What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or may be he is planning something? Or he knew that it is not gonna happen? Not easy know what is in one's mind, especially when those who are equipped with an absolute power in his hand.
There is a change of tones. They way Putin speaks. Lavrov speaks similar calm way. In contrast Erdogan is very aggressive in tone.

Well well. With time it doesn't look so bad for Russia anymore:
1. Russian economy held up rather well. Conversely, EU economy didn't. The Russians are already used to privations from past sanctions, the EU isn't.
2. Russian military losses seem manageable now. The Ukrainian depends on donated military equipment, the Russian produce themselves.
It is only a matter of time the EU part will shackle the military part( NATO). The cracks are already showing as members are either backing out( Switzerland funds) or diluting the sanctions using legal language to mask it. Because the NATO are mostly " democracy " and sooner or later their public will punish the rulers for the economic turmoil.
This episode must also be very encouraging for the Chinese. Whereas in the beginning the Chinese became totally silent, they are starting to find their mojo again. Because they saw that the NATO, 5 Eyes, EU or whatever will lose an economic war that got stalemated with a lesser power like Russia.
Meanwhile i am wondering why Russia did not cover the skies of Ukraine with armed drones and decimate their artillery , tanks and logistics the way Azerbaijan did to Armenia??? No need to duke it out on the ground..
Look at 2 posts above. Russia imports from Italy crashes by 50 percent and you say Russia economy is going well? You are delusional. The western sanctions alone can’t explain the collapse.

Look at 2 posts above. Russia imports from Italy crashes by 50 percent and you say Russia economy is going well? You are delusional. The western sanctions alone can’t explain the collapse.
Chinas imports from Lithuania " crashed " 90% so China must be the loser??
You are the delusional wannabe White boy. You will always remain a gook for them

Chinas imports from Lithuania " crashed " 90% so China must be the loser??
You are the delusional wannabe White boy. You will always remain a gook for them
Nonsense
A functioning economy needs imports and exports. If imports decrease then something not going well according to plan. One explanation is Russians run out of money.
If China overall imports collapse by 50 percent than will be a big news. Lithuania imports is made of how much? 0.001 percent?

Well well. With time it doesn't look so bad for Russia anymore:
1. Russian economy held up rather well. Conversely, EU economy didn't. The Russians are already used to privations from past sanctions, the EU isn't.
2. Russian military losses seem manageable now. The Ukrainian depends on donated military equipment, the Russian produce themselves.
It is only a matter of time the EU part will shackle the military part( NATO). The cracks are already showing as members are either backing out( Switzerland funds) or diluting the sanctions using legal language to mask it. Because the NATO are mostly " democracy " and sooner or later their public will punish the rulers for the economic turmoil.
This episode must also be very encouraging for the Chinese. Whereas in the beginning the Chinese became totally silent, they are starting to find their mojo again. Because they saw that the NATO, 5 Eyes, EU or whatever will lose an economic war that got stalemated with a lesser power like Russia.
Meanwhile i am wondering why Russia did not cover the skies of Ukraine with armed drones and decimate their artillery , tanks and logistics the way Azerbaijan did to Armenia??? No need to duke it out on the ground..

That type of thinking led Putin into a trap.

Democracy always wins over autocratic regimes.

And btw Russia has a 20% decline of economy within one quarter. Thats annihilation of economy and reversal of 30 years progress.

Germany had a major election just this sundsy and the most hawkish antirussian parties won massive gains,

Amazing how Russians keep shooting down Ukrainian fighters despite the fact that according to their own propaganda they've already destroyed Ukrainian air force twice.
after they shot down a whole squadron of tb2 another one miraculously shows up lmao

Footage of the combat operation of the Orlan-10 UAV was shown by the Russian Defense Ministry. The Orlan-10 UAV began to be delivered to the troops in 2010 and by now is the most massive UAV of the Russian army used in Ukraine. The Orlan-10 has a mass of 14 kg and is capable of carrying up to 4 high-explosive shells. In various configurations, UAVs can conduct surveillance in the optical and infrared range. Orlan‑10 is capable of automatically detecting the positions of switched-on GSM phones, VHF communication stations, operating radars.

The Russian army in the Zaporozhye direction stopped an attempt to counterattack the Ukrainian armed forces. An attempt to attack Russian units by the forces of two Ukrainian mechanized battalions on tanks and infantry fighting vehicles was made near the village of Vishnevoye, Zaporozhye region. The enemy was spotted in time, UAVs and Russian artillery strikes were inflicted on parts of the Ukrainian army. After that, Russian tanks, BPM and infantry units, supported by artillery, destroyed the retreating equipment of Ukraine. According to the results of the battle, 26 Ukrainian tanks, 12 infantry fighting vehicles and about 100 soldiers were destroyed.

The work of Russian 120 mm mortar crews in Ukraine

Noone is poisoned by Smoke Grenades and the Wikipedia link states that it is not an Incendiary Weapon.
Your sources does not support your view,

My source, a legal expert, states explicitly that if used as a weapon, its legal status changes accordingly. Only its incendiary properties make it a potential weapon (and in effect, during WW1 it saw extensive employment as an incendiary weapon intended to kill and injure personnel). And that's the common take by jurists.

US Set to Block Russian Debt Payments, Raising Odds of Default​

• Treasury Department won’t extend carve-out that ends May 25
  • Expiring waiver gave Moscow leeway to pay coupons in dollars
By
Saleha Mohsin and
Sydney Maki
+Follow
May 18, 2022, 12:50 AM GMT+8Updated onMay 18, 2022, 2:32 AM GMT+8

The Biden administration is poised to fully block Russia’s ability to pay US bondholders after a deadline expires next week, a move that could bring Moscow closer to the brink of default.
The Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control is expected to let a temporary exemption lapse once it expires on May 25, according to people familiar with the matter. The waiver, issued shortly after the US levied sanctions on Russia over its invasion of Ukraine in February, has given Moscow room to pay coupons, helping it avert default on its government debt.

Ultimately, any impact on Russia’s finances from payments to creditors is dwarfed by the money the country is earning every week on exports of oil, gas and other commodities.

“It is an interesting one,” said Matthew Vogel, a London-based portfolio manager and head of sovereign research at FIM Partners. The move would leave Russia as “a debtor seemingly desperate to make payments, but not allowed to do so.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...russian-debt-payments-raising-odds-of-default

My source, a legal expert, states explicitly that if used as a weapon, its legal status changes accordingly. Only its incendiary properties make it a potential weapon (and in effect, during WW1 it saw extensive employment as an incendiary weapon intended to kill and injure personnel). And that's the common take by jurists.
You source say that if White Phosphorus is used for its toxilogical effect (what toxilogical effect?) it is considered a chemical weapon because of how the treaty on chemical weapon is written.

The treaty on incendiary weapons is not written this way.

The treaty on incendiary weapons says that smoke munitions are not incendiary weapons.

You are welcome to produce a single case where someone has been poisoned (and not burned) by a shell with White Phosphorus.

Last edited:
I shared a link where an informed analyst suggests otherwise because it was not only turning the plane.
Am USAF, F-111 Cold War then F-16 Desert Storm. But before the USAF, I learned how to fly when I was in high school, in a Cessna 152, and this was in the early 1980s. I grew up in Hawaii and flew over Pearl Harbor.

I do not want to deviate from the main topic here, but I do not care who is your 'informed analyst'. Given the differences of flight training of when I was learning how to fly versus the technology of Sept 11, 2001, I have no problems declaring that the maneuvers to make ANY airliner fly into a WTC tower is well within the skills of any student pilot that passed ground school.

In fact...

In an interview with NBC's "Today," Darren Harrison describes how he managed to land a plane with zero flight experience after the aircraft's pilot became incapacitated.​

That does not mean anyone can fly in an emergency situation like above. But flying airliners into the WTC were not emergency situations. The issue is settled like gravity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom