What's new

Russian Naval Squadron Heads for Pakistan Following Joint Exercises

HRK

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Russian Naval Squadron Heads for Pakistan Following Joint Exercises | Defense | RIA Novosti

189105513.jpg

MOSCOW, April 8 (RIA Novosti) – A Russian Pacific Fleet squadron that took part in multilateral naval exercises earlier this month has entered the Indian Ocean and will visit Pakistan’s port city of Karachi, fleet spokesman Roman Martov told RIA Novosti on Tuesday.

“The Pacific Fleet vessels led by the Primorsky mixed-forces unit's deputy commander, Rear Admiral Vladimir Dmitriyev, have sailed through the Strait of Malacca and set a course for the Indian Ocean,” Martov said.

He specified that during their tour in the Indian Ocean the ships are planning to visit Pakistan’s port city of Karachi.

Russia’s large anti-submarine warship Marshal Shaposhnikov, tanker Irkut and service ship Alatau began their voyage in the Indian Ocean in mid-March. From March 29 to April 3 the Russian crews took part in the 2014 Komodo multilateral naval exercises, which focused on disaster relief and humanitarian assistance.

Ships from 17 countries took part in training for search and rescue operations, first aid measures and evacuation efforts from disaster areas.

Russian Naval Squadron Heads for Pakistan Following Joint Exercises | Defense | RIA Novosti

189105513.jpg

MOSCOW, April 8 (RIA Novosti) – A Russian Pacific Fleet squadron that took part in multilateral naval exercises earlier this month has entered the Indian Ocean and will visit Pakistan’s port city of Karachi, fleet spokesman Roman Martov told RIA Novosti on Tuesday.

“The Pacific Fleet vessels led by the Primorsky mixed-forces unit's deputy commander, Rear Admiral Vladimir Dmitriyev, have sailed through the Strait of Malacca and set a course for the Indian Ocean,” Martov said.

He specified that during their tour in the Indian Ocean the ships are planning to visit Pakistan’s port city of Karachi.

Russia’s large anti-submarine warship Marshal Shaposhnikov, tanker Irkut and service ship Alatau began their voyage in the Indian Ocean in mid-March. From March 29 to April 3 the Russian crews took part in the 2014 Komodo multilateral naval exercises, which focused on disaster relief and humanitarian assistance.

Ships from 17 countries took part in training for search and rescue operations, first aid measures and evacuation efforts from disaster areas.
Would appreciate pictures once the visit occurs.

Jee Aya Noon.I just wonder what will be response of Indian Members to this ?

Jee Aya Noon.I just wonder what will be response of Indian Members to this ?
Though joint Naval exercise is for the 1st time, Pakistan already has some military and civil cooperation with Russia.
It was leadership of USSR who invited Mr Liaqat Ali Khan but from the very beginning our military and civil leadership is lean toward US.

Past I am talking about current situation post cold war/post 9/11 .So this is interesting development.I mean last year we heard rumors that Putin i coming to Pak but at the last moment he dropped out so this is really interesting .Pak doing excercises with US/CHina/Russia Hmmmmm ,I think no one can deny Pak strategic importance as well as influence in muslim world

Past I am talking about current situation post cold war/post 9/11 .So this is interesting development.I mean last year we heard rumors that Putin i coming to Pak but at the last moment he dropped out so this is really interesting .Pak doing excercises with US/CHina/Russia Hmmmmm ,I think no one can deny Pak strategic importance as well as influence in muslim world

Yes.. Pakistan rulez ! :D

Rossiya taking an affirmative role in the world political scene. Welcome move.

India wont be bothered "much". On a knee jerk reaction they may feel why pakistan of all nations, but at the same time indians do have strong defence ties with other nations including US.

A balanced global melting pot is way batter than a skewed unipolar world.

The response would be same as yours when India and China conduct joint military excercises. :cheers:

U think we are possesive when you do excercise with China .We have evolved and move up the ladder ,grow up every country has his own objectives .Specially Chinese if they want to do excercise with India we dont have any problem .Like wise Russians want`s to do excercise Indians shouldnt have problem .

It says ships from 17 countries. Will DZKK participate???

thats outrageous, Russians involved in exercises with our arch enemy, luks like we will have to tighten their screws just as we did to the French earlier

Russian Naval Squadron Heads for Pakistan Following Joint Exercises

thats outrageous, Russians involved in exercises with our arch enemy, luks like we will have to tighten their screws just as we did to the French earlier

Kiya Baat hai Sir bara ghusa char gya hai it appears u treat Russia as your girlfriend tighten screws .Wow what a strategic partner

Kiya Baat hai Sir bara ghusa char gya hai it appears u treat Russia as your girlfriend tighten screws .Wow what a strategic partner
the thing is that, they are our strategic partners, one can either ally with us or with pakistan and not with the both.

Back
Top Bottom