What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a strawman argument since he never intended for the international level.
Dude, he is asking why country put their own asset IN AN OVERSEA BANK.......

Personally, I don't understand why countries keep their foreign reserves in other countries. This includes government investments in other countries.

For example, Saudi Arabia and UAE have billions invested in the West, and then they go around asking foreigners to FDI in their own countries. Why not invest your own billions in your own country instead of leaving it hostage in other countries?

So what does he mean by "IN OTHER COUNTRIES" then? If he never intended for the international level??

Zelensky's demand for security guarantee from Europe seemed unrealistic to me. It is like he wanted Ukraine to be part of NATO without paying for any expenses and risks associated with the alliance. Why would Europe agree for this ? :undecided:

NATO did not invade Ukraine.

Ukraine was invaded by Russia.

So Ukraine should ask for security guarantees from Russia not NATO.

That is a separate question. Are we changing the subject now?
Dude, what is a separate question??

THis is his orignal post...

Personally, I don't understand why countries keep their foreign reserves in other countries. This includes government investments in other countries.

For example, Saudi Arabia and UAE have billions invested in the West, and then they go around asking foreigners to FDI in their own countries. Why not invest your own billions in your own country instead of leaving it hostage in other countries?

Then do tell me what does he meant by "IN OTHER COUNTRIES"??

Dude, what is a separate question??

THis is his orignal post...

Then do tell me what does he meant by "IN OTHER COUNTRIES"??
Our current subject is about fiat currency and about whether it is a "what he said is true" situation. My answer is yes and its scope is domestic. Of course, any domestic event has international impact as well. But "what he said is true" domestically is a dictate. Its international impact is only an influence, not a dictate. So, the current subject is about that "dictate". If you want to talk about international influence, that is a separate subject, isn't it?

Armed Forces of Ukraine keep under siege the Mariupol maternity hospital, where there are about a hundred people
03/30/2022 04:39 PM (updated: 03/30/2022 05:46 PM)

About a hundred people, including 37 children, are in one of the besieged maternity hospitals in Mariupol, according to the headquarters of the territorial defense of the DPR.
"Ukrainian militants besieged the Mariupol maternity hospital, preventing women from getting water to the nearest well in the private sector of the city," the ministry's telegram channel said in a statement.

According to the Donetsk security officials, we are talking about maternity hospital No. 2. There are about a hundred people there, 37 of them are children, five babies.

Representatives of the Dutch party “Forum for Democracy” announced their refusal to listen to the speech of the President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky

It is naive and even absurd to see Zelenskiy as a half-saint. He recently banned eleven (!) political parties, including the country’s largest opposition party. Critical TV channels were banned, while other TV channels were recently forced to broadcast propaganda 24 hours a day,”

“And recently, horrific acts of violence against seemingly helpless Russian prisoners of war by, most likely, Ukrainian troops have also leaked to social networks. All this makes his video speech in our parliament, to put it mildly, inappropriate,”

What a Russian businessman "" is doing in negotiation team?
(2nd src)
1648654772592.png

Soccer club owner billionaire.

Russian businessman Roman Abramovich is not an official member of the delegation at the talks with Ukraine, said Dmitry Peskov, press secretary of the Russian President.
“Abramovich is involved in providing certain contacts between the Russian and Ukrainian sides, and he is not an official member of the delegation,” he said during a conversation with reporters.

Peskov noted that Roman Abramovich is present from the Russian side at the talks in Istanbul. He also recalled that the Russian delegation is headed by presidential aide Vladimir Medinsky.

It also became known that the Russian businessman, before the start of the dialogue between the Russian and Ukrainian delegations in Istanbul , met with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at the Dolmabahce Palace .

And RUB back to 23-Feb level:

1648656261595.png

Last edited:
Our current subject is about fiat currency and about whether it is a "what he said is true" situation. My answer is yes and its scope is domestic. Of course, any domestic event has international impact as well. But "what he said is true" domestically is a dictate. Its international impact is only an influence, not a dictate. So, the current subject is about that "dictate". If you want to talk about international influence, that is a separate subject, isn't it?
This is not "OUR" current subject. There were NEVER OUR current subject.

I was answering HIS QUESTION, not yours when I made that post.

If you want to talk about Domestic Consumption of your own currency, as I said, You can print USD in China and call it Yuan and use it for Legal Tender for all I care, that does not mean nothing when you put your currency in a foreign bank, like HE asked.

This is not "OUR" current subject. There were NEVER OUR current subject.

I was answering HIS QUESTION, not yours when I made that post.

If you want to talk about Domestic Consumption of your own currency, as I said, You can print USD in China and call it Yuan and use it for Legal Tender for all I care, that does not mean nothing when you put your currency in a foreign bank, like HE asked.
But I was responding to your statement about fiat currency (I hate people spreading false economy concepts). I didn't even pay attention to what you and he were talking about. When you answered me back, the subject on fiat money became "OUR" current subject. You may be mistaken in thinking that I joined your conversation with him. I certainly wasn't.

Ah cool
Germany will cut all Russia imports of coal, oil and gas to zero by 2024.
To 0.
Putin destroys the relationship to Germany to which the country has built in 70 years.
Even during the height of Cold War crisis Russia or USSR delivered energy to Germany.
We have reached the point of no return.
Well.

I am talking about state assets, not personal wealth. Saudi Arabia and UAE have national funds worth tens of billions invested in the West instead of their own countries. And then they ask foreigner to invest in their countries. Makes no sense.
They use sovereign wealth funds to enrich themselves buy for example buying into a western company and making their cousin a director who will get massive bonuses from the deal. Then they purchase western companies that have somehow involved their friends and cousins. As brokers or estate agents etc.

They also invest in west to keep the western masters happy so they dont overthrow them. Thats all the gulf Arabs. The Qataris do this to turkey as they are their master and protector. Saudi and UAE do it to America and UK, as those coutnries created those gulf monarchies out of thin air.

But at the same time they also need foreign investment because they lack all know how. They are like the special needs kid who won the lotto. He will need everything done for him. They even get state of the art patriots that dont work. see Iran attack on Saudi.

But I was responding to your statement about fiat currency (I hate people spreading false economy concepts). I didn't even pay attention to what you and he were talking about. When you answered me back, the subject on fiat money became "OUR" current subject. You may be mistaken in thinking that I joined your conversation with him. I certainly wasn't.
Dude, he was asking why country put their currency in foreign bank, and not investing in their own.

This is to strengthen their own currency value because FIAT CURRENCY have floating value. The more currency you put on foreign bank strengthen your own currency value. Because you need less of your own currency. This is a simple supply and demand.

I am not talking about "HE WHO IS KING AND DECIDED EVERYTHING WITHIN YOUR OWN BORDER" which is the reason why he asked this question in the first place.

And no, as I said before, your concept of "Fiat Currency" is wrong, as I said, if this is like what you said, the Fed can determine the value of US currency willy-nilly, then US can weaponize their currency to a point it can basically destroy anything because it is 61% of world currency. As I said, what if the Fed said now all US currency in China hand only worth $1 without any backing, would China just lost around 2 trillions worth of USD (now worth $1) because the fed said so??

So no, to answer your question, my answer is the same, if this is your version of "economic concepts" then I dont want to learn it.

Or are you are arguing US federal reserve somehow have no power to govern the USD Chinese own?

Damn thats like something out of a bizarre Hitchcock movie. Russian soldiers get medals and appear like in shock and fear.

Looks like hostage situation

Ah cool
Germany will cut all Russia imports of coal, oil and gas to zero by 2024.
To 0.
Putin destroys the relationship to Germany to which the country has built in 70 years.
Even during the height of Cold War crisis Russia or USSR delivered energy to Germany.
We have reached the point of no return.
Well.

Posts like this make me think.

If you out bid other nations for Australian coal then other nations will buy from Russia because Germany is paying a premium for Aussie coal.

If every nation sanctioned Russia then won't be enough coal, gas and oil for everyone. Companies in China and India will have access to cheaper hence become more competitive then German ones.

Nah,Russia had its time trying to become a part of the west in the era of Yeltsin. Empty promises,betrayal and chaos is the only memory. Russia would rather learnig from china rather than the west. Russia is done with the west,at least in the next 3 or 4 decades,they won't try to please the west no matter putin die or not.

One is a communist country the other is an oligarchy, neither of which are formed or run democratically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mmr
I am not talking about "HE WHO IS KING AND DECIDED EVERYTHING WITHIN YOUR OWN BORDER" which is the reason why he asked this question in the first place.

And no, as I said before, your concept of "Fiat Currency" is wrong, as I said, if this is like what you said, the Fed can determine the value of US currency willy-nilly, then US can weaponize their currency to a point it can basically destroy anything because it is 61% of world currency. As I said, what if the Fed said now all US currency in China hand only worth $1 without any backing, would China just lost around 2 trillions worth of USD (now worth $1) because the fed said so??

So no, to answer your question, my answer is the same, if this is your version of "economic concepts" then I dont want to learn it.
You are conflating that value of US currency with its exchange value as if it is only type of value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom