What's new

Russian Air Force. Photos & Videos & Discussion

There would be no problem to fit Irbis radar at Su-30 platform.

but the Bars radar can be modernized too, which is will increase its power and characteristics.
The Su-30SM get upgraded radar "Bars-R" with better characteristics caompare to the Bars at Su-30MKI. There is planned second stage in upgrading of "Bars-R" radar for our air force.

Thank you. My thinking was about the SU-30M2 because it is a derivative of the SU-30MK2 which is what Vietnam has and it has the same airframe, so if it fits into the SU-30M2 then it can fit into the SU-30MK2 as an upgrade, but I've read a few times that the very large power supply of the Irbis E could not be fitted into the SU-30, that's why I was wondering.

I know that there is an upgrade for the N-001 V radar of the SU-30MK2 called N-001 V POCO that increases the detection range from 150 km to 190 km, etc.

I feel the SU-30MK2 of Vietnam are going to need a radar upgrade soon if they are going to keep up with the chinese J-10B which has an AESA radar and on top of everything, the chinese will start to receive the SU-35 this year.

but I've read a few times that the very large power supply of the Irbis E could not be fitted into the SU-30, that's why I was wondering.

You are right about a huge power consumption of Irbis radar, but in the same time a new power transmitter can be installed at all types of the Su-27 family. So it's not a problem :-)

In my opinion, the best cost&effective solution for Vietnam would be upgrading of current Bars radars.

Also, according to some open published documents from subcontractor factory which is producing components for the Su-35: The Vietnamese air force will buy Su-35 too, but contract will be signed somewhere close to 2020. Maybe in 2018-2019

You are right about a huge power consumption of Irbis radar, but in the same time a new power transmitter can be installed at all types of the Su-27 family. So it's not a problem :-)

In my opinion, the best cost&effective solution for Vietnam would be upgrading of current Bars radars.

Also, according to some open published documents from subcontractor factory which is producing components for the Su-35: The Vietnamese air force will buy Su-35 too, but contract will be signed somewhere close to 2020. Maybe in 2018-2019

That's very interesting to hear about the SU-35, all the rumors right now are about buying the SU-30SM. I guess it will be both of them. :tup::tup::tup:

I imagine that once the development is finished, the AESA radar of the T-50 would also be a nice choice to upgrade in the future.

Yes, the BARS of the SU-30SM is probably the most realistic radar upgrade right now. That would be a nice improvement.

Did you hear anything about how many SU-35s is Vietnam planning to buy?

Two new Su-30SM,Millerovo
0_a428f_7810555a_orig.jpg

0_a4290_c594a543_orig.jpg

0_a4291_1a888ad5_orig.jpg

0_a4292_92c888f6_orig.jpg

0_a4293_4734e4d4_orig.jpg

0_a4294_4663ceeb_orig.jpg

What does the Su-35 cost relative to the Su-30? Is it a big difference?

What does the Su-35 cost relative to the Su-30? Is it a big difference?

Su-35 cost 83mln$ per one fighter. The price for Su-30 can be different and depend on many factors.

This is price only for fighter jets, without weapons.

Su-35 cost 83mln$ per one fighter. The price for Su-30 can be different and depend on many factors.

Well the Su-30MKI and MKM, the more advanced versions cost about $50 million.

Iran is buying (maybe asking or manufacture of) the Su-30, probably an advanced version similar to the MKM. Do you think this is a good investment, over the Su-35? With the price of 10 Su-35 you could buy 16 Su-30.

The SU-30sm may be cheaper since if I'm rite use all Russians hardware vs the MKM which is use French avionics.

what about the Mig-35 and the M2 price ?

Back
Top Bottom