What's new

Russia warns Turkey over Hagia Sophia move

Christian worship a man
Jews worship one god alone

So which ones closer

Clever Ruskiy, they won't let this matter be forgetten and abandoned.

This issue is a synthetic one, only raised recently to change the topic in Turkey, which was about the economy.

Then it was dropped from all mainstream media as it served it's purpose and now we're talking about social media etc.

But Russia, not pleased with the Turkish government at the moment decided this was a good pressure point to poke.

Now Turkey either has to turn it into a church and alienate Europe even more thus directly playing into the hands of Greece, France and Russia - OR drop the matter entirely (as was the plan), but now it looks like we did as Russia told us.

Not gonna lie, good move by Russia and idiotic topic to bring up by the ruling party, AKP, in Turkey.

Let's see what happens now.

The issue of Akp's political objectives is another debate for me that I don't want to be involved in...

But we need to know that, the legal struggle is much older than the Akp. Even the opinion leader of this struggle is not related with Akp , He was former deputy chairman of another party. It was not even an issue for the AKP electorate until Erdogan spoke about it.

Let's wait for the decision of the judiciary and the reaction of the ruling party, then we can say something more accurate on the subject.

Sometimes the peace loving nature needs to be thrown out as it's done more damage to Muslims in the long run than good.

Let's be honest only weak Muslim nations are in Levant/North Africa region because of colonization, tribal disputes, backwards governance and many other factors.

Turkey, on other hand like Pakistan are both powerful nations and this Hagia Sophia matter is not one of peace or war. So I don't get what you're trying to say, it should not be converted to mosque for political bragging rights or political purposes. Now I know Turkey is hated by Greeks , Russians and so on but they are not alone if anything were to happen to them. As for this church or musuem it should be left as it is in my opinion.

The responses on this thread show people that we Muslims don't know what we are doing nor do we abide by fixed ideology/aqeedah. And thus it's no wonder people don't trust us. They don't know what to expect with us. This behavior has to change. We need to be better mannered and better intentioned.

There are many problems we can focus on in Muslim world and solve before looking at this Hagia Sophia. It's not sign of weakness at all, actually confidence and manners is sign of strength. We should have good manners as Muslims and respect people of no faith or all Faith's. Only thing is we don't allow them to affect our lifestyle or introduce norms in our countries which will go against Islam. But we don't need to hate anyone or try this 'lets show them' arrogant attitude.

I don't care much whether it stays as a museum or turns into a mosque, but this interference from the outside surely annoys me and the burn that they feel truly enjoys me :D .

Either way Ayasofya is our historical trophy and it will always remain that way, so they can keep burning.

7957db3010ed748a59fee917352739db.jpg
resized_beb01-fad6499cfoto1.jpg
59168855eb10bb29cc3f08ac.jpg

Turks in return could ask Russia allows construction of more of their worship places than the only four (4) currently allowed in Moscow. I believe the iconic church just outside of Kremlin was also built from a mosque in Kazan.

Haghia Sophia is shit, I've been there. Wasted my time, could've been eating a chocolate cake instead

Back
Top Bottom