What's new

SAC developing VTOL stealth fighter, called "Snowy Owl"

Against the popular belief that VTOL can takeoff from virtually any clearing I say that even Harrier cant take off from the clearings created in forests or any ordinary place; tons of sand & what not be sucked by engines surely will fail them prematurely!!

I am against VTOL

Against the popular belief that VTOL can takeoff from virtually any clearing I say that even Harrier cant take off from the clearings created in forests or any ordinary place; tons of sand & what not be sucked by engines surely will fail them prematurely!!

I am against VTOL

I agree but you gotta admit this is cool

The British turned cargo ships into disguised aircraft carriers during the Falkland war.
CONVEYOR-FALKLANDS_1982-1.jpg

mv_atlantic_conveyor_harrier.jpg

I am against VTOL
That was never the intention of a Harrier-like aircraft, which was to operate out of a minimally prepared air base, not out of the jungle or bare desert land.

SAC is developing J-16, but it's not a VTOL aircraft. It is going to be a "Super Flanker" similar to T-50 that is designed primarily for air to ground strikes. Its role will be similar to F-15E, but with more advanced sensors and reduced RCS.

Think of it as the Chinese equivilent of F-15SE.

SAC is developing J-16, but it's not a VTOL aircraft. It is going to be a "Super Flanker" similar to T-50 that is designed primarily for air to ground strikes. Its role will be similar to F-15E, but with more advanced sensors and reduced RCS.

Think of it as the Chinese equivilent of F-15SE.

The J-16 and the "Snowy Owl" are not the same plane.

POSSIBLE WIND-TUNNEL MODEL OF THE "SNOWY OWL". THE DESCRIPTIONS MATCH THOSE OF THE REPORT EXACTLY

tp40o.jpg

It's the angle, and the fact that the wing is angled downwards similar to the J-20. It's actually of a similar layout but they have lift fans and no LERX.

images

It's the angle, and the fact that the wing is angled downwards similar to the J-20. It's actually of a similar layout but they have lift fans and no LERX.

images

Ah, they removed the canards because they wouldn't risk radar reflection

Looks like somebody is learning something...:lol:

Nah I learned that a long time ago ... along with methods of recognizing a troll...

...and no, Gambit. I wasn't mentioning you...:police:

Nah I learned that a long time ago ... along with methods of recognizing a troll...

...and no, Gambit. I wasn't mentioning you...:police:
Suuuuurrrreeee you did...:rolleyes:...If you did, you would not have used the phrase 'radar reflection'. But I let you passed anyway.

Back
Top Bottom