What's new

Saab just unveiled its attempt to outdo the F-35

keep all in mind what you said why would we want to buy this aircraft anyway
I am not suggesting PAF to buy this at all but just as an option. Read my comments on this thread thoroughly and you will get what I want to say. JF-17 blk III and onwards are going to get better or at least equal in terms of technology and much better in non-technical aspects like price, politics etc.

But it is bad business move as it does not hurt them but Sweden itself. It is still not anywhere closer to EFT 2000 or Su-35s, the only attraction might be the price.

We can afford it.

Gripen C has had the most F-22 kills of any opponents during Red Flag according
to a Swedish Pilot participating.
He never lost a dogfight vs another US made fighter.
He personally did not fly vs F-22.

According to a Czech pilot, Gripen pilots will typically detect opponents way before they are detected ensuring
easier kills, and of course right now, Sweden is the only country with Meteor,
so both EF and Su-35 might suffer spontaneously disassembly.

The wide arc (much wider than EF and Su-35) of the Gripen E radar, allows
for Klingon cloaking technology.
You can manouver the plane so that the opposing radar stops registering its presence.

I have seen claims from the US, that Gripen E should achieve 1,6:1 kill ratio vs Su-35.
It achieved 4:0 when the Thai Air Force practiced vs Chinese J-11.

We can afford it.

According to a Czech pilot, Gripen pilots will typically detect opponents way before they are detected ensuring

You can manouver the plane so that the opposing radar stops registering its presence.

I have seen claims from the US, that Gripen E should achieve 1,6:1 kill ratio vs Su-35.

So many of your bulls and marketing. :rofl:

Thai pilot admit, they will get fried if the Chinese are sending the better J-11B. You are deliberating to hide the fact, the J-11 send are the basic version with analog calculation for BVR engagement. Want me to post the article from Thai counterparts report?

I don't buy that. External weapon stores and lack of angle shaping will significantly increase RCS. That will put you at massive disadvantage compare to F-35.

The tech from J31/J20 is going to trickle down to J10 and JF. So, PAF is in a good position.

I don't buy that. External weapon stores and lack of angle shaping will significantly increase RCS. That will put you at massive disadvantage compare to F-35.

Unless You can detect the F-35 using IRST.

SAAB is also working on integrating drone control, so given enough IRST equipped drones
registering the F-35 way ahead, the advantage will be nullified.

Drones will be stealth themselves so they will be hard to detect.
MS20 radar has significant improvements in detecting stealth.

Internal store capacity is limited, and turn around time between sorties is pretty long.
Gripen can be in the air again 10 minutes after landing.

So many of your bulls and marketing. :rofl:

Thai pilot admit, they will get fried if the Chinese are sending the better J-11B. You are deliberating to hide the fact, the J-11 send are the basic version with analog calculation for BVR engagement. Want me to post the article from Thai counterparts report?

You can start boasting once they have fried the Thai Air Force...
But maybe You should put the J-11B vs Gripen E, instead of Gripen C

Comparing it with any stealth aircraft is an idiotic thing and a bad marketing move since the people who make decisions know their stuff or atleast they consult before buying an aircraft. It can only
We can afford it.

It was light years ahead of F-22 :hitwall::hitwall::rofl:

Comparing it with any stealth aircraft is an idiotic thing and a bad marketing move since the people who make decisions know their stuff or atleast they consult before buying an aircraft. It can only be compared with 4.5 gen non-stealthy aircraft.

Comparing Gripen to F-35? Give me a break here Swedes! There is a limit one can stretch fantasies.

Only an idiot would claim China's 5th gen fighters are better than the Western ones, with the exception of the F-35, but that is up for debate.
no only an idiot would claim to know which plane is better before they are all operational with their respective air forces. Oh an idiot and someone with an ill defined sense of the west always leading the fighter race.
As far as the Gripen E is concerned the plane is not a system which would be any use to us. The Aesa radar maybe, but the rest is a mediocre jet dressed up with pretty ribbons. And at 85 million dollars a plane, it is far to steep for a 4.5 generation air plane.
All this radar used of other planes etc is useless in our setting, when the planes will be flying within spitting distance of each other...
A better investment would be HQ 9, much more a force multiplier then a plane with tilting Aesa, a child's toy in reality.

J31 look to be quite stealthy platform and Chinese have already tested their 5th gen gadgets on J11 later variants like J11b, J15/16 so their tech may safely be called matured. So Pak instead of going here and there should try to get J31 as soon as possible with capable engines and gadgets to counter Indian heavy fighter bombers.

On the other hand in order to compensate 5th gen fighter PAF should increase development phase of JF17 block III with next gen gadgetry.

Comparing Gripen to F-35? Give me a break here Swedes! There is a limit one can stretch fantasies.

Stealth is only useful, if You cannot detect the stealth plane by other means.
Once the position is known, it is not significantly better than a 4,5 generation plane.

Once the position is known, it is not significantly better than a 4,5 generation plane.

Sure but Gripen fares better than F-35 in this regard? You expect us to believe an aircraft with every store hanging out its skin has a detectability comparable to F-35? How so? If memory serves me right Gripen was worst performing contender in Swiss fighter replacement competition. Was it not?

no only an idiot would claim to know which plane is better before they are all operational with their respective air forces. Oh an idiot and someone with an ill defined sense of the west always leading the fighter race.

I am only judging from what we have so far, and judging by that anyone who claims China is leading the 5th gen race is lying or not paying attention.

As for saying the West is always leading the fighter race, it's a fair assumption on my part.

Another beating around the bush to avoid the main point. Save it, without the internal weapon bay and RCS reduction shaping. Your Gripen whatever A-Z version will never be as good as F-35. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom