What's new

S-300PMU-2 command post spotted moving over worli sea face ?

sudhir007

Reaction score
S-300PMU-2 command post spotted moving over worli sea face ? idrw.org

I Found this old pictures in a non defence website . as soon as i saw the image i knew it was not some army convey moving ,it looked like s-300pmu-2 command post which are are part of the missile contingent of INS Trata based at the Mobile Missile Coastal Battery (MMCB) opposite the Godrej Bayview tower at the northern end of the Worli Seaface. India has bought six S-300 batteries in August 1995 for $1 billion, probably the S-300PMU-2 version, believed to consist of 48 missiles per system. These will most likely be used in the short-range ballistic-missile defence (BMD) role against Pakistan’s M-11 missiles. but never they have been spotted in indian media or defence websites , down below is the pictures of

S-300PMU-2 vehicles. From left to right: 64N6E2 detection radar, 54K6E2 command post and 5P85 TEL.

52332d1222176268t-army-motorcade-worli-sea-face-image_050.jpg

52334d1222176268t-army-motorcade-worli-sea-face-image_052.jpg

800px-S-300PMU2_complex.jpg

These are old images. This is not S-300 but mobile Styx missile launcher stationed at the Naval base, Mumbai. There was an image of a test launch as well! Styx will be replaced by the Brahmos shortly.

I am waiting for S-500..said to be having range of >500 km...
why dont we get involved in its development like BRAHMOS..??

These are old images. This is not S-300 but mobile Styx missile launcher stationed at the Naval base, Mumbai. There was an image of a test launch as well! Styx will be replaced by the Brahmos shortly.

yup! It is a 4K51 Rubezh (NATO-Code: SSC-3 Styx) soviet-built anti-ship-missile launcher for coastal defense!

Here is a romanian system for comparison:
Romanian_missile_launchers.jpg

I am waiting for S-500..said to be having range of >500 km...
why dont we get involved in its development like BRAHMOS..??

1) India has a focus on blue-water navy.

2) The S-500 is likely to be completed in 2 years...

3) No one gives away their best stuff.

4) India has no prior experience in building advanced SAM systems (S-300PMU2/PAC-3 and up).

Last edited:

Money makes the world go around. These are our allies for 60 years and i don't need to show you how best other things were, when they were offered
4) India has no prior experience in building advanced SAM systems (S-300PMU2/PAC-3 and up).
makes no sense to begin with. worthless point for worthless argument.

Money makes the world go around. These are our allies for 60 years and i don't need to show you how best other things were, when they were offered
makes no sense to begin with. worthless point for worthless argument.

Heard about their ABM system?

What does Canadia have in terms of inhouse developed missile defense systems?

Heard about their ABM system?

What does Canadia have in terms of inhouse developed missile defense systems?

Canadia doesn't need to indulge into such sophisticated systems. They just look to US for such equipment.

These canadians got there hands on almost all the american gear on offer. There loyalty and image of good neighbour with U.S gets rewarded by goodies from America. Plus they get to jump right in any action America digs it's grave in.

Yes. So what? :confused:

2) The S-500 is likely to be completed in 2 years...
If it is possible than also we can go for modified version of S-500.

No, Russia gives. Examples: PAK FA, GLONASS, Brahmos, Akula.

No. India has a better system under development than PAC-3, its named AAD. India destroyed a ballistic missile with ABM at an altitude of 75 km. Next test at 130 km above earth by June/July. India developed 600 km range AESA radar named LRTR, the LRTR-2 under development with 1500 km range.

Yes. So what? :confused:

If it is possible than also we can go for modified version of S-500.

No, Russia gives. Examples: PAK FA, GLONASS, Brahmos, Akula.

No. India has a better system under development than PAC-3, its named AAD. India destroyed a ballistic missile with ABM at an altitude of 75 km. Next test at 130 km above earth by June/July. India developed 600 km range AESA radar named LRTR, the LRTR-2 under development with 1500 km range.

1) Upgrades don't usually occur 5 years after induction. No one even knows when the S-500s will FOC. It's the best Russia's got, so in the next decade, there isn't much chance of Russia even selling these systems.

2) PAK FA is not a joint project. FGFA will be mechanically Russian, made by Russians, and sold to India. India has no technology, but fiscal share and limited access to GLONASS. The Kh-15 is far more superior than Brahmos. As for Akula, isn't Graney in production already? Moreover, renting 2 Akulas can hardly be called a joint project.

3) I don't think the purpose of PAC-3 and S-3/4/500 is to intercept incoming BMs, but planes and CMs. There's a fine line between SAM and ABM. AAD will benefit India in the limited area of SAM's ABM capabilities, but contribute very little to the main functions of ground-based SAM.

4) I think you just completely neglected Israeli participation in the LRTR, which was what initiated the project in the first place. Furthermore, the LRTR has little to do with the AAD.

Last edited:
1) Upgrades don't usually occur 5 years after induction. No one even knows when the S-500s will FOC. It's the best Russia's got, so in the next decade, there isn't much chance of Russia even selling these systems.

2) PAK FA is not a joint project. FGFA will be mechanically Russian, made by Russians, and sold to India. India has no technology, but fiscal share and limited access to GLONASS. The Kh-15 is far more superior than Brahmos. As for Akula, isn't Graney in production already? Moreover, renting 2 Akulas can hardly be called a joint project.

4) I don't think the purpose of PAC-3 and S-3/4/500 is to intercept incoming BMs, but planes and CMs. There's a fine line between SAM and ABM. AAD will benefit India in the limited area of SAM's ABM capabilities, but contribute very little to the main functions of ground-based SAM.

5) I think you just completely neglected Israeli participation in the LRTR, which was what initiated the project in the first place. And I don't think the LRTR has much to do with AAD.

1. In case of joint ventures , there is no question of selling..both will get the thing at same time..plus you seem to have a habit of taking india-russia relationship in a much lighter weight than it actually is...get the facts right..

2. You must be kidding ..right..? i guess not ..going by your other illuminating comments , this is expected....guess 11% higher IQ is talking here..
About Kh-15..its range is 300 km. , that of brahmos is 290 km.
its max speed of hitting target is Mach 5..that of brahmos upon launched by an aircraft should be at least 3.5M..decide yourself..

3. i wonder what is the main functions of ground-based SAM
that can not be fully covered by a variety of systems like BARAK-NG, AKASH and S-300 and coming S-500...

4. this is what happens when bashing overtakes everyother rational thinking..
LRTR is an indian project to develop a long range radar called SWORDFISH and is used in development of AAD...
i guess you would be knowing that every missile defence system needs a RADAR...do you..?

and yes either use bullets or, try to put correct numbers..just a suggestion..

What the Blue Water naval capability have anything to do with S-500?!! He was talking about Brahmos type JV with S-500 based SAM.

First you said that no one gives their best stuff but now running away with some silly arguments like PAK FA/FGFA is not a JV, limited access to GLONASS, Kh-15 is better than Brahmos, Akula-II is outdated blah blah blah....

Do you know how many countries allowed a JV (or 'sell' in your word) for a high tech 5th generation fighter? Do you know how many countries give access (may be 'limited' in your words) a system like GLONASS? Do you know how many countries allowed a JV like Brahmos? Do you know how many countries can lease an advanced SSN like Akula-II?

3) I don't think the purpose of PAC-3 and S-3/4/500 is to intercept incoming BMs, but planes and CMs. There's a fine line between SAM and ABM. AAD will benefit India in the limited area of SAM's ABM capabilities, but contribute very little to the main functions of ground-based SAM.
:rofl: han what about Akash? Denial is good but it have to be presented on logic and facts.

PAC-3 and S-3/4/500 doesn't mean for BMs?!!!! :P Go and learn more about PAC-3 and S-series!

"It defeats the entire threat: tactical ballistic missiles (TBMs), cruise missiles and aircraft."
PAC-3 Missile | Lockheed Martin

The S-300 system was developed to defend against aircraft and cruise missiles for the Soviet Air Defence Forces. Subsequent variations were developed to intercept ballistic missiles.
S-300 (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to Russian sources, the S-400 is capable of detecting and simultaneously engaging six targets[4] out to a range of 400 km (250 miles), including aircraft, cruise missiles, and ballistic missiles up to the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty limits of a range of 3,500 km and a speed of 4.8 km/s.
S-400 (SAM) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With a planned range of 600 km (373 mi), the S-500 will be able to detect and simultaneously engage up to 10 ballistic supersonic targets flying at a speed of 5 km/s.
S-500 missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4) I think you just completely neglected Israeli participation in the LRTR, which was what initiated the project in the first place. Furthermore, the LRTR has little to do with the AAD.

LRTR has very little to do with Israel not AAD. Dr. Saraswat has mentioned details about that in interviews.

LRTR is very much related to AAD because its the primary sensor for the integrated BMD system underdevelopment.

hey dude wen living in the 51 st state of the US(which has nothin indigenous in missiles) u shouldn exactly be talking abt India..or is it the 11% more IQ at work here..?

Back
Top Bottom