What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when weapons that destroy drones easily are found,what will you say? That the day of the drones is over?

Anti-aircraft systems were invented and aircraft didn't stop existing.

Days of tank is over. Turkish tb2 rule

Active protection is the only feasible way now to extend armour lifetime, but it will only help so much.

If a drone will drop a 500kg bomb on you, it will not make much difference if it hit you, or APS shot it down fee meters away from you.

Our opinions have as much worth as yours.

Zero.

What we are pointing out are the ridiculous levels of hypocrisy and double standards.

Stop sipping the Kool-Aid and think about it.
Exactly. Opinions online are worth Zero. Please point all you want. I'm at peace with the knowledge that you will pay for Ukrainian resistance against the Russian occupation.

Thank you very much :cheers:

I think most people remember the nazi Ukraine element. They remember Ukraines contribution in Iraq being the 3rd largest and very significant in Afghanistan. People are happy that Russia is being sanctioned and countries have taken not their assets are not safe. They are happy that a bipolar world will bring peace to smaller countries and west will not be able to invade at will. They also realise this will bring a lot of relief in the Muslim world. Look at the impact on the Iran deal. Petro dollar already has been shaken with the Saudis negotiating some trade in the yuan. Russia will not sell gas or oil in dollars. This will start the downward slide of USA and Israel. All the Christians have sided to kill Muslims so sit back and relax. Attitude. This will only happen if Russia wins on the ground gets a deal and then withdraws
If Russia wins on the ground gets a deal and then withdraws. Ukraine will anyway drift in the direction of the EU, as the quality of life in EU is much higher, which is a attractor, that is why there were revolutions in 2004 and 2014 in Ukr. Russia`s Ukraine policy completely failed and now is using force. The only way would be to partition Ukraine and annex the east part, but as mr P. is in the process of creating an unified Ukrainian nation now, I do not believe this is sustainable in the long run. Whatever Russia does, it`s bad for Russia. For the rest of the world, I would not go here so far. Russian economy is to small to matter in a long run. Definatelly gas prices will go up in Europe, Food prices will go up all over the world, causing unfortunally more people to die because of hunger, than in this war.

The guy looks to me like a Kissinger 2.0 wannabe
You mean Mearsheimer? There is no shortage of Kissingers and Mearsheimers, not just in the US but in every country, especially in the major powers. The danger is that when we remove the moral component from inter-states relationships, we give license to the Kissingers and Mearsheimers of the world to dictate how countries with different needs should live. They are always removed from the consequences of their 'advice'.

Another story on foreign fighters in Ukraine - this time of a US citizen named Zander who was at the 'International Center for Peacekeeping and Security' - Zander says "he was watching the movie Saving Private Ryan in his room on the base at around 5am, when all of the sudden his “whole fucking window was blown out.” - He has now left Ukraine and is in Poland.

More here:

Does Ukraine have the right to join NATO? Yes. Does Russia have the right to protect its national security? Yes.

Both conditions are true and not mutually exclusive events. Why don't you and the pro-Ukraine/NATO people don't understand this? Virtually everything comes with inherent consequences.
The problem here is that which produces material consequences? NATO membership does not trespass any Russian territory or harm Russian economy. What Russia did was essentially a preemptive strike against a perceived threat formed from a suspected potential association.
  1. Perception
  2. Suspicion
  3. Potential
What next? If you raise your defense budget, can I add to or replace an item from that list with your defense budget? How about if you elect a president or prime minister who maybe friendly to one of my enemies? So now the additional questions are: Do you have the right to raise your defense budget or elect any leader you chose? If I make a preemptive strike to your country, that means whatever rights and/or freedoms you may have rests on my whims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom