What's new

S.Korea offered to Indian navy KDX-2a class destroyers.

king of pop

BANNED
Reaction score
KDX-IIA is a proposed variant of
the KDX-II. It will be armed with
the advanced Aegis Combat System
and will have enhanced features of
KDX-II such as stealth. The ship has
also been offered to the Indian
Navy . http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chungmugong_Yi_Sun-shin-class_destroyer++++++++resemble with http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MdaqR7iI5pU/SvssmkYm-QI/AAAAAAAAAA4/33sllgvqGlk/s320/South+Korean+Navy.jpg

Could you provide any proof that this ship has been offered to India and that India is reviewing the possibility of procuring it? Not statements from you but an accredited article mentioning such an offer. How many times must you be told that India is NOT going to procure any foreign destroyers- we have been building our own destroyers since we got down to building the Delhi Class Destroyers. The first ship of the class (Delhi class destroyer) designed and built by Mazagon shipyard was commissioned in 1997.

The Aegis was offered with assistance from S.K.- but only the Aegis system itself- for fitment on board the P-17A class frigates. Indian Destroyers , both the Kolkata class which will be undergoing sea trials this year and the projected P-15B in the future, will use a combination of IAI EL/M-2248 MF-STAR Multi-mission radar and the Barak-8 + Barak missiles for air defense.

Could you provide any proof that this ship has been offered to India and that India is reviewing the possibility of procuring it? Not statements from you but an accredited article mentioning such an offer. How many times must you be told that India is NOT going to procure any foreign destroyers- we have been building our own destroyers since we got down to building the Delhi Class Destroyers. The first ship of the class (Delhi class destroyer) designed and built by Mazagon shipyard was commissioned in 1997.

The Aegis was offered with assistance from S.K.- but only the Aegis system itself- for fitment on board the P-17A class frigates. Indian Destroyers , both the Kolkata class which will be undergoing sea trials this year and the projected P-15B in the future, will use a combination of IAI EL/M-2248 MF-STAR Multi-mission radar and the Barak-8 + Barak missiles for air defense.

i know fyi http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...oject-15b-now-bengaluru-class-destroyers.html

??KDX is just put US Aegis and MK41 on , why not India directly purchase these from US?? KDX export must at permission of U.S.

??KDX is just put US Aegis and MK41 on , why not India directly purchase these from US?? KDX export must at permission of U.S.

Correct. Its an US system on an Korean ship.

And no, there havent been any plans to buy such systems.

Correct. Its an US system on an Korean ship.

And no, there havent been any plans to buy such systems.

Indian P15 project goes well, Israel system is OK for desdroyer, after change to Aegis system will be better in future

Don't worry we ain't gonna buy KDX from SK for the same reason u said above.

However, the were talks going on with Hyundai for providing Aegis for Indian Project 15B.:)

S Korea is small but has very advanced ship building capacity. Aegis destroyers are best of their class, no doubt. With a fleet of such destroyers India will be the King of the Indian Ocean.

S Korea is small but has very advanced ship building capacity. Aegis destroyers are best of their class, no doubt. With a fleet of such destroyers India will be the King of the Indian Ocean.

Without that also we will have the Barak-8 NG which have intercepted Brahmos on record.. ! So it is pretty much ok to deal with current situation !

Without that also we will have the Barak-8 NG which have intercepted Brahmos on record.. ! So it is pretty much ok to deal with current situation !

I never heard about it . You sure about that ??? Any links.
@king of pop : buddy stop spotting BUYING articles at least for IN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not needed.US offered Aegis for P-17A.but we declined it.though there is no denying that it is best system around,but India already built Barak system for us,which some people claims as good as SM-2.

I never heard about it . You sure about that ??? Any links.
@king of pop : buddy stop spotting BUYING articles at least for IN.

Yes it has intercepted it.. the flight profiles used for brahmos I am not sure but a quick google would reveal links ! Let me know if u still need !

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it has intercepted it.. the flight profiles used for brahmos I am not sure but a quick google would reveal links ! Let me know if u still need !

Yes please. I couldn't find any reliable material. Just claims. Would be glad if you post the link.

No need for this Destroyer at all when the IN is getting the potent P-15As and Bs.

Back
Top Bottom