What's new

SAAB ERIEYE Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could well be, the attack damaged the nose partially and did not destroy it completely. The important AESA Radar and all the major avionics and electronic warfare are still intact. Thus, we needed a solution a structural hauling for the plane.

Well I do think that we have sufficient expertise gained from overhauling , building and manufacturing several aircrafts that we can fix a damaged nose of an AWAC ... Cm'on more than 50 % of JFT is being made , not assembled at Kamra right now ...

Sorry folks but can't trust the liars (PAF) anymore, they have lost their trust. Only the fools can rely on them.

You are a little naive and lacking experience in life to to believe that governements, militaries, corporations, clerics and parent don't lie. Only some kids don't lie.

Probbly the dead terrorist blood splattered over the plane's tire , so they had to send the plane for plane wash in end they decided to replace the odd tire and burn it since the smell of the terrrosit was causing problems with Avionic's on board

You are a little naive and lacking experience in life to to believe that governements, militaries, corporations, clerics and parent don't lie. Only some kids don't lie.

Do you know how old I am. I am not interested in discussing my credentials. So chill out and enjoy some frog legs in Hong Kong.

Do you know how old I am. I am not interested in discussing my credentials. So chill out and enjoy some frog legs in Hong Kong.

Age has nothing to do with maturity and experience. Also the internet is age neutral. Every one is judged on what they post and not on who they are. BTW frog legs are not readily available in Hong Kong. Snakes and turtles are.

Its all a whole lot of B.S !!!

As i had said when this incident happened (read my orignal post regarding the kamra attack) the only thing that was recovered from the distroyed aircraft were the landing gears and the verticle stabilsers. every thing else was burnt to ashes.

PAF is taking us all on a ride and nothing more

So if we go by the official statements, then that means We have one aircraft completely destroyed, and one was partially damaged, which has been repaired.......so two of our assets were sabotaged :help: ? :astagh:

Talking about inhouse / domestic capabilities then as @Secur mentioned good number of JFT are being manufactured at Kamra base in the presence of Chineese engineers, JFT after 3-4 flights develops cracks, if we can manage that then, this could be possible as well.

However this doesnot mean that we should lower our guard.....we need to be Proactive rather Reactive

Last edited by a moderator:
Its all a whole lot of B.S !!!

As i had said when this incident happened (read my orignal post regarding the kamra attack) the only thing that was recovered from the distroyed aircraft were the landing gears and the verticle stabilsers. every thing else was burnt to ashes.

PAF is taking us all on a ride and nothing more

Perhaps the worst casualty of the Kamra attack is the credibility of the PAF, and the armed forces by extension. Assets can be replaced and repaired, but the damage to the reputation will take a long time to recover.

The purpose of discussion here is to sift through the B.S, and hopefully get some news.

Analyzing the limited data there is, one aircraft was destroyed. Contrary to your statement, the Landing gears or the vertical stabilizer were not recovered. Ashes to Ashes....Those parts are of no use from an aircraft lost to fire.

For the second and third aircraft (since we have only seen the fourth out till now), its safe to assume that some work is going on, or has been going on.

If we critically think about the nose radome damage theory, that is a bunch of B.S. Changing a nose radome is Child's play for PAF. That means, that the second and third aircraft would have some damage which does not allow PAF to show them in public.

Now lets look back. Three aircraft in a hanger, one burned down completely. Friends, that is a lot of heat in one hanger. If there is so much heat in a hanger, lets assume, like an oven, no wonder the other two aircraft are in hiding...

Whether or not the rumors of repairs on second and third aircraft are true, there must have been some major structural and electronic work on Saab done at Kamra. However, I highly doubt that Kamra has the capability to undertake work on airliner structures. Maybe they can repair the radar, KARF has been doing that for years...but repairing an airliner structure is awfully different from recovering mashaks and F-6s. I am sure there are experts around the world that have this capability, but Kamra is not an MRO for SAAB or regional jets of like and specifically heavy repairs is beyond their expertise.

What do you guys think?

Perhaps the worst casualty of the Kamra attack is the credibility of the PAF, and the armed forces by extension. Assets can be replaced and repaired, but the damage to the reputation will take a long time to recover.

The purpose of discussion here is to sift through the B.S, and hopefully get some news.

Analyzing the limited data there is, one aircraft was destroyed. Contrary to your statement, the Landing gears or the vertical stabilizer were not recovered. Ashes to Ashes....Those parts are of no use from an aircraft lost to fire.

For the second and third aircraft (since we have only seen the fourth out till now), its safe to assume that some work is going on, or has been going on.

If we critically think about the nose radome damage theory, that is a bunch of B.S. Changing a nose radome is Child's play for PAF. That means, that the second and third aircraft would have some damage which does not allow PAF to show them in public.

Now lets look back. Three aircraft in a hanger, one burned down completely. Friends, that is a lot of heat in one hanger. If there is so much heat in a hanger, lets assume, like an oven, no wonder the other two aircraft are in hiding...

Whether or not the rumors of repairs on second and third aircraft are true, there must have been some major structural and electronic work on Saab done at Kamra. However, I highly doubt that Kamra has the capability to undertake work on airliner structures. Maybe they can repair the radar, KARF has been doing that for years...but repairing an airliner structure is awfully different from recovering mashaks and F-6s. I am sure there are experts around the world that have this capability, but Kamra is not an MRO for SAAB or regional jets of life and specifically heavy repairs is beyond their expertise.

What do you guys think?

The PAF fitted the SAFIRE system onto the C-130's NOSE bulkhead in house..
The C-130 has a pressurized bulkhead much like an airliner..

just a thought.

:lol: What the hell does this mean??? using domestic resources?? R u serious???? if damage has been done to the planes exterior body or the internal wiring and avionics. These things can't be fixed by Pakistan. Only the designers of the product can fix. As an electrical engineer I can tell you that the avionics in the planes are extremely complex when it comes to wiring of embedded systems all over the plane.

You guys need to stop being idiots. Stop making rumours to make yourself feel proud. We have ICBMs but can't test. We have UAV but can't fly. Entire defence industry of Pakistanis based on rumours by internet warriors.

:lol: What the hell does this mean??? using domestic resources?? R u serious???? if damage has been done to the planes exterior body or the internal wiring and avionics. These things can't be fixed by Pakistan. Only the designers of the product can fix. As an electrical engineer I can tell you that the avionics in the planes are extremely complex when it comes to wiring of embedded systems all over the plane.

You guys need to stop being idiots. Stop making rumours to make yourself feel proud. We have ICBMs but can't test. We have UAV but can't fly. Entire defence industry of Pakistanis based on rumours by internet warriors.
interesting if they have repaired using domestic resources.
But how will they produce TRMM AESA modules,as they don't have home grown semiconductor facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom