novice like me especially if it gets the rd93ma(commonality of engine with jf17b3)
With better weapons for internal bay, i.e modified BVRs with folded wings & small diameter bomb ...36-72 bought in small batches ..this will ensure PAF superiority beyond 2030 possibly till 2035

But PAF doesnt like it..may be they have their reasons
Two rd93 ma will provide 50% more thrust then rafale and more thrust then f35

PAF may even leverage liscene production of rd93ma

Azm if truely an indigenous project wont be in serial production till 2035-2040

So a true fighter for in between period..rather then for paying 3-5b for j10/f16(new ones)

The buying can be batch wise over 10 years dont need to be immediate

Pakistan will never get license production of RD-93. And even if it does in the unlikely case, the engine costs will go up significantly. Better to have an overhaul and repair facility instead.
Also, I don't think RD-93 is a good choice for an engine for a NGF. The only reason we have it for JF-17 is as it was the only choice for a low cost fighter. AZM's 5th gen fighter cant be one where we are pinching pennies or cutting corners (in the long run RD-93 might cost more than a western engine anyways). That is why I think we should really try for an option from Europe and EJ200 is a terrific engine if we can get it. I don't think the Chinese engines have the maturity either to have them be the powerplant for our top end fighter jet yet.

I really like the K-FX design
1611112441990.png

Looks much simpler/cheaper than internal bay 5th gen.

Back
Top Bottom