What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

There is no way you could know this information. Sorry if I sound harsh but all "predictions" up to this point are baseless speculations.

Maybe I know one of the people who involve in the project or maybe I have ghosts or maybe I know someone who was a part of this project and still has some links or maybe I am speculating...

Maybe I know one of the people who involve in the project or maybe I have ghosts or maybe I know someone who was a part of this project and still has some links or maybe I am speculating...

It's not about knowing him ........ It's more about what he wants you to know ...... Truth or some deception ....... ;)

It's not about knowing him ........ It's more about what he wants you to know ...... Truth or some deception ....... ;)
Ohh come on, you are stretching it.
A person will lose his credibility if he lies for a mere first flight or appearance which is no big deal or something highly critical or classified

Ohh come on, you are stretching it.
A person will lose his credibility if he lies for a mere first flight or appearance which is no big deal or something highly critical or classified

Just kidding bro ...... Don't take it seriously.

Just kidding bro ...... Don't take it seriously.

even CIA HQ is not safe when it comes to "highly classified". Information always travels from one to another. You can't protect the information. If for instance there will be no test in March it doesn't mean that whatever I said is wrong might be the information which I have received from someone who was or remain or maybe activity involves or maybe have some links somewhere might be got wrong information or maybe some of the issues cause the delay. We are humans, not GOD!

even CIA HQ is not safe when it comes to "highly classified". Information always travels from one to another. You can't protect the information. If for instance there will be no test in March it doesn't mean that whatever I said is wrong might be the information which I have received from someone who was or remain or maybe activity involves or maybe have some links somewhere might be got wrong information or maybe some of the issues cause the delay. We are humans, not GOD!

Bhai Tum to Dil par hi le Gaye. I know you are right dear.

Looks like the best option for us , lets see what the future holds .
even Pakistan can do changes what ever he want whit the collaboration of China & i think duel engine is not a big problem as we used F-5 before... :pakistan::china:

even Pakistan can do changes what ever he want whit the collaboration of China & i think duel engine is not a big problem as we used F-5 before... :pakistan::china:
I suspect the Chinese(and please understand I do not blame them at all) were unwilling to incorporate changes and more importantly let us produce the product locally. In any case it is a sign of a maturing industry that it stops taking piggy back rides and want to take their steps on their own.It can be argued that the PAC will still need a lot of supporting hands for it to walk but if we can do it it would be a huge leap for us. There is no comparison between a nation who buys a product and another nation who produces products.
A

I suspect the Chinese(and please understand I do not blame them at all) were unwilling to incorporate changes and more importantly let us produce the product locally. In any case it is a sign of a maturing industry that it stops taking piggy back rides and want to take their steps on their own.It can be argued that the PAC will still need a lot of supporting hands for it to walk but if we can do it it would be a huge leap for us. There is no comparison between a nation who buys a product and another nation who produces products.
A
why not we can convert it into join venture between China & Pakistan as we did it in JF-17 project...

why not we can convert it into join venture between China & Pakistan as we did it in JF-17 project...
That may well happen. There are however, a few things to consider.
The Chinese may not want to share next generation technologies acquired through sheer hard work just like that.
Even if they do the costs might be out of our reach.
Developing technology locally involves setting up newer skills set which mean more jobs locally.
Also there may be more independence in incorporating technologies from 3rd parties which the Chinese might object to for all the right reasons.
However I feel PAF has learnt a bit of ideological independence. Being a proud and confident nation they might want to establish their own mark on their next product. To be fair it is quite a high mark set by PAC for it to achieve. Recent progress especially on repairing the AWACS and possibly rejuvinating the AH1s suggest the PAC is getting closer to achieving its aims.
This remains my thinking. You can disagree with it.
A

The Chinese may not want to share next generation technologies acquired through sheer hard work just like that.
Developing technology locally involves setting up newer skills set which mean more jobs locally.
Also there may be more independence in incorporating technologies from 3rd parties which the Chinese might object to for all the right reasons.
However I feel PAF has learnt a bit of ideological independence. Being a proud and confident nation they might want to establish their own mark on their next product. To be fair it is quite a high mark set by PAC for it to achieve. Recent progress especially on repairing the AWACS and possibly rejuvinating the AH1s suggest the PAC is getting closer to achieving its aims.
A
You both are missing a point.
JV isn’t possible now, maybe if it was 2015/2016, then yes but Now ? No.

The new prototype will definitely be the final shape and the All-improved version. Time for development has gone so no more chances for JV. Furthermore, this is not CAC, this is SAC, SAC and PAC don't have much in common. The best they can do for us is providing License production, but ToT is questionable.

A way we can have JV is taking SAC on tables, FC-31 becomes the base for our next gen platform development and we design and develop a heavily modified FC-31 for PAF

A
You both are missing a point.
JV isn’t possible now, maybe if it was 2015/2016, then yes but Now ? No.

The new prototype will definitely be the final shape and the All-improved version. Time for development has gone so no more chances for JV. Furthermore, this is not CAC, this is SAC, SAC and PAC don't have much in common. The best they can do for us is providing License production, but ToT is questionable.

A way we can have JV is taking SAC on tables, FC-31 becomes the base for our next gen platform development and we design and develop a heavily modified FC-31 for PAF
IMO, you have missed some very important points:
1. Are the needs of PAF same as those of PLAN or PLAAF?
2. If JV in FC-31 or others, who leads the project? PLAN? PLAAF? PAF?

In short, which development pattern would PAF choose? Like JF-17, Eurofighter Typhoon, F-35, or F-16?

Last edited:

IMO, you have missed some very importan points:

In short, which development parttern would PAF choose? Like JF-17, Eurofigher Typhoon, F-35, or F-16?

PAF needs a heavyweight, long range and dual engine 5th gen. aircraft as per the req. stated by ex ACM.

Like F-35 PLAAF will too need a 5th gen. fighter which will form the backbone. There are chances a jet like that will come into PAF.

IMO, you have missed some very important points:

In short, which development pattern would PAF choose? Like JF-17, Eurofighter Typhoon, F-35, or F-16?
my Bro, I think in this whole scenario J-31 block 2 is the best option for PAF & it is a very capable fighter jet... :china::pakistan:

The Chinese are committed to the J20 as their prime 4th gen aircraft and they are ensuring that this is a successful project. at this time J20 is exclusive to China only. Whilst the J31 is a project for the export market and to the Chinese understanding that PAF will be it's first customer. However as usual, the PAF will want substantial modifications to the base model. PAF did it with the F6, A5, F7PG and the JFT. With the Rafale available across the border the PAF planners need to accelerate the Project AZM which could be the incorporation of J31 with western and TFX technologies.

Back
Top Bottom