What's new

SA vs India

this test match is heading for a nail bitting finish, i will put my money on India right now as SA batting in 2nd innings would be difficult even if India gets a 100 runs lead. SA would require exceptional performance now from their Kallis and company etc.

SA not india if even it is india only for few days

What is your source mate?? As far as ICC is concerned India is still the No1 test side.

It does not matter where India stays. As per recent stastistics India have bitten Australia, South Africa, Pakistan, SriLanka, England, WI and NZ in their own back yards.

If India stays anywhere in top 3, I will be more than Happy.

Prayer wont do anything for Kaif. He missed his chances except few one day matches. He is an excellent fielder but unfortunately his competitors too.

I feel sad about Wasim Zafar. He is a better batsman. Unfortunately his competitor is Gambhir who is number one in ranking I think.

Among the candidates in middle order Raina is most talented and pleasure for eyes to see him batting. But he has the habit of getting over exited and gift his wicket. Virat did very well in last few oneday matches. Others need some time to get any comment.

What is Kaif, Wseem, Raina and Verat doing tonight? praying that Badri and Vijay repeat their performance in 2 innings.

Mohd. Kaif has a very ordinary domestic season this year. So no chance of him playing for India in coming years.

Wasim Jaffer is an opener. Both Viru and Gautam are doing great job. So no place for him. He has done nothing special to be called back.

Both Raina and Virat Kohli are young. But Virat Kohli must be picked ahead of Raina in test matches.

There are Rohit Sharma, Chteshwar Pujara (Pujara has made 3 tripple centuries is domestic tiurnament in recent past) as well.

The list is long one. Whoever got the change must grab it.

How many matches have M Vijay and Badrinath has played?? Bardrinath is now playing his second test match and M Vijay may be playing his 3rd/ 4th test match.

If selectors go by your way, India might not have Sachin Tendulkar today, as he has scored a duck in his first innings. You came to conclusion that Badrinath and M Vijay lacks quality in just 2 games. This is called typical Indian spectator.

Test match is not like T20 where you score 30 runs in 15 balls. It is about occupying the crease. Badrinath has a great domestic record compared to Raina that is why he is in the playing eleven.

Sachin showed good technique beside his duck so lets not compare a legend with new comers.

Lets compare these two with Kaif, Waseem or Raina.

My whole point has been that India shouldn't have gone with three new batsmen. If there were injuries then India might have been better off with trying one new player and calling back two experieneced players.

Sachin showed good technique beside his duck so lets not compare a legend with new comers.

Sachin is a legend now not in 1989 and let me tell you I am one of the biggest fan of Sachin Tendulkar. My point was he had scored a duck in his first test but selectors had pursued with him as they felt he has a great technique.

Same is the case with any new comer. They are performing well in domestic tournaments that is why they are picked in the squad. Unless you give chance to any new player at international stage, how can they prove him? M Vijay is just 20 years old. So he has lot of cricket to play and he can be groomed.

Mohd. Kaif and Wasim Jafer are in their thirties and are performing badly in domestic tournaments.

My whole point has been that India shouldn't have gone with three new batsmen. If there were injuries then India might have been better off with trying one new player and calling back two experienced players.

If the players with international experience are not able to score in domestic tournament why they should be picked in Indian squad? What is the guarantee that they will score against a top bowling attack. This will be unfair to the young and talented players who are scoring heavily in domestic tournaments.

^^ You don't get it bro!!

It's not the duck that matters, It's the manner they get out. And you recall, sachin had shown his class in his very first tour. Do you remember Sialkot and how he ruined the legendary Abdul Qadir. Also who can forget his fearless half centuries against the then best duos of Wasim and Waqar. No compaision here mate.

I can understand your support for Vijay and Badri. But coming from neutral perspective and having seen whatever little of the duo, I don't foresee their prolonged future in Test cricket. The manner they allowed themselves to be intimidated (in spite of being members of the no#1 team), shows it. Virat/ Raina: Courageous any time. Don't know how Pujara would have fared, but he too should have been evaluated for the future.

Sachin is a legend now not in 1989 and let me tell you I am one of the biggest fan of Sachin Tendulkar. My point was he had scored a duck in his first test but selectors had pursued with him as they felt he has a great technique.

Sachin might have got a duck, but he wasn't intimidated by the opposition.Vijay shows signs of talent, but he is intimidated too quickly. As is badrinath. If you can't hold your nerve, how can you play international cricket?

Many cricketers who have incredible domestic seasons fail in the international arena due to this. Failure under pressure. They can't take the pressure of playing for the country. Thats why I said Raina and Kohli would have been better. They have experience playing for the country, and have shown their ability to play under pressure.

Also, Badri is 29. He doesn't have much of a future. Raina and Kohli are young and need to be nurtured. And that is done by giving them matches. It will really prove if they are India's backbone after the great three (Dravid, Sachin and Laxman) retire.

Day 3, 1st Innings - Session 2
IND 548/6 in 132 Overs
IND leads by 252 run(s)
Current Run rate: 4.15Over(s) Remaining: 34

Bad light stopped play. Hope that doesn't happen again. It would be a real shame if the game becomes a draw due to bad light.

Well, we have two whole days left. Lets see if the bowlers can repeat their !st innings performance

ODI squad declared.

Srikant continues to fill in useless players from his home state.

Its R.Ashwin this time.

However I am glad for Abhishek Nayar and Yusuf Pathan.

Lets hope they prove themselves.

I have one question with regards to Ravindra Jadeja?

On what basis he is selected all the time? What class or caliber he has shown till date?

Reminds me of Dinesh Mongia. He used to be in the WC-2003 team for no reason whatsoever.

Ashwin new face in squad for SA ODIs: Rediff Sports

MS Dhoni (capt\wk), Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Virat Kohli, Dinesh Karthik, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Sudeep Tyagi, Praveen Kumar, Abhishek Nayar, Yusuf Pathan, Amit Mishra.

Yusuf Pathan recalled for ODIs against South Africa | Cricket News | India v South Africa 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

GB

ODI squad declared.

Srikant continues to fill in useless players from his home state.

Its R.Ashwin this time.

However I am glad for Abhishek Nayar and Yusuf Pathan.

Lets hope they prove themselves.

I have one question with regards to Ravindra Jadeja?

On what basis he is selected all the time? What class or caliber he has shown till date?

Reminds me of Dinesh Mongia. He used to be in the WC-2003 team for no reason whatsoever.

Ashwin new face in squad for SA ODIs: Rediff Sports

MS Dhoni (capt\wk), Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Virat Kohli, Dinesh Karthik, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Sudeep Tyagi, Praveen Kumar, Abhishek Nayar, Yusuf Pathan, Amit Mishra.

Yusuf Pathan recalled for ODIs against South Africa | Cricket News | India v South Africa 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

GB

Who is this R Ashwin? And I think Jadeja is picked because, BCCI does not want to rub over IPL fiasco. If he would not have been picked, our loud mouthed media would have made a mountain out of mole and said that He was dropped because of IPL issue.

I dont have much faith in Nair, I would loved to be proved wrong.

Rest of the squad looks good, each one got picked on talent solely.

So are indian fans sensing confirmed victory? Shouldnt be a problem, by the look of things you guys are almost there.....

I read in some news reports that South Africans dropped 7 cathces.....can anyone post a video of highlights if the dropped catches....

Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom