What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

What I wanted to say is just that, what China lacks is not fund, but time.

Whether FC-31 gets orders from PLAN, it just depends on whether FC-31 can meet the needs of PLAN, or there is a better choice from CAC.

Besides, in China, no news is a good news.

PLAAF has got J-20, over 100 J-16, over 100 J-10C and 24 Su-35, but PLAN gets none of them. There are no more choices for PLAN.
Hi LKJ86 what choice do PLAN have beside j31 what’s your take on j20 will that fit on ACC
China is building as my understanding is still PLAN have sometime to get 001 fully operational so till that time you think j31 will be able to come up to the expectations Chinese naval wing
Thank you

OK.
Well currently that skin & what's behind it lies somewhere at the bottom of the Pacific - up for grabs.

...and its well documented in an old History Channel documentary on the Lockheed F-117 (Nighthawk).

Timestamp - 6:50

Hi LKJ86 what choice do PLAN have beside j31 what’s your take on j20 will that fit on ACC
China is building as my understanding is still PLAN have sometime to get 001 fully operational so till that time you think j31 will be able to come up to the expectations Chinese naval wing
Thank you
J20 is too heavy and large for current ACC of China ...

I never used the word 'Stealth'.

Seems everyone woke up from cryogenic (at the same time) & started replying back to a 2 day old post.

Current J-20 Model is not suited for A2G modes, the weapons bay is not deep enough to carry bombs. It probably could carry A2G Anti Radiation Missiles but so far all indication are on the A2A missiles only.

SAC has done great job on SU-27 / Su-30 Series, however to go from scratch design PAC/PAF is better off partnering with CAC ( J-10, J-20, FC-1 ) under their belt.

Rumor is that they ( CAC ) are working on a fighter for PLAAN, will it be available for export if selected by PLAAN si another question.

Current J-20 Model is not suited for A2G modes, the weapons bay is not deep enough to carry bombs. It probably could carry A2G Anti Radiation Missiles but so far all indication are on the A2A missiles only.

SAC has done great job on SU-27 / Su-30 Series, however to go from scratch design PAC/PAF is better off partnering with CAC ( J-10, J-20, FC-1 ) under their belt.

Rumor is that they ( CAC ) are working on a fighter for PLAAN, will it be available for export if selected by PLAAN si another question.
What bomb do u expect to hang inside J-20 main weapon bay? Tsar bomb? J-20 weapon bay is even bigger than F-22.

Beast, most likely 500lb / 1000lb, laser guided. So far PLAAF hasn't showed that J-20 can, yes I know there are things PLAAF keeps close to it chest and only shows when it's absolute necessary but can it do meaningful A2G ?

PS: Sharp Sword UAV be much better option for hunting S400 system then using J-20s.

Last edited:
J20 is too heavy and large for current ACC of China ...
Hi thx for your reply so with your answer there is definitely a j31 for PLAN in near coming years
As these can be around 3-4 years max once the second fully operational ACC for China is up & running if I may allow to say and a bright chance for PAF with the j31
Your intake please on the above
Thank you

Beast, most likely 500lb / 1000lb, laser guided. So far PLAAF hasn't showed that J-20 can, yes I know there are things PLAAF keeps close to it chest and only shows when it's absolute necessary but can it do meaningful A2G ?

PS: Sharp Sword UAV be much better option for hunting S400 system then using J-20s.
You just reply what u ask. I don't think I need to say more.

Hi thx for your reply so with your answer there is definitely a j31 for PLAN in near coming years
As these can be around 3-4 years max once the second fully operational ACC for China is up & running if I may allow to say and a bright chance for PAF with the j31
Your intake please on the above
Thank you

J31 is having some issues currently specially with respect to power to weight ratio ... for carrier operations a powerful engine is a must to adjust to short take off requirements so unkess j31 get this basic issue sorted out plan will not evaluate it further

J31 is having some issues currently specially with respect to power to weight ratio ... for carrier operations a powerful engine is a must to adjust to short take off requirements so unkess j31 get this basic issue sorted out plan will not evaluate it further
If FC-31 is chose by PLAN, it will use WS-13E, and then WS-19.

If FC-31 is chose by PLAN, it will use WS-13E, and then WS-19.
Yes but engine is the core of an aircraft specially for naval warfare ... they will not commit unless they r sure of engine reliablity which is currenrly not there

Back
Top Bottom