What's new

S.Korean warships sale to India

hmmmm.........in the past the SK did attempt to attain capability to make nuclear weapons, but stalled under American pressure.

I no way perceive fear of surgical strikes as the problem for SK.

Of course, at that point, will Japan be under US pressure, or not remains unclear, and how that impacts the decision

Japan goes nuclear or not, a nuclear Korean peninsular is not an option, either from North or South. And this is a situation disregarding American pressure.

Korea was caught in the conflict among China, Russia, and Japan as each sought to make it a colony. Other powers, like Britain,
France, and the United States also were involved. Korea, which was just emerging from its self-imposed isolation, faced the rival ambitions of these countries.
That's not how it happened. What happened was the "winner's curse".

Japan basically "surrendered" without a fight when the US fleet led by Commodore Perry who opened Japan by force in 1853. After signing the unequal treaty, Japanese learned of their limitations and began to modernize aggressive, eventually becoming an empire. Japan lost the battle, but won the war.

Korea on the other hand battled and repelled the French and American invasions in 1866 and 1871, which emboldened the Korean court into a false belief that they did not need to modernize and the delayed modernizatio eventually doomed the country. Korea won the battle, but lost the war.

Fast forward to 1997, Korea is financial bankrupt and asks for an IMF bailout. During this humiliating time, Koreans realized the shortcomings of their own system and began a financial reform during which the Korean financial and corporate structure departed the Japanese system and adopted the American and European systems, a change forced upon desperate Korean corporations by directors from Goldman Sachs the likes.These reforms of late 90s greatly boosted the competitiveness of Korea Corporations and turned them into world beaters that rule today. Korea lost the battle, but won the war.

Japan of 2012 never had a financial crisis since the boom time, and nothing changed accordingly. The Japanese government is drowning in a 220% debt, while Japanese corporations are bleeding tens of billions of dollars in losses each and are losing market shares everywhere, and the industrial titans of yesteryears are going bankrupt one by one. There is no hope of getting out of this vicious 20 year depression cycle and put Japan back on the path of a strong growth again. The situation is so desperate that leading Japanese economists wish Japan would default on foreign debt and be forced to go to IMF in order to force a reform, but that won't happen either. Japan won the battle, but lost the war.

So the lesson of story is that whoever wins today may come to regret that victory tomorrow. The key to success is not forgetting history in order to not repeat the mistakes of the past.

Shipyards are full with orders.
Two will be built in Korea, Six in India under the supervision of Korean engineers.

An American exit of SK, means South Korea will rapidly turn to nuclear weapons, and attempt to attain a strategic equilibrium against China, the same way, Pakistan has attained against India.
No nuke is needed, just more conventional force. More fighter jets, more warships, more training. Quality over Quantity.

no, that won't happen. in that situation, China notwithstanding, even Japan will conduct a surgical attack to end South Korea, or North Korea's nuclear dream. I am telling you with 100 pct guarantee.
Japan would not risk a war, they too would go nuclear.

Actually Japanese MoD did run a war scenario study on a hypothetical war against Korea, not over nukes but over the Liancourt Rocks, and the outcome was negative. Even if Japan takes the Liancourt Rocks, Koreans would take Tsushima; and there is no way of getting Tsushima back(Japan has no marines and no landing capability).

If US pulls out of Korea, i would imagine south korea will go nuclear. it makes most sense to me.
in fact, i think it is americas best interest to pull out and watch south korea go nuclear.

there is no surgical strike options for anybody.

And if south korea goes nuclear, i imagine japan will follow suit.

all of this really depends on whether China succeed in managing North Korea. Non proliferation issues are important for america, but would ordinary americans really want america to get sucked into a nuclear wwiii?

That's not how it happened. What happened was the "winner's curse".

Japan basically "surrendered" without a fight when the US fleet led by Commodore Perry who opened Japan by force in 1853. After signing the unequal treaty, Japanese learned of their limitations and began to modernize aggressive, eventually becoming an empire. Japan lost the battle, but won the war.

Korea on the other hand battled and repelled the French and American invasions in 1866 and 1871, which emboldened the Korean court into a false belief that they did not need to modernize and the delayed modernizatio eventually doomed the country. Korea won the battle, but lost the war.
.... bla blaa blaa..

please dont deny history ... face it like a man ....

@anonymusposter

it does'nt matter much to North Korea if South Korea goes nuclear ...
the day america withdraws military and political back ...
North Korea will invade to unify Korea under communist regime with full backing of China and partial backing of Russia//

please dont deny history
I am not denying anything, I am simply stating a fact.

Japan surrendered to the four-ship US Navy fleet without a fight in 1853.
Korea battled and repelled the US Marine Corp in 1873, doing the same thing to the French forces earlier.
As for China, European powers were already in a full colonialism mode in China before then.

So what happened was that Korea was the country able to repel the European invasion the longest of three, right up to 1870s. Likewise Korea stood during the Mongol and Manchu invasion, while China fell.

How was this possible? The following Japanese painting explains.

a0101120_496e15ad1aa17.jpg

201012081420565575_2.jpg

According to Japanese records, Korean warships were much larger and heavily armed than the Japanese warships of the 16th century.

a0053134_4dabb741815c8.jpg

Another Japanese painting of the 16th century. Once again Korean warships were massive and towering.

I am not denying anything, I am simply stating a fact.

Japan surrendered to the four-ship US Navy fleet without a fight in 1853.
Korea battled and repelled the US Marine Corp in 1873, doing the same thing to the French forces earlier.
As for China, European powers were already in a full colonialism mode in China before then.

So what happened was that Korea was the country able to repel the European invasion the longest of three, right up to 1870s. Likewise Korea stood during the Mongol and Manchu invasion, while China fell.

How was this possible? The following Japanese painting explains.

a0101120_496e15ad1aa17.jpg

201012081420565575_2.jpg

According to Japanese records, Korean warships were much larger and heavily armed than the Japanese warships of the 16th century.

a0053134_4dabb741815c8.jpg

Another Japanese painting of the 16th century. Once again Korean warships were massive and towering.

well right now USA is your biggest savior .. otherwise North Koreans and Chinese will ran over you in a day ...

well right now USA is your biggest savior .. otherwise North Koreans and Chinese will ran over you in a day ...

The ROK army is specifically designed to battle and defeat 1.5 million communist troops. No other western army, with the exception of the US, is designed for such a feat.

The ROK army is specifically designed to battle and defeat 1.5 million communist troops. No other western army, with the exception of the US, is designed for such a feat.

you will be living in fool's paradise ... believing this ... combined forces of North Korean and Chinese will overwhelm South Korean in matter of hours ... South Korea has no strategic depth ,,, case closed

i doubt north korea would attack a nuclear south.

there is a good reason why everybody wants nukes. its the same reason why pakistan, india, israel, britain, russia, france, and usa has them. and the same reason why north korea wants it too.

K man what ever argued is correct....You Won but no lolly for you....for derailing this thread..

i doubt north korea would attack a nuclear south.

there is a good reason why everybody wants nukes. its the same reason why pakistan, india, israel, britain, russia, france, and usa has them. and the same reason why north korea wants it too.

here check out this video dude ...see how crazy your fellow koreans are to the north

Inside North Korea - YouTube

why do you think the chinese would send soldiers to north korea? they arent dumb either. maybe they might send them some military supplies at best.

the chinese like stability. they dont war right next door for the same reason india wouldnt want to see a war in myanmar.

from korea's point of view, a korean indian alliance would be a great boon. korea has a frenemy relationship with China. China is koreas biggest trading partner and provide a big economic opportunity for growth. But at the same time, China is a military ally with North Korea and gives diplomatic shield to North Korea when they launch torpedo and artillery attacks against south korea.

India is also a growing economic power. moreover, india was an ally nationwho provided military support to south korea during the korean war.

in the future, korea may need a big friend in india. probably the reason why we see a lot of relationship growing between the two countries.

why do you think the chinese would send soldiers to north korea? they arent dumb either. maybe they might send them some military supplies at best.

the chinese like stability. they dont war right next door for the same reason india wouldnt want to see a war in myanmar.

from korea's point of view, a korean indian alliance would be a great boon. korea has a frenemy relationship with China. China is koreas biggest trading partner and provide a big economic opportunity for growth. But at the same time, China is a military ally with North Korea and gives diplomatic shield to North Korea when they launch torpedo and artillery attacks against south korea.

India is also a growing economic power. moreover, india was an ally nationwho provided military support to south korea during the korean war.

in the future, korea may need a big friend in india. probably the reason why we see a lot of relationship growing between the two countries.

Another Important POINT

This deal is Grateway for Korea India to start Military Relations.
Korea will be please with Brahmos and Indian Military Software.

Befriend Enemys Enemy

If US pulls out of Korea, i would imagine south korea will go nuclear. it makes most sense to me.
in fact, i think it is americas best interest to pull out and watch south korea go nuclear.

there is no surgical strike options for anybody.

And if south korea goes nuclear, i imagine japan will follow suit.

all of this really depends on whether China succeed in managing North Korea. Non proliferation issues are important for america, but would ordinary americans really want america to get sucked into a nuclear wwiii?

this guy "Korean" now has a nickname and wow your english's getting better. It's so easy to recognize your language.

Again let me repeat, Japan with 100 pct certainty will take a surgical strike against South Korean nuclear facility. You take my word.

Japan won't allow a nuclear Korea and this unpredictable nation who had so much hatred deep in blood against Japan and Japan won't take that risk.

this guy "Korean" now has a nickname and wow your english's getting better. It's so easy to recognize your language.

Again let me repeat, Japan with 100 pct certainty will take a surgical strike against South Korean nuclear facility. You take my word.

Japan won't allow a nuclear Korea and this unpredictable nation who had so much hatred deep in blood against Japan and Japan won't take that risk.

But why didn't Japan attack the nuclear facilities of N.Korea? N.Korea even hatred Japanese much more.

BTW: Both N.Korea and S.Korea cannot survive without big ally of each side (China and the US).

Back
Top Bottom