What's new

S&P's cuts India's rating from stable to negative

Moody's rating remain the same, I dont think their is much to be concerned about S&P, however it have long term implication's.

Outside the politics, Congress failure is push through retail FDI is a huge setback for the growth of India, the political parties should not compromise the growth of the nation for there hideous agendas.

this is actually a very sad news. ******* impotent politicians are slowing this country down. the lady in white sari barks we want izzat. sale ghasti doesnt know **** about economics and wants her state to forever be a farming economy.

one thing is for sure, if the next budget is not a reforming budget, congress is gone forever. tax, infra, pension, land etc all need to be reformed. its becoming impossible to make decisions in india.

Not at all a sad news...

Analysts have played out the downgrade and as a daily trader, i saw no major impacts on markets today. It dipped a little when news broke out and came back strongly.

Foreign investment is expected to continue ...

Until they cut the check, don't count on it. China isn't stupid.
Actually I can't think of any foreign investor that has made much money in India. It's just not a good market, just ask Vodafone.

forget Vodafone. I think in China, once a foreign investor or CEO enters the country, mostly Chinese of foreign citizenship, he is harassed and never allowed to leave China over pity issues.

Ah ! the chinese are having a party. Indian economy is like a flame to these moths ! It is just a rating down grade for heavens sake. S&P even downgraded US ratings

You know nothing about our market. Vodafone had problems with our taxationl laws. nothing else

Outside of tax issues, Vodafone has stated the Indian market is just not very profitable. Li Ka-Shing, of course,
sold very high to Vodafone. Name one foreign company that has minted money from India. Just one. Not counting Mr Li, he makes money everywhere.

Until they cut the check, don't count on it. China isn't stupid.

Actually I can't think of any foreign investor that has made much money in India. It's just not a good market, just ask Vodafone.

Then explain why foreign investors are queing up to invest in India especially in retail sector.

Outside of tax issues, Vodafone has stated the Indian market is just not very profitable. Li Ka-Shing, of course,
sold very high to Vodafone. Name one foreign company that has minted money from India. Just one. Not counting Mr Li, he makes money everywhere.

Please give a link to the above. As for MNC making money in India, here is a tip of the iceberg !

Top MNCs in India

The country has got many M. N. C.s operating here. Following are names of some of the most famous multinational companies, who have their headquarters of operational branches based in the nation:

IBM: IBM India Private Limited, a part of IBM has been operating from this country since the year 1992. This global company is known for invention and integration of software, hardware as well as services, which assist forward thinking institutions, enterprises and people, who build a smart planet. The net income of this company post completion of the financial year end of 2010 was $14.8 billion with a net profit margin of 14.9 %. With innovative technology and solutions, this company is making a constant progress in India. Present in more than 200 cities, this company is making constant progress in global markets to maintain its leading position.

Microsoft: A subsidiary, named as Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited, of the U. S. (United States) based Microsoft Corporation, one of the software giants has got their headquarter in New Delhi. Starting its operation in the country from 1990, this company has got the following business units:

* Microsoft Corporation India (Pvt.) Limited (Marketing Division)
* Microsoft Global Services India
* Microsoft Global Technical Support Centre
* Microsoft India Development Center
* Microsoft IT
* Microsoft Research India

The net income of Microsoft Corporation grew from $ 14, 569 million in 2009 to $ 18, 760 million in 2010. Working in close association with all the stakeholders including the Government of India, the company is committed towards the development of the Indian software as well as I. T. (Information Technology) industry.

Nokia Corporation: Nokia Corporation was started in the year 1865. Being one of the leading mobile companies in India, their stylish product range includes the following:

* Normal mobile handsets
* Smartphones
* Touch screen phones
* Dual sim phones
* Business phone

The net sales of the company increased by 4 % in the last financial year with sales of EUR 42.4 billion as compared to 2009's EUR 41 billion. Over the past few years, this company in India has been acquiring companies, which have got new and interesting competencies and technologies so as to enhance their ability of creating the mobile world. Besides new developments to fight against mineral conflicts, they are even to set up Bridge Centers in the country for supporting re-employment. Their first onsite for the installation of renewable power generation are already in place.

PepsiCo: PepsiCo. Inc. entered the Indian market with the name of PepsiCo India from the year 1989. Within a short time span of 20 years, this company has emerged as one of the fast growing as well as largest beverage and food manufacturer. As per the annual report of the company in the last business year, the net revenue of PepsiCo grew by 33 %. By the year 2020, this food manufacturing company intends to triple their portfolio of enjoyable and wholesome offerings. The expansion of their Good-For-You portfolio is believed to be assisting the company in attaining the competitive advantage of the growing packaged nutrition market in the world, which is presently valued at $ 500 billion.

Multinational Companies in India (MNC)

Vodafone nets profit first time in India - Economic Times

indian economy is nothing but a ponzi scheme based on debt.

not as you are saying in that extreme, but a few software firms and steel giants poping up the flag, without reach of the majority in the down.

that's not going to work in the long term.

what to do? I don't want to raise my old suggestion again. nobody are buying into it.

Not only that but back in 2006 Apple pulled the plug on basing their call centers in India. Thank goodness they did that because North American customers hate to speak to those call centers in India. Bad service, abnormal accent, failure to comprehend the problem, etc just to name a few problems with call centers in India.

Apple hangs up on India call center - CNET News

Not only that but back in 2006 Apple pulled the plug on basing their call centers in India. Thank goodness they did that because North American customers hate to speak to those call centers in India. Bad service, abnormal accent, failure to comprehend the problem, etc just to name a few problems with call centers in India.

Apple hangs up on India call center - CNET News

I used to fly Unite Airlines, there's some transfer issues and I had to call customer service, call picked by the call center in Central India, Glad I had no accent problem communication with them, but they still could not solve my situation, even call transferred hands by hands, from supervisor to manager,etc, it took many hours and I had to get a lodge new the airport.

the next day morning, when I tried again, It's the american service center, and my issue solved in 2 minutes.

I think it might be they give too less authority to outsourced call center, or those call centers just don't work efficiently.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom