What's new

Russian Frigate Built for India Completes Sea Trials

Generally, US Navy says that its subs can go deeper than 800ft which is around 243 mtr. There is a record of a non military sub going as deep as 10km into mariane trench.
I am sure an normal military sub don't go beyond 1km depth,but i have read some really awesome russian sub going deep as 1300m

You kidding ??? Russians are planning to achieve 450m with new Yasen class.

I would love to get more info on that non military sub. Can you link me to anything.
AFAIK not manned sub is reported to cross 500m of depth.

@Sergi: the russian sub was "komsomelets" which had excellent diving abilities and had a max cruise depth of 700mtr. It was considered better even than its US counterparts. So my guess would be, N0 usual submarine go lower than 1km.

Last edited by a moderator:
You kidding ??? Russians are planning to achieve 450m with new Yasen class.

I would love to get more info on that non military sub. Can you link me to anything.
AFAIK not manned sub is reported to cross 500m of depth.

Just google komsomelets bro. It had a hull of titanium. The name of the non military submarine is Bathyscape Trieste ,manned by two and funded by us navy,dived in excess of 10 km. I can't post a link bro, as i am from my cell phone.

Just google komsomelets bro. It had a hull of titanium. The name of the non military submarine is Bathyscape Trieste ,manned by two and funded by us navy,dived in excess of 10 km. I can't post a link bro, as i am from my cell phone.

Ok. Didn't knew about komsomelets. Thanks for that.

Will check Bathyscape.

You are welcome bro, do check on Bathyscape,its an interesting read!

This is a scientific research sub, and the other Komsomolets you named has already sank since 3 decades.

Submarines are made for marine warfare which hold many crews, who in turn have different jobs to do. these submarines are not practically fit to be below 1KM as you have written. Its because of pressure factor. the farther deep u go, the more pressure the sub creates. There is a FOA rule here, which has a constant of one bar (pressure) for every 10 meters depth. The more you dive deep, the more bar you add, which in turn puts the pressure on o2 inside the submarine that becomes noxious to breath.

In other words, its not practical to go beyond 600-800 M range.

Modern nuclear attack submarines like the American Seawolf class are estimated to have a test depth of 490 m
Hence your 1KM theory is untenable.
Read some technical books on how the submarines are built. And how much pressure they can withstand.

Just pointing out the Poor, Unprofessional and Amateurish journalism. Its not just 8 BrahMos missiles but 8 cell BrahMos VLS.

Let me refine your post further!

One of the salient features of BrahMos is its vertical launch configuration. This system augments the stealth capabilities of the ship as the missiles are not exposed and remain under the deck. In fact, the Universal Vertical Launcher (UVLM) being used in these ships is unique and it is designed, developed and patented by BrahMos Aerospace

This is a scientific research sub, and the other Komsomolets you named has already sank since 3 decades.

Submarines are made for marine warfare which hold many crews, who in turn have different jobs to do. these submarines are not practically fit to be below 1KM as you have written. Its because of pressure factor. the farther deep u go, the more pressure the sub creates. There is a FOA rule here, which has a constant of one bar (pressure) for every 10 meters depth. The more you dive deep, the more bar you add, which in turn puts the pressure on o2 inside the submarine that becomes noxious to breath.

In other words, its not practical to go beyond 600-800 M range.

Hence your 1KM theory is untenable.
Read some technical books on how the submarines are built. And how much pressure they can withstand.

He asked me whether does a submarine go 1km deep,and i clearly told him that a normal sub DO NOT go that deep,but special one's like komsomolets did go beyond 1 km. Please read my posts.

He asked me whether does a submarine go 1km deep,and i clearly told him that a normal sub DO NOT go that deep,but special one's like komsomolets did go beyond 1 km. Please read my posts.
hey mate i have heard that the IN is planning to field a force of 9 Krivak class frigates in the near future,is it true?i mean i can't find the link but i read it in the internet.now they are planning to give a follow on order of 3 more Krivak-IV class frigates,so can it be increased to 6 frigates?please shed some light in this matter.thanks in advance

Pics of INS Trikhand :enjoy:

27ss4.jpg

27ss3.jpg

418144_316542758398250_1911376973_n.jpg

27ss3.jpg

hey mate i have heard that the IN is planning to field a force of 9 Krivak class frigates in the near future,is it true?i mean i can't find the link but i read it in the internet.now they are planning to give a follow on order of 3 more Krivak-IV class frigates,so can it be increased to 6 frigates?please shed some light in this matter.thanks in advance

Yes, buddy thats true.

3+3 were Krivak III frigates.

next 3 will be Krivak IV frigates:

Indian Navy eyes expansion with three more Russian-made Krivak IV class frigates : North, News - India Today

So in few years (by 2022 or so), IN will have:

3 P-17 Frigates + 3 P-17A Frigates + 7 P-17B Frigates + 9 Talwar Class Frigates = 22 Frigates :)

Back
Top Bottom