What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
What most people don't realize is that sanctions boycotting Russian oil only helped Russia. The sanctions caused a big spike in oil price, and Russia is still able to sell its oil to nations not participating in the boycott such as China and India. They also require payments for the oil to be made in Rubles. So in the end Russia got a huge increase to their petro revenues as well as a strengthened Ruble (which also lowers their cost of imports). At the same time the sanctions pummeled the west since we're paying higher oil prices. If the West really wants to punish Russia, we should drop the sanctions and incentivize our oil industry to crank up production
Look, I bought a new car before invasion. Ok now fuel prices hit the roof. at the moment I pay about 100 euros to fill my car tank. I am thinking to switch to electric car I would pay 1/3 or 1/2. That’s lot of savings in the long run. Putin earns lots of money now but he pushes people like me to EVs, he destroys the European market in 5 years.
There is a rule when doing business. If you kill your customer you kills yourself.

Again, you really should have stick to stuff that you know, because your "interest" does not even able to digest the entire situation.

There are no strategic interest in Sieverodonetsk other than it is the last pocket in Luhansk. The Ukrainian have been gaining a lot of ground in the south in Kherson and in the North in Kharkiv while they dump force into Sieverodonetsk and hinder the Russian advance there.

That is so evidence that they have taken Popansa (East of Lysychansk ) since early May but still not able to close that gap after 2 months of fighting. Had the Russian force focus on Popasna, they would have already be encircling the Ukrainian force between Kramatorsk and Lysychansk.
I suggest you take a closer look at the map of Ukraine. The terrain of Lysychansk is in a long strip shape along the mountain, with a very small depth. It's not suitable for defense. The Ukrainian army will not waste its already scarce troops there. I think they will retreat from Lysychansk. The next offensive and defensive battle will take place in Slavyansk.

The bad news is that the temperature is high.

The good news is that coal can be used to generate electricity again.

The bad news is that many coal mines have been closed, and many enterprises producing coal machinery and equipment have been patented by the Chinese, even the company itself.

The good news is that the mechanical equipment made in China is no worse than that made in Germany.

The bad news is that even with the equipment in place, there are not enough skilled workers to dig coal.

The good news is that Ukraine has enough skilled coal workers.

The bad news is that Ukrainian coal workers are mainly concentrated in Donbas, the Russian speaking region in the East.

The good news is that the introduction of modern and intelligent coal mines in China does not require many workers at all.

The bad news is that modern and intelligent mines need Huawei 5G.
What a nonsense
Germany has coal reserves enough for decades. There are lots of countries outside China with huge coal reserves. Australia, Indonesia to name a few. Vietnam’s coal reserves for instance are enough for hundreds of years.

Germany don’t rely on China. technology, workers, coal are here available.

3413FD6E-1D4A-4DFB-A423-47ECC2190FD0.jpeg

Look, I bought a new car before invasion. Ok now fuel prices hit the roof. at the moment I pay about 100 euros to fill my car tank. I am thinking to switch to electric car I would pay 1/3 or 1/2. That’s lot of savings in the long run. Putin earns lots of money now but he pushes people like me to EVs, he destroys the European market in 5 years.
There is a rule when doing business. If you kill your customer you kills yourself.
Is there a possibility that most of the patents and markets of the clean energy industry, including lithium batteries, electric vehicles, photovoltaic and other commodities, belong to China?

I suggest you take a closer look at the map of Ukraine. The terrain of Lysychansk is in a long strip shape along the mountain, with a very small depth. It's not suitable for defense. The Ukrainian army will not waste its already scarce troops there. I think they will retreat from Lysychansk. The next offensive and defensive battle will take place in Slavyansk.
And I suggest you go study some military science.

There is a big elevation behind Lysychansk, that is the reason why Russia have problem crossing the river, and you have farm surrounding the sieversky donet river, which make it a very good BUND line. Do you even know what BUND is?

The river will make it as a funnel to Russian troop because you cannot have the entire force crossing the river at the same time, at the same time, The defilade around the high ground would be prefer for bombing whatever you got funnelled. Because you put artillery on the other side of ant slope, you can reach the Russian, the Russian cannot reach yours.

Base on all that, it is NOT possible to have a frontal assault over Lysychansk from Sieverodonetsk without unacceptable casualty, that is the exact definition of deadly funnel. That is why Popasna is important, because you go from the East, it's flat land until you reach Lysychansk

Please do not talk to me about Military Science, especially when you have zero knowledge of the topic. Again, try focus on stuff that you do know instead of talking back to someone who know their shit when you know nothing......

Last edited:
Is there a possibility that most of the patents and markets of the clean energy industry, including lithium batteries, electric vehicles, photovoltaic and other commodities, belong to China?
Ok tell me what chinese is in Audi Q4?
This is a British version the German version I saw it at the showroom costs about 55,000 euros.

Ok tell me what chinese is in Audi Q4?
This is a British version the German version I saw it at the showroom costs about 55,000 euros.

Do you know the German name of Audi Q4 battery?
Is it possible that the core technology of Audi Q4 comes from China?

Last edited:
And I suggest you go study some military science.

There is a big elevation behind Lysychansk, that is the reason why Russia have problem crossing the river, and you have farming surrounding the sieversky donet river, which make it a very good BUND line. Do you even know what BUND is?

The river will make it as a funnel to Russian troop because you cannot have the entire force crossing the river at the same time, at the same time, The defilade around the high ground would be prefer for bombing whatever you got funnelled. Because you put artillery on the other side of ant slope, you can reach the Russian, the Russian cannot reach yours.

Base on all that, it is NOT possible to have a frontal assault over Lysychansk from Sieverodonetsk without unacceptable casualty, that is the exact definition of deadly funnel. That is why Popasna is important, because you go from the East, it's flat land until you reach Lysychansk

Please do not talk to me about Military Science, especially when you have zero knowledge of the topic. Again, try focus on stuff that you do know instead of talking back to someone who know their shit when you know nothing......
I think the Ukrainian army will give up lysychansk, and you think the Ukrainian army will stick to lysychansk.
OK, let's wait patiently. In a few days we will know where the next offensive and defensive war will break out.

Oil price in December 2021 was $74, Russians most optimistic predictions where on that basis, so even if the Oil prices go down to $80-90 it's still good for them.

Not when you are selling your oil with 30-40% discount. if it went to $80, it will not be profitable for them, they will either have to stop offering that discount or they would need to find new client.

China and India won't stop buying rebated Oil, they are eager to boost their economy and be more competitive than US/ UE.

Again, there are two things you buy oil for, one is your daily usage, the other is strategic reserve, anymore than that would be a waste. There is a limit as for what China and India can buy, sure, now they can get as much as they want, but to a point, they would have more than they need, then the basic economic principal kicks in, why would you buy more than you need?

Russian won't give back any conquered land, don't be delusional, the West should settle for peace and look forward.
Well, US occupied Afghanistan for 20 years, tell me who own those land now?

Problem is, unless for whatever reason Ukraine does not start an insurgency, which is basically the most naïve thinking there are as they already died for their land for the last 120 with overwhelming odds no less with little to no NATO help, Depends on how much Russia can devote, but to occupy those land for 20 years is nearly impossible for Russia to do. There are already partisan fighting behind Russian line. And we aren't really in the stage of occupation yet, this is going to turn out to be US, NATO tried to occupy Afghanistan, you are facing with a equally determined adversary, with economic sanction, without the resource the West have..

Unless Ukrainian wanted to be Russian, Russia would have a hard time occupying those land.

I think the Ukrainian army will give up lysychansk, and you think the Ukrainian army will stick to lysychansk.
OK, let's wait patiently. In a few days we will know where the next offensive and defensive war will break out.
Dude, if they hold the Russian for 2 months in Sieverodonetsk, you are talking about a better defensive position. How long can they hold depends on two things.

1.) How long it takes for Russian to break out from Popasna and attack Bakhmut
2.) Sloviansk and Kramatorsk under threat.

They can probably hold that line indefinitely unless 1 or 2 break.

Again, you really should stop present yourself like a military person, because your "Prediction" is funny at best, illogical is probably the choice of my word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom