What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.

The level of Ukrainian lying is unbelievable. Even their president Zelensky is claiming that their military and intelligence are evacuating people at Azovstal. These are forces surrendering to the DNR and Russian forcesm remember. At this rate, the Western media and Ukrainian officials are beyond the point that we can even discuss what they're claiming.

Last edited:
No its not that hard otherwise they be caught and arrested in the States early on. Even in post 9/11 there have been terrorist attacks. No system is perfect.

If it's not hard, other such attacks would have occurred. It's not as if there'd be a lack of candidates for such.

Thats because not many are suicidal or motivated to do such a thing. How many times have you seen people hijacking large commercial planes and crashing them into buildings?

I don't think so, there are more than enough "special" people willing to engage in actions of this kind.

Turning a plane is not complex maneuvers, they are not doing a fighter maneuvers, you just reaching.

I shared a link where an informed analyst suggests otherwise because it was not only turning the plane.

If it's not hard, other such attacks would have occurred. It's not as if there'd be a lack of candidates for such.
You do realize that there are security measures in place since 9/11 to prevent something like that?
I don't think so, there are more than enough crazy people of all sorts willing to engage in such actions.

I shared a link where an informed analyst suggests otherwise because it was not only turning the plane.
Give me that link.

European chess board moves:

A dynamic equilibrium has been formed at the moment.. Russia is interested in de-escalation.. Italy, France and Germany are procrastinating.. Hungary suspends gas embargo.. there is a week delay concerning the US aid, due to approvals.. Economic changes.. US inflation.. the rise of the ruble and the decline of the dollar and the euro..

Accordingly a stalemate arose.. and the West has only two scenarios:

Either introduce new characters on the military board in the form of Poland, Romania and the Baltic states from the West, but this is the path of escalation and expansion into World War III
Or the path of pacification and new alliances..

what is the evidence:

On Friday, Pentagon chief Austin called Shoigu and offered him a ceasefire..
Putin receives the CSTO and temporarily states that the bloc does not intend to participate in the special military operation..

On the same evening, the Azov fighters announced the surrender of the wounded and the injured, and the Russian Ministry of Defense, in complete secrecy and without any advertisements, took in ambulances prisoners of war with an unusual passivity by the Azov Ukrainian warriors..

At the same time:

The European Union announces that it will allow Russian gas..
Erdogan unexpectedly announced that he is not ready to vote for Finland and Sweden to join NATO.. A tent for negotiations has been prepared in Turkey for the Swedes and the Finns..

Then today Erdogan announces that Putin is going to Turkey after the visit by the Swedes and the Finns..

It smells the division of Ukraine and the redistribution of spheres of influence in Europe..
IMO the crack is now visible and the split is inevitable.

A small group of nation is now trying to dictates its will and policy over the rest and the rest are getting impatience and alarm at a possibility of being drawn into a useless war with Russia by a declining superpower across the Atlantic and her allies.

There are rumors that many EU nations are also unhappy and wanted President of EU Commission Ursula von der Leyen to resign due to her uncompromising political stance.

It was told that as a former German Defense Minister of Germany, she was unpopular and ineffective and was regarded as hawkish and very anti-Russian.

Looking at the events that unfold, I believe there may be some substance in the allegatios.

Right now, several dozen Azov militants are trying to surrender and are breaking out from the territory of Azovstal. On the spot, large forces of the troops of the DPR and Russia, special groups of the Internal Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the DPR receive prisoners.
Hungry and betrayed by their command, the Nazis flee the catacombs.

Right now, several dozen Azov militants are trying to surrender and are breaking out from the territory of Azovstal. On the spot, large forces of the troops of the DPR and Russia, special groups of the Internal Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the DPR receive prisoners.
Hungry and betrayed by their command, the Nazis flee the catacombs.

Zelensky on this occasion is equal to Baghdad Bob in steroid.

IMO the crack is now visible and the split is inevitable.

A small group of nation is now trying to dictates its will and policy over the rest and the rest are getting impatience and alarm at a possibility of being drawn into a useless war with Russia by a declining superpower across the Atlantic and her allies.

There are rumors that many EU nations are also unhappy and wanted President of EU Commission Ursula von der Leyen to resign due to her uncompromising political stance.

It was told that as a former German Defense Minister of Germany, she was unpopular and ineffective and was regarded as hawkish and very anti-Russian.

Looking at the events that unfold, I believe there may be some substance in the allegatios.

I was wondering what was the motive behind the US Secretary of Defense proposing a ceasefire to the Russian Defense Minister. It seems they noticed that a propaganda can't win a war, and the supposed "unity" in the EU is unrevealing. To simply put it, Russia is not a country that you can easily isolate or defeat militarily.

Sweden's plans for NATO membership hit snag as Turkey say NO Sweden's plans for NATO membership hit snag as Turkey says no​

By JOHAN AHLANDER and SIMON JOHNSON
  • WORLD
  • Monday, 16 May 2022
    3:39 PM MYT
FILE PHOTO Swedish Defence Minister Peter Hultqvist speaks during a news conference at the military base in Adazi Latvia April 13 2022. REUTERSInts KalninsFile Photo

FILE PHOTO: Swedish Defence Minister Peter Hultqvist speaks during a news conference at the military base in Adazi, Latvia April 13, 2022. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins/File Photo

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) -Sweden will formally apply for NATO membership in the next few days, Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson said on Monday, but its accession process, and that of Finland, hit a snag when NATO member Turkey's president said he would not approve either bid.

Sweden and Finland need each of NATO's 30 members to approve their applications. The ratification process had been expected to take up to a year, though Turkey's objections have thrown that into doubt.

At a news conference, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said Sweden and Finland should not bother sending delegations to Ankara to persuade Turkey to support for their bids.
"Neither of these countries have a clear, open attitude towards terrorist organisations,"
Erdogan said. "How can we trust them?"

He called Sweden a "hatchery" for terrorist organisations with terrorists in parliament.
Russia's invasion of Ukraine has shaken up Europe's security architecture and forced Sweden and Finland to choose sides after staying out of the U.S.-led NATO alliance during the Cold War.
Sweden's Social Democrat government, worried the country will be vulnerable while its application is considered, had been hoping for a quick ratification process.

STARPICKS
But Turkey's objections, which NATO leaders initially hoped would not cause a major delay, now look to present a serious obstacle.
A spokesperson for Swedish Foreign Minister Ann Linde declined to comment.
HISTORIC DECISION
The decisions by Finland and Sweden to apply to NATO set the two countries on a path toward ending policies of military non-alignment that had defined their defence strategies since the start of the Cold War.
"We are leaving one era behind us and entering a new one," Andersson told a news conference on Monday.
She said Sweden's application could be submitted in the next couple of days and would be synchronised with Finland.
"NATO will strengthen Sweden, Sweden will strengthen NATO," she said.
The decision to abandon the military non-alignment that has been a central tenet of Swedish national identity for two centuries reflects a sea change in public perception in the Nordic region following Russia's attack on Ukraine.
Andersson said Sweden did not want permanent NATO military bases or nuclear weapons on its territory if its membership was approved.
Russian President Vladimir Putin offered a mild response to the decisions, saying: "As far as expansion goes, including new members Finland and Sweden, Russia has no problems with these states - none."
He did however accuse the United States of using the enlargement in an "aggressive" way to aggravate an already difficult global security situation. He said Russia would respond if the alliance moves weapons or troops forward.
General Micael Byden, commander of the Swedish Armed Forces, told a news conference the decision to apply was right from a military strategic perspective and that defending Sweden, unilaterally or in cooperation with other states, would be easier with Sweden part of NATO.
"I know, based on my conversations and the relations that I have with my counterparts, that Sweden is welcome in NATO. But we are not only welcome - I also know that Sweden as a member makes NATO stronger," Byden said.
Sweden has received assurances of support from the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany and France but not any legally binding guarantees of military aid.
In a joint statement on Monday, Nordic neighbours Denmark, Norway and Iceland also pledged support.
Moscow calls its invasion of Ukraine a "special military operation" to rid the country of fascists, an assertion Kyiv and its allies say is a baseless pretext for an unprovoked war.
(Reporting by Johan Ahlander and Simon Johnson; Additional reporting by Anna Ringstrom and Ali Kucukgocmen in Istanbul and Tassilo Hummel in Paris; Editing by Grant McCool and Howard Goller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom