What's new

SAAB-2000 family!

Myth_buster_1

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Total airborne surveillance solution launched

At a media briefing at Farnborough International Air Show, Saab officially launched its latest product family; a complete airborne surveillance solution based around the Saab 2000 airframe, focusing on increased affordability through platform commonality.

7/14/2008 | Saab is reaching for the future with a family of next generation airborne surveillance solutions, lead by the flagship the Saab 2000 ERIEYE AEW&C, which is being displayed on-site at Farnborough.

Matthew Smith, Director of Marketing at Saab Surveillance Systems, presented the new airborne surveillance solution consisting of four surveillance aircraft.

In addition to the Saab 2000 ERIEYE AEW&C, Saab offers the Saab 2000 Maritime Patrol Aircraft and Saab 2000 SIGSTAR (SIGnal Surveillance, Targeting, Acquisition, Reconnaissance System). The Saab 2000 long range MPA is designed to operate together with the Saab 2000 ERIEYE AEW&C, taking advantage of the new ERIEYE system’s enhanced maritime mode - which is capable of detecting small maritime targets at very long range. Tasked identification missions can be assigned to the MPA from the Saab 2000 ERIEYE AEW&C, or the Saab 2000 MPA can conduct completely independent patrol missions.

30fbd6a88b0be249f471196d98ab438b.jpg

344310a56bd3e604c9e82cfcd7ed361f.jpg

bb15c90ef4db5ddaae741490c4253a82.jpg

33a8c3e1ef26ae098422b19005989b98.jpg

f95870b67ec3290c11d3c88819b6cd12.jpg

and how much PN is paying for those P3 AEW?? other then its ability to fire couple of harpoons what impressive capabilities will it offer in PAk-indo future 2020 context??
PN needs to enhance Pakistan's net-centric warfare capabilities in Maritime roles other then running same old crap refurbished P3s and end up beating the poor thing to death for next 2-3 decades..
i think 5 Erieye 2 MAP and 2 Sigstar will ensure PN and PAF and even PA true 21st century net-centric warfare capabilities...

and how much PN is paying for those P3 AEW?? other then its ability to fire couple of harpoons what impressive capabilities will it offer in PAk-indo future 2020 context??
PN needs to enhance Pakistan's net-centric warfare capabilities in Maritime roles other then running same old crap refurbished P3s and end up beating the poor thing to death for next 2-3 decades..
i think 5 Erieye 2 MAP and 2 Sigstar will ensure PN and PAF and even PA true 21st century net-centric warfare capabilities...

23march - each P3C has the capability to carry upto 8 harpoons / aircraft. so dont underestimate the P3C.

23march - each P3C has the capability to carry upto 8 harpoons / aircraft. so dont underestimate the P3C.

I am totally not aganist refurbished P3C deal which will boost PN anti-ship/sub capability, but keeping the Erieye deal in mind the sweds have specifically designed their new systems Erieye, MAP, SIGSTAR to work in close-cooperation in long run they may even challenge IN future MAP acquisition possibly P-8..... plus the P3 AEW life span will be a decade short then newly introduced technology SAAB-2000 MAP..

I am totally not aganist refurbished P3C deal which will boost PN anti-ship/sub capability, but keeping the Erieye deal in mind the sweds have specifically designed their new systems Erieye, MAP, SIGSTAR to work in close-cooperation in long run they may even challenge IN future MAP acquisition possibly P-8..... plus the P3 AEW life span will be a decade short then newly introduced technology SAAB-2000 MAP..

the P3C's will remain in sevice until 2020 atleast. meanwhile depending on the military environment, i am sure the planners are looking at all the options including SAAB and the chinese offer.

So is it possible that with some modifications as always the case when Pakistan procure something, the SAAB 2000 MPA can too fire harpoon missile meaning it can to be used for anti ship/sub role along with maritime patrolling.

Salam, I think that you people remebered me i last posted in DEC-07 or in JAN-08 but i am back , i was unable to do coz i was ill.:sniper::pakistan::victory:
So i want 2 share that after the induction of SAAB-2000 in PAF, a few days later i saw it in the sky at 12:00PM flying like a jetliner but not at 800km/hr & almost 3 times in a week at NIght at about 2:00Am without any weapons trust me i live in N.NAZIMABAD KARACHi near hills of karachi near Masroor AFB its quiet good:flame:
Detection range is :
AIR:450+Km
GROUD:350+Km
ok
:pdf:

So i want 2 share that after the induction of SAAB-2000 in PAF, a few days later i saw it in the sky at 12:00PM flying like a jetliner but not at 800km/hr & almost 3 times in a week at NIght at about 2:00Am without any weapons trust me i live in N.NAZIMABAD KARACHi near hills of karachi near Masroor AFB its quiet

lol dude.. are you sure you were fully awake at 2 am :woot: because they are still in Sweden undergoing test phase with PAF personals..

First thing is that i am not lying ok i saw it if don't to trust it don't ok. I was saying that PAC and TAI should concentrate on developing an aircraft like AEW&C (balance beam & rotordome) and AEW/ELINT on there own or taking Y-8 as an aircraft rather working with chinese which they have commited in 06 and i think no progress but if there is something stop it at once. Bcoz after reading about Saab-2000 Family AEW&C,SIGSTAR & MAP they should go for it increase there orders for Saab-2000 AEW&C from 6-7 to about 12+ don't go for outdated E-2C with lastest upgrade they won't be very lethal, Saab-2000 MAP about 10+ MAP don't get remaining 6 P-3C and also sell 4 of P-3C and also Saab-2000 SIGSTAR about 6+ and take out all ECM/ELINT from 2-3 D/A-20's let them serve as an transport aircraft as it is doing for PM's and other GOV persons. SAAB-2000 FAMILY work to gather this is quite especial and they are quite economical in terms of two turbo-props which gives enormous efficiency.and integrate with weapons with the help of SWEDEN. coz this quite right that P-3C's won't be very lethal after few yers they would need upgrade in every 5 years coz U.S is not giving the right PACK to PN and also delaying which swedens don't do and they won't stop supplying parts of aircraft which is quite good . GO GO GO GO 444 SAAB-2000'S :chilli::victory::pakistan::cheers::taz:
:rofl::usflag::toast_sign:

Salam, I think that you people remebered me i last posted in DEC-07 or in JAN-08 but i am back , i was unable to do coz i was ill.:sniper::pakistan::victory:
So i want 2 share that after the induction of SAAB-2000 in PAF, a few days later i saw it in the sky at 12:00PM flying like a jetliner but not at 800km/hr & almost 3 times in a week at NIght at about 2:00Am without any weapons trust me i live in N.NAZIMABAD KARACHi near hills of karachi near Masroor AFB its quiet good:flame:Detection range is :
AIR:450+Km
GROUD:350+Km
ok
:pdf:

Dude,

I used to live there as well but never been able to figure out around 2 am in the morning where there is a total darkness. Well can anybody actualy figure out the type of aircraft at 2 am in the morning. hard to swallow.

So where exactly you live, d block, A block or or J block, I believe the nearest one is d block.:pakistan:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom