What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

I think so PAF might not be interested in it as PAF can develop it's own 5th Gen. But let's see if SU-35s are not coming then J-31 might be the answer.

According to current ACM, Pakistan will be looking into designing, building, testing and manufacturing it's Gen-5 Stealth Fighter from scratch. Which a very ambitious plan, but when one can clearly see China with its enormous wealth, struggle to design and manufacture durable, high performance jet engines for its fighter aircraft. Then what chance does Pakistan have in getting everything done from scratch? No disrespect intended, but this sort of ambition is vividly reminiscent of what the indians have tried to do with tejas. Unless of course if they plan to develop the stealth jet but incorporate the engine from China or Russia. If that's the case, then I think PAC would be able to successfully accomplish this.

I think we can only design it, but manufacturing all components not possible specifically the engine, we have no facility even producing a Mushaq engine. It's a very expensive than a long way for Pakistan atleast. Turkey who assembled and manufactured many parts of F16s is still not able to produce a close performance engine. Still struggling. Azm project has alot of Azm in it but not basis to complete it.

Really I thought we priduce it indigenous.

Mushaq have IO-360-AIB6 Textron Lycoming piston engines, the manufacturer of these engines is an American company based out of Williamsport, Pennsylvania.

Mushaq have IO-360-AIB6 Textron Lycoming piston engines, the manufacturer of these engines is an American company based out of Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
Thank you Sir I thought that it manufacture is Saab Sweden.

I think it's too crazy to design from scratch. few countries in this world are able to do this, because even you have money, you may not have the technology and talents, and even you have money, tech and talents and are able to design one, you may not have the advanced industry infrastructure to manufacture it.

Because China is huge, he always can collect enough money to pursue advanced technology, but still had been struggling for decades. From that, you can see how difficult it is.

According to current ACM, Pakistan will be looking into designing, building, testing and manufacturing it's Gen-5 Stealth Fighter from scratch. Which a very ambitious plan, but when one can clearly see China with its enormous wealth, struggle to design and manufacture durable, high performance jet engines for its fighter aircraft. Then what chance does Pakistan have in getting everything done from scratch? No disrespect intended, but this sort of ambition is vividly reminiscent of what the indians have tried to do with tejas. Unless of course if they plan to develop the stealth jet but incorporate the engine from China or Russia. If that's the case, then I think PAC would be able to successfully accomplish this.

Indeginous and from scratch are terms used loosely in Pakistan. I still think Project Azm will end up being FC-31 (More likely) or TFX (Less likely) with PAF flare,meaning modified and maybe having some Pakistani tech on it. They may take an airframe and add some turnish and chinese components,some local components, aand a russian engine and Call it a day. Or they will hire outside design bureaus like SAC, CAC, TAI, Sukhoi and Mikoyan on a consultant basis to help design and test various components along side Pakistani engineers but wholey owned by PAC. This includes airframe, electronics and engine.

Indeginous and from scratch are terms used loosely in Pakistan. I still think Project Azm will end up being FC-31 (More likely) or TFX (Less likely) with PAF flare,meaning modified and maybe having some Pakistani tech on it. They may take an airframe and add some turnish and chinese components,some local components, aand a russian engine and Call it a day. Or they will hire outside design bureaus like SAC, CAC, TAI, Sukhoi and Mikoyan on a consultant basis to help design and test various components along side Pakistani engineers but wholey owned by PAC. This includes airframe, electronics and engine.
IMO...it seems to be going that way (bold).

IMO...it seems to be going that way (bold).

Otherwise, no way. I know it's not pleasure to hear that, but it's the reality.

Actually, even for purchasing sub-systems to assemble, it is still not an easy job, let alone that you may not be able to get desired sub-systems with only money.

Money is important, but not everything.

TFX is something like Teja. Too many unknown, uncertainties.

Considering the friendship between China and Pak, probably J31 or J31 variant is the thing that one can count on.

If that’s the case then this plane won’t take off till 2030s with possible induction around mid to late 2030s. It also means that PAF has chosen the most risky and expensive route.

That is the time frame already given, with IOC production starting in about a decade. Following FOC, serial production probably will be in the mid 2030s.

Back
Top Bottom