Rustom-H first flight in 11 months

Srinivas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Rustom-H first flight in 11 months

RUSTOM-H.jpg

With the Rustom-1 firmly in flight test towards proving itself as a tactical surveillance drone, the higher performance Rustom-H long-endurance surveillance platform is now close to being ready for a first flight. The Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE) that is developing the platform is looking at February 2014 time frame for a first flight from the Taneja Aerospace airstrip outside Bangalore.

The Rustom-H is to be built in two variants, a basic surveillance version and an armed strike version with capabilities comparable to the US MQ-1 Predator. According to reports, a prototype Rustom-H could begin ground testing and ground systems checks in August this year. The Rustom-H will sport an integrated C-band data link (2 wide ban and 1 narrow band) along with SATCOM. Its intended payloads include stabilised EO, SAR, MPR, long-range EO, ELINT and COMINT. In the strike role, it will be capable of deploying PGMs, including an intended modification of the HELINA anti-armour weapon into an extended-range strike weapon with a range of about 15 km.

Rustom-H first flight in 11 months | idrw.org

Is there any other image of this drone except this one?

I assume it is a mockup

Is it ? Doesn't look like

It is a full scale mock-up , buddy ..

Found this model of India's Rustom-H long endurance UAV today. A full-scale mock-up of the bird made its debut at the last Aero India, replaced this year with the Rustom-1. Does the model above show any changes from the 2009 mock-up? I haven't had the time to compare, so folks, do your thing. Will try and get more from the ADE people tomorrow. Been one draining day here at Yelahanka.

Livefist: AERO INDIA: India's MALE UAV Rustom-H

This is not a mockup...

This was used for flying testing which was destroyed during landing. Sad!!!

It took to skies in late 2009 and while returning(landing) it crashed....

Hope to see it flying soon...

:sniper:

This is not a mockup...

This was used for flying testing which was destroyed during landing. Sad!!!

It took to skies in late 2009 and while returning(landing) it crashed....

Hope to see it flying soon...

:sniper:
Not true, this is a mockup, the RUSTOM-H is yet to fly to date. It was the RUSTOM-I (MALE) that crashed.

Rustam's a funny name - they could have done better than that...

i have a close friend of mine in mumbai named Rustam . like this drone he is usually high :lol:

:lol:

Rustom reminds me of the 60's movies - though I wasn't born then - but caught a lot of it on DD.

That's a ****ed up name for a ucav or a uav.

@anyone
Why SATCOM-datalinks are use for UAV/UCAV For Communication between ground stations and UAV.Are there any other options for this.

Thanks in advance.

@anyone
Why SATCOM-datalinks are use for UAV/UCAV For Communication between ground stations and UAV.Are there any other options for this.

Thanks in advance.

Some Irani may tell you as they claim to have a long range (over 2000 km) datalink technology without satellite.

Rustom is a typically Parsi name. Then there is a phrase in hindi called chupe rustom. And since Rustom has to be secretive, aloof, isolated, stealthy, hence this name.

As to Its control via satellite: HowStuffWorks "How the Predator UAV Works"

:lol:

Rustom reminds me of the 60's movies - though I wasn't born then - but caught a lot of it on DD.

That's a ****ed up name for a ucav or a uav.

Rustam's a funny name - they could have done better than that...

The UAV is named after it's creator .

India’s new Drone aircraft (remote controlled unmanned aircraft) developed by DRDO and that will be used by India’s armed services, was named RUSTOM, to honor the memory of a Parsi Zarathushti, the late Prof. Rustom B. Damania, who led the team of engineers that developed the Light Canard Research Aircraft at the National Aeronautics Laboratory in India in the 1980s.

India’s New Drone plane named after Dr. Rustom Damania

Back
Top Bottom