What's new

SAAB-2000 Erieye delivery flight to PAF at ATHENS - 27/05/2020

I doubt .. but fine.. congrats PAf
Pakistan brought back destroyed Saab 2k to life when its manufacturer had said NO! lets not be negative.

According to Usman Shabbir, plane spotters saw 11 Saab 2000s registered with the PAF, and by his estimation the PAF will ultimately have 9 Erieye AEW&C. Anyways, here's the news I promised by end of year everyone... :P
Pakistan should acquire as many existing air worthy Saab 2K and gradually build more AEW&C systems.

According to Usman Shabbir, plane spotters saw 11 Saab 2000s registered with the PAF, and by his estimation the PAF will ultimately have 9 Erieye AEW&C. Anyways, here's the news I promised by end of year everyone... :P
if they ever find pic of ser#049 let me know sir :lol:

Pakistan brought back destroyed Saab 2k to life when its manufacturer had said NO! lets not be negative.

Pakistan should acquire as many existing air worthy Saab 2K and gradually build more AEW&C systems.

Why? 9+4 Erieyes is more then enough. Ensures you have 3 in the air all the time. Anymore they will just overlap, and we need more fighters desperately.

bhai kuch khuda ka khauf karo AWACS ki airline bana rahy ho kya ?????????

so original order was 6 but then after 2005 earthquake we cut to 4 + 1 x VIP J-019 (which was a very bad idea btw)

in 2012 we had 3 damaged and 1 saved due it being in the air 10040

out of 3 damaged 2 repaired 1 write off (serial 10049) so we were left with only 3 units 10025, 10040 and 10045

2017 onwards we ordered 3 more units which made them 6 in total which matched the original order from 2006, aircraft serial J-038, J-024 and J-062

this SE-057 would make it the 7th Erieye with probably 1 more coming

so original order was 6 but then after 2005 earthquake we cut to 4 + 1 x VIP J-019 (which was a very bad idea btw)

in 2012 we had 3 damaged and 1 saved due it being in the air 10040

out of 3 damaged 2 repaired 1 write off (serial 10049) so we were left with only 3 units 10025, 10040 and 10045

2017 onwards we ordered 3 more units which made them 6 in total which matched the original order from 2006, aircraft serial J-038, J-024 and J-62

this SE-057 would make it the 7th Erieye with probably 1 more coming
you nailed it sir i have rise this question 1 billion times that 049 is dead but PAF fans here do not want to see reality

Why? 9+4 Erieyes is more then enough. Ensures you have 3 in the air all the time. Anymore they will just overlap, and we need more fighters desperately.

bhai kuch khuda ka khauf karo AWACS ki airline bana rahy ho kya ?????????
More airworth airframes means through PAF's lense that they can keep the sensor's in the air. If you have more airframes then replenishing them is easier with the experience PAF has in the rebuilding of it.

Secondly I reckon PAF will experiment by adding systems to the AEW&C system and so on. having extra frames for testing is a good thing!

Having few more airframes is not going to break the bank.

you nailed it sir i have rise this question 1 billion times that 049 is dead but PAF fans here do not want to see reality
Hazrat @Zarvan

the reason for Erieye order is simple

after 2012 attack we formed a rebuild and overhaul department at Kamra which can repair and rebuild the Erieyes for a very low cost, Saab even said the 2 damaged Erieyes cant be repaired

it goes without question that we would buy more since we have the infrastructure in place

8 Erieyes and 2 standard SAAB 2000s makes a neat little force. Split them into 2 squadrons. One in South and one in North, each one with 4 Erieyes plus one standard SAAB for pilot currency/training so to keep airframe hours and availability of the radar models strong. That easily enables each Sqd to keep at least one airplane in the air constantly. That gives you coverage of all of Pakistan

8 Erieyes and 2 standard SAAB 2000s makes a neat little force. Split them into 2 squadrons. One in South and one in North, each one with 4 Erieyes plus one standard SAAB for pilot currency/training so to keep airframe hours and availability of the radar models strong. That easily enables each Sqd to keep at least one airplane in the air constantly. That gives you coverage of all of Pakistan
we got shocked by the capabilities this system can offer after last year skirmishes
we were sure going to order the new ER system
this is true game changer
some undisclosed capabilities i can’t discuss but be sure that indians r very well covered even after rafale

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom