What's new

S-400, Nuclear Subs, FGFA to be top agenda of Modi-Putin meet on Sunday

Strategic relations are based on defence ties not economic.

Even India & China have a huge economic relationship while Indo-Russian ties have always been based on defence ties with little economic component.

You quoted GMO and other trade deal, heck even climate deal so I gave you little insight about it.

Yeah make India the villain and then sign a deal where India would be forced to buy expensive stuff in the name of protecting the environment with zero ToT benefits to India.

You serious? am I making the villain? I am telling you a fact, India is worlds 3rd largest polluter, how come I make India villain by stating facts?

Inida already had the waiver and had signed deals with Russia without any liability clause. The liability clause was a requirement to protect Western companies.

So you mean to say the more options we have to buy reactors the expensive will be for us? I heard more competition makes the goods cheaper/better, you learned some different economics?

Yes. I do not know anything about them. All I know was that India has tooth and nail fought to oppose them for over a decade only to change the mind over night as soon as Modi came to power.

Lol, fought tooth and nail, where did you get this quote from? Direct P. Chidambaram or Kapil Sibbal?

Why you people want India to be a colony of Russia and not a major player in world? Why always want to lick the feet of others when in reality you can be a major player. Here is a list of top 15 countries investing in India:
1. USA
2. Japan
3. UK
4. Germany
5. UAE
6. France
7. Switzerland
8. Spain
9. Netherland
10. Singapore
11. Sweden
12. China
13. South Korea
14. Italy
15. Finland

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/hjff45lk/no-1-usa/#252b4b591816

where is you dear Russia in making India strong? all they are looking for is to exploit India if I go by your logic. Why that slave mentality is not going away?

Are you a kid who feel so insecure that if big daddy Russia leave others will beat you? What kind of attitude is that? Why not to keep good relations with everyone not just Russia? Why its India who has to bend on kness and Russia can sleep with our enemy right when we need them? From where did this deep slavery entered the mind of India who are notorious for being maverick, rebels and land of free thinker (not anymore after British colonization).

Its surprising how come Ashoka or Akbar or Chandragupta Maurya be born here when we have people who are literally pissing in pants, ready to be on knees just get blessings of big daddy Russia!!! No bilateral relation is one way street.

Show me a link.
Don't tell that statement from our foreign spoke persons. Its just a statement for formalities only. Just remember how Russians reacted in past in our tough times like kargil,Parliament attacks,Mumbai attacks etc.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/syria-praises-indias-stand-on-the-crisis-in-the-country-1219481
http://www.thehindu.com/news/intern...a-for-its-stand-on-ukraine/article5800989.ece

Here are the links and what exactly did you mean by statements? Since when do we started sending troops to show support to Russia or US? statements from Politicians are formalities not statement from Foreign ministry spokesperson, its official stand of India.

Even the recent hunt for single engined fighter itself is meant only to please uncle Sam in the form of f16s induction in IAF,despite of having a very capable fighter like rafale in market.

So strengthening IAF when its running at lowest numbers, almost ready to vanish off from the skies if we dont take urgent measure become pleasing of uncle sam? and where does it say they are looking for F16? Last I heard official stand of Indian govt. was not to buy F16 (strangely only a US fighter singled out) in Parliament.

Why dont we wait some 30-40 years so that we dont exactly please any uncle sam or Russia and let angels from sky defend us?

and dont even tell me about Rafale. Firstly its not a single engine therefore not eligible secondly too expensive and take years to negotiate.

Last edited:
You quoted GMO and other trade deal, heck even climate deal so I gave you little insight about it.

You serious? am I making the villain? I am telling you a fact, India is worlds 3rd largest polluter, how come I make India villain by stating facts?

So you mean to say the more options we have to buy reactors the expensive will be for us? I heard more competition makes the goods cheaper/better, you learned some different economics?

Lol, fought tooth and nail, where did you get this quote from? Direct P. Chidambaram or Kapil Sibbal?

Why you people want India to be a colony of Russia and not a major player in world? Why always want to lick the feet of others when in reality you can be a major player. Here is a list of top 15 countries investing in India:
1. USA
2. Japan
3. UK
4. Germany
5. UAE
6. France
7. Switzerland
8. Spain
9. Netherland
10. Singapore
11. Sweden
12. China
13. South Korea
14. Italy
15. Finland

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/hjff45lk/no-1-usa/#252b4b591816

where is you dear Russia in making India strong? all they are looking for is to exploit India if I go by your logic. Why that slave mentality is not going away?

Are you a kid who feel so insecure that if big daddy Russia leave others will beat you? What kind of attitude is that? Why not to keep good relations with everyone not just Russia? Why its India who has to bend on kness and Russia can sleep with our enemy right when we need them? From where did this deep slavery entered the mind of India who are notorious for being maverick, rebels and land of free thinker (not anymore after British colonization).

Its surprising how come Ashoka or Akbar or Chandragupta Maurya be born here when we have people who are literally pissing in pants, ready to be on knees just get blessings of big daddy Russia!!! No bilateral relation is one way street.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/syria-praises-indias-stand-on-the-crisis-in-the-country-1219481
http://www.thehindu.com/news/intern...a-for-its-stand-on-ukraine/article5800989.ece

Here are the links and what exactly did you mean by statements? Since when do we started sending troops to show support to Russia or US? statements from Politicians are formalities not statement from Foreign ministry spokesperson, its official stand of India.

So strengthening IAF when its running at lowest numbers, almost ready to vanish off from the skies if we dont take urgent measure become pleasing of uncle sam? and where does it say they are looking for F16? Last I heard official stand of Indian govt. was not to buy F16 (strangely only a US fighter singled out) in Parliament.

Why dont we wait some 30-40 years so that we dont exactly please any uncle sam or Russia and let angels from sky defend us?

and dont even tell me about Rafale. Firstly its not a single engine therefore not eligible secondly too expensive and take years to negotiate.
Iaf already selected Rafis as tger next fighting back bone. And I don't know what logic drives selecting an another fighter in the same category with zero commonality with rafale from radar to engine,weapons to sensors. Its an act show as how good dog we are in front of US,by ditching even the armed forces choice.

I believes even Pakistan in its peak time of obediences over US never been this much self pride less.

Iaf already selected Rafis as tger next fighting back bone. And I don't know what logic drives selecting an another fighter in the same category with zero commonality with rafale from radar to engine,weapons to sensors. Its an act show as how good dog we are in front of US,by ditching even the armed forces choice.

I believes even Pakistan in its peak time of obediences over US never been this much self pride less.

Obedience! Wow! Let me quote you a few instances where India show the door to US openly.

Syria Conflict: Despite best attempts of US, India is still providing food aid to Syrians and supporting Russian stance.
Crimea Conflict: Russian President traveled with Crimean leader to India on official visit and despite US repeated requests India welcomed both.
Sending troops against ISIS: Around an year back USA did all it can to convince India to send troops against ISIS and join the world coalition against it but they cant do $hit.
Buying F-16: The only fighter rejected by India and announced in Parliament more like a humiliation or vendetta.
Pak F-16 Buying: Indian minister on record calling it as unacceptable and a low in India US ties, making US to withdraw the subsidy. Not in diplomatic niceties but openly, in case you dont know power of US on India just check in past how many Foreign Ministers were changed cuz US dont like it.
WTO Farmer Subsidy deal (Bali Package): Our previous govt. thanks to congress agreed to sign the deal to cut the subsidy to Indian farmers, severely impacting the current poor financial status on them. This govt. (yeah the west leaning one) reversed the decision and become the only country standing against US against that WTO deal, infact so much that it was another low in relations, Obama backed down, came to Bali, addressed every single Indian concern and than only India let it pass. India made them concede every single demand (if you even know what Bali Package is).
Ford Foundation and Greenpeace ban: Well they are one of the most powerful organizations around the world. Helps US interests, one of them didnt let the Russian nuclear plant at Kadankulam to complete and the this US Obedient govt. banned US organization for Russian interests! Now you may think its just a small step but let me tell how big it is.
There are very few things in world that US President cant do without public speaking, they tried diplomatically, failed. Obama mentioned it in his speech, failed, US President mentioned it in a speech again, failed. I dont know how many times you have seen US President asking a non enemy state publicly twice and still not getting, says a lot about the power of these organizations and how much Indian govt. resisted.
LEMOA: LSA is a standard agreement US sign with every defence ally. The text is standard and twisted so much so that its more like US agreement and not bilateral but the LEMOA is the only agreement US signed where the text is different so much so that the diplomatic powerhouse of the word was sweating while negotiating terms. The only country for which they bent the rules and according to US own diplomatic sources there is no change they can get CISMOA or BECA signed under current text (accepted by almost every major power). So here again US conceded to India not the other way around.

There may be a few other instances which are not coming to my mind right now but I guess thats enough for your "Obedience" fart.

Now come out of your cheerleading and find me some facts, not rants and fluff how many times we gave them everything without getting anything in return. If only you have to is rant, keep ranting I am done wasting time on troll posts for today.

Obedience! Wow! Let me quote you a few instances where India show the door to US openly.

Syria Conflict: Despite best attempts of US, India is still providing food aid to Syrians and supporting Russian stance.
Crimea Conflict: Russian President traveled with Crimean leader to India on official visit and despite US repeated requests India welcomed both.
Sending troops against ISIS: Around an year back USA did all it can to convince India to send troops against ISIS and join the world coalition against it but they cant do $hit.
Buying F-16: The only fighter rejected by India and announced in Parliament more like a humiliation or vendetta.
Pak F-16 Buying: Indian minister on record calling it as unacceptable and a low in India US ties, making US to withdraw the subsidy. Not in diplomatic niceties but openly, in case you dont know power of US on India just check in past how many Foreign Ministers were changed cuz US dont like it.
WTO Farmer Subsidy deal (Bali Package): Our previous govt. thanks to congress agreed to sign the deal to cut the subsidy to Indian farmers, severely impacting the current poor financial status on them. This govt. (yeah the west leaning one) reversed the decision and become the only country standing against US against that WTO deal, infact so much that it was another low in relations, Obama backed down, came to Bali, addressed every single Indian concern and than only India let it pass. India made them concede every single demand (if you even know what Bali Package is).
Ford Foundation and Greenpeace ban: Well they are one of the most powerful organizations around the world. Helps US interests, one of them didnt let the Russian nuclear plant at Kadankulam to complete and the this US Obedient govt. banned US organization for Russian interests! Now you may think its just a small step but let me tell how big it is.
There are very few things in world that US President cant do without public speaking, they tried diplomatically, failed. Obama mentioned it in his speech, failed, US President mentioned it in a speech again, failed. I dont know how many times you have seen US President asking a non enemy state publicly twice and still not getting, says a lot about the power of these organizations and how much Indian govt. resisted.
LEMOA: LSA is a standard agreement US sign with every defence ally. The text is standard and twisted so much so that its more like US agreement and not bilateral but the LEMOA is the only agreement US signed where the text is different so much so that the diplomatic powerhouse of the word was sweating while negotiating terms. The only country for which they bent the rules and according to US own diplomatic sources there is no change they can get CISMOA or BECA signed under current text (accepted by almost every major power). So here again US conceded to India not the other way around.

There may be a few other instances which are not coming to my mind right now but I guess thats enough for your "Obedience" fart.

Now come out of your cheerleading and find me some facts, not rants and fluff how many times we gave them everything without getting anything in return. If only you have to is rant, keep ranting I am done wasting time on troll posts for today.

Well Antony even refused to speak to Condoleeza rice in the past..

Not to mention 123 deal, NSG waiver,MTCR membership, now pushing for NSG membership

But India has been returning the favor , USA has shown us .. Buying military stuff , even though we know the risk of sanctions.

Now both countries are wooing each other .. Getting friendly..

Well Antony even refused to speak to Condoleeza rice in the past..

Not to mention 123 deal, NSG waiver,MTCR membership, now pushing for NSG membership

But India has been returning the favor , USA has shown us .. Buying military stuff , even though we know the risk of sanctions.

Now both countries are wooing each other .. Getting friendly..

True that, thats what I was saying, its pure diplomacy but few cheerleading kids who got no idea about how things works feels like we are owned by US or Russia.

Its pure business. You help us we help you. Simple as that. You betray us you better be careful next time you approach us.

Hi

I also wondered why Kamov chopper is being bought when our LUH just got born..
I came to the conclusion like Abingdonboy says, total requirement 400 - 200 to LUH , 200 to Kamov.
Similarly I believe Lca and another LWF may be made. , even though I don't like, like the LUH case.
And the ghost LSA still exists in LWF , if you are looking for commonality..

With Parrikar, rest assured we will be getting maximum out of those deals.

Rafale also will made in significant numbers in medium category , otherwise there won't be need of private sector involvement..

I have less than 1% belief that F16 will be the winner, even in that case I could digest because TATA aerospace will benefit..

Who owns the responsibility for the Lca that we adore ?

We been looking for improved production rate, private sector build up..

When they they are highly efficient if private sector has been given go.. With orders , if mk1A already flew with AESA , I doubt even Rafale would have been clinched .

Let's accept our government machinery works slow... And no single can individual can overturn it..

Include the Devyani Incident where India "EXPELLED" US Diplaot in return !

Include the Devyani Incident where India "EXPELLED" US Diplaot in return !
That was before this "west leaning" govt. of some kids came at center so I excluded it.

There are many ups and down with almost every country but there are red lines when crossed require serious compensation.

I dont think when Indian Prime Minister is calling to isolate Pakistan on global stage goes well with Russia Pakistan exercise and this is not including the kind of sentiments country had that time. That was probably the worst move any country can make.

Now either Russia will compensate good for that or things will change. You had seen constant buttering of Russians from a week after the strike. Even Putin knows about damage and you will expect some nice words in coming days from him, though I doubt many deals will be signed. May be that helicopter one which is signed everytime Russia India meet (guess it require so many signatures).

If F-16V helps TATA to create its own set of suppliers in country, then its worth it. We desperately need a company which can complement HAL in rolling out fighters.

Back
Top Bottom