What's new

S&P: India may become first BRIC nation to lose investment grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are just waiting to watch India fail and fall .They are celebrating just a bit too early i would say . i would suggest them to tone their celebrations down a little atleast for a couple of more years . India can pretty easily bounce back like after 1991 and more recently the 2008 financial crisis .

Thirdly, from the 15 largest economies (which are the only ones above USD 1 trillion mark), only China is growing faster than India. No other country, with a large enough economy (read USD 1 trillion plus) is outpacing India.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH U?? u r such a rude person.... why are u waking up the ignorant Chinese and pakistani posters here and spoiling their sweet dream of seeing a civil war in India and its fragmentation into a hundred small parts..... they believe that with 6% growth rate, India's rich have started begging, middle class have become home-less and the poor are already dead!!! let them live in this make-believe world of theirs!!!:P

what is there about Economics that you don't understand??? The Foreign reserve is the total money (in $) that we have.. while the external debt is the total money we owe! eg, USA owes China a few Trillion $. so is USA going to return it tomorrow? or next year? or in 2050??

it is you who know nothin'. what I am talking about is your short term loans which fall due shortly. us' short term dues are covered by issuance of another series of bonds and it attracts enough buyers to invest in them.

now that I have checked your IQ and knowledge, let me agree that Indian economy is passing through a difficult phase. we are GROWING at just a rate of 6% or so... (pakistani posters here, do u know the meaning of GROWING? ), while we want a growth rate of atleast 8%.

so growth rate is everything to a economy?

next thing about the Rupee devaluation- a MNC working in India is happy with that, because for paying a salary of SAY Rs 10000 at its branch in India, it is now paying LESSER Dollars! that means its spending less!!!

it all depends on which side your are looking at a devaluating rupee. the importers like auto, telecoms and all oil guzzlers are feeling great pains in a falling rupee!

huh, I don't know why I aim to teach economics to young ignorant kids who haven't even gone through class 8th economics book till now.... and Trolls, u may continue about India's poor being more than that of Africa. ... no point in arguing with u!

better leave your freakieconomics in mid air!

Times of India put the story on front page,

I just hope tomorrow India's Industrial Output figure could bring some better news.

Sure, having hopes is a sign of good health ....Good. :tup:

Honestly, I didn't expect to find you praising Times of India .. another :tup:

it all depends on which side your are looking at a devaluating rupee. the importers like auto, telecoms and all oil guzzlers are feeling great pains in a falling rupee!

.. only that there were some exporters like auto, this time:

Car exports rise 34% on non-European nation demand

Times of India put the story on front page,

Standard & Poor's warns India of a downgrade to junk category - The Times of India

Rupee hits 1-wk low on S&P rating warning - The Times of India

I just hope tomorrow India's Industrial Output figure could bring some better news.

Investors are already wary of investing in India, if their credit rating goes to junk, they won't have the ability to finance their massive fiscal and trade deficits.

As the Economist said, India has been "living on hype."

it is you who knows nothin'. what I am talking about is your short term loans which fall due shortly. us' short term dues are covered by issuance of another series of bonds and it attracts enough buyers to invest in it.

issuance of Bonds!!! huh! u seriously are ignorant... every Govt issues bonds against its loans, its like a promise of paying back.. every nation does that, and so does India! ONE LAST TIME- try to understand, if tomorrow, some Company wants to pull out, or some one wants his loan back, India has ENOUGH Forex reserve to repay it. Now, what else u want???

so growth rate is everything to a economy?
did I say that? what's wrong with your understanding? I said that a 6% growth rate in spite of all hoopla means that everything is NOT wrong! and btw, in my post I agreed that India is going through a rough patch. I think in ur hatred, u forgot to read that..

The importers are INDIAN!!! leave India to worry about them. ur worry is about S&P and the investors, isnt it? now, if u havent got a point, don't try to go off track (I'll repeat, rupee free-fall is of course not good for us, and unlike China, we don't maintain our currency's value artificially...)

better leave your freakieconomics in mid air!
u make an interesting student. stubborn, having flimsy ideas.. and yet interesting..

Investors are already wary of investing in India, if their credit rating goes to junk, they won't have the ability to finance their massive fiscal and trade deficits.

Yeah.. we've got too much of wheat these days ... a really irritating mountain, which we failing to store..

hungry? ... want some?...

I don't want to go off topic. go and read the latest issue of TIME. its cover story is on China's hype and the reality... why don't u guys do something about that??oh sorry, I forgot CD. u are paid for doing the job tarnishing India here on PDF....;)
(btw how much THEY pay u??)

i am afraid to say, but what u just said is true. :)
we r in a phucking problem and need a solution, time and patience, this crisis will bring some reforms which will help us over nxt 20 yrs.

Sure, having hopes is a sign of good health ....Good. :tup:

Honestly, I didn't expect to find you praising Times of India .. another :tup:

[/url]

you are not paying attention if you look at my posts carefully you'll find I am standing on a objective ground. Only your bias and defensiveness of seeing others talking about your problem render you ignore that people are not always whisper curses on your economy and etc. I am absolutely anti-US/West but I am not a Indian hater, in fact I has been an advocate proponent of regional partnership.

.. only that there were some exporters like auto, this time:

Car exports rise 34% on non-European nation demand

Exports of all categories of vehicles from India during May 2012 increased by 4.62% to 2,46,314 units from 2,35,429 units in the same month last year, SIAM said.

it is a drop in a bucket

the net increase is 10,885 units. assuming the net profit is 10% and each sold at an average of US$20,000 then the net expected benefit is US$ 22 million. and take 30% profit tax then the real inflow to the government is less than $7 mio.

Not small. SMALL-ER

Who is talking with you?
Or you can represent Mr. Shelly?

By the way, don't look down on those "smaller" countries, each of them has higher GDP per capita and personal income than India.

Indonesia and Turkey each has $700-800 billion GDP, 50% of India GDP witch is $1.4 billion .

Why India can't compare these countries while you always want to compare India with China witch is 4.5-5 times of you?

But having said that if the auto is exporting in usd terms, then it has to comply with the indian government's 'order' to short their on hand usd so as to buck up temporarily the plummeting rupees.

you are not paying attention if you look at my posts carefully you'll find I am standing on a objective ground. Only your bias and defensiveness of seeing others talking about your problem render you ignore that people are not always whisper curses on your economy and etc. I am absolutely anti-US/West but I am not a Indian hater, in fact I has been an advocate proponent of regional partnership.

ok, good.. and sorry, I was perhaps mistaken..

I share your views..

:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom