What's new

Russian Air Force. Photos & Videos & Discussion

Allegedly one RuAF Su-57 from the last batch handed-over at the end of September as announced by UAC.

(с)Борис Семёнов via https://vk.com/nskspotting

IMG_0824.jpeg
IMG_0823.jpeg

Russia begins production of the first Su-75 Checkmate prototypes

As previously disclosed by UAC, the aircraft’s prototypes are expected to surface in 2024-2025, followed by a pilot batch in 2026. The serial deliveries of this new fighter aircraft are scheduled to commence between 2026 and 2027.

Not really..We know almost nothing about it..yet..
Am just getting ahead for the Russia cheerleaders here. Remember how they said Russian 'stealth' fighters will easily kill the Americans?

Not really..We know almost nothing about it..yet..

Yes, simply since it still not exist and most likely won't ever materialise - at best as a prototype - so then, why always posting BS videos with bombastic sounding headlines? :crazy: :hitwall:

Yes, simply since it still not exist and most likely won't ever materialise - at best as a prototype - so then, why always posting BS videos with bombastic sounding headlines? :crazy: :hitwall:

Why such a pessimistic view? And what are you basing your opinion on that it most likely won't materialize?

This is from Russian Aviation News.

The fifth-generation Checkmate light fighter, which Sukhoi is working on, is in preparation for the production of the first samples. The design documentation has already been transferred to the manufacturer, and the preparation of production has begun, the press service of the Rostec State Corporation said.

Based on the results of the presentation of
Checkmate at the Dubai Airshow 2021 and negotiations with potential buyers, the cost of the project and individual technical solutions were adjusted. Changes were made to the project based on the requests received, which made it possible to improve and adapt the aircraft to the requirements of potential customers, Rostec said.

That not only looks like they're going to start building a few prototypes (which they called "samples"), but also that it's quite likely that the UAE is the projected customer in some type of JV cooperation.

And I don't think there's anything "bombastic sounding" about @The SC 's post headlines, they are exactly the titles of the videos. I know there's some cooky stuff out there lol, but those two videos were actually pretty decent. The wing being so big wasn't really discussed much in the video despite being the whole title purpose, but the other info was solid. The wing being as it is, is because it's essentially the same one for the Su-57 which makes machining/tooling/production much easier as it's already proven to them to have the required stealth, lift and aerodynamic requirements.

Why such a pessimistic view? And what are you basing your opinion on that it most likely won't materialize?

This is from Russian Aviation News.

The fifth-generation Checkmate light fighter, which Sukhoi is working on, is in preparation for the production of the first samples. The design documentation has already been transferred to the manufacturer, and the preparation of production has begun, the press service of the Rostec State Corporation said.

Based on the results of the presentation of
Checkmate at the Dubai Airshow 2021 and negotiations with potential buyers, the cost of the project and individual technical solutions were adjusted. Changes were made to the project based on the requests received, which made it possible to improve and adapt the aircraft to the requirements of potential customers, Rostec said.

That not only looks like they're going to start building a few prototypes (which they called "samples"), but also that it's quite likely that the UAE is the projected customer in some type of JV cooperation.

And I don't think there's anything "bombastic sounding" about @The SC 's post headlines, they are exactly the titles of the videos. I know there's some cooky stuff out there lol, but those two videos were actually pretty decent. The wing being so big wasn't really discussed much in the video despite being the whole title purpose, but the other info was solid. The wing being as it is, is because it's essentially the same one for the Su-57 which makes machining/tooling/production much easier as it's already proven to them to have the required stealth, lift and aerodynamic requirements.

Since Russia's media is hyping such news since almost two decades and none of the promised two carrier battle groups, none of the numerous operational Su-57 regiments, no new stealth bomber, barely any useful UAV or evn UCAV, no new transport, anything on EW- or special mission types is in fact more a farce than a force.

I met Piotr Butowski 2019 at Zhuhai and he noted that he maybe will do one final book on Russia's military aviation complex, most likely to be called "the Russian Swansong" since it is exactly this.

Since Russia's media is hyping such news since almost two decades and none of the promised two carrier battle groups, none of the numerous operational Su-57 regiments, no new stealth bomber, barely any useful UAV or evn UCAV, no new transport, anything on EW- or special mission types is in fact more a farce than a force.

I met Piotr Butowski 2019 at Zhuhai and he noted that he maybe will do one final book on Russia's military aviation complex, most likely to be called "the Russian Swansong" since it is exactly this.

Ok that's all fine and dandy and I can sit here and argue with you on each one of your points until the cows come home but who needs that, right? Bottom line is its still news, it's happening, it should be showed and discussed, and people can decide for themselves.

I see the Checkmate as a good possibility, but it certainly has its hurdles, between budget and sanctions against those who would buy it, the latter being the more problematic IMO.

And as far as no official designated squadron or regiments of Su-57s yet, we do know they've rolled out 5 operational jets where media is guessing the count is somewhere between 4 & 15 and they're not going to Siberia. They're operating under an unknown regiment as of now. I see how hard you have to work just to get confirmed counts of J-20s and sightings and all that good stuff, the same thing is happening here.

For me, the biggest concern is not the slow pace because I actually did the math and compared the development - production timeline of both, the F-22 and the Su-57 and the latter is actually a year or so ahead of the time frame it took Lockheed Martin to start the Raptor's production, but the bigger concern is how will Russia be able to deal with the adversity of the imposed sanctions on it and other nations who buy from it. How it's going to deal with its best friend China that is blasting by it at supersonic developmental speed and in short time will be controlling the export market over Russia by a large margin. How will Russia cope with that immense challenge is really critical.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom