What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Translation:
Belarusian media report that sounds similar to explosions are being heard in several cities of Belarus at once. They were heard in Baranovichi, Luninets, Slutsk and other cities. Information about what is happening is specified
I'm not a supporter of violent revolutions, but I hope the Belarussian People find a way to get rid of Lukashenko. He seems to be more of a despot than Putin :pop:

Days of tank is over. Turkish tb2 rule
And when weapons that destroy drones easily are found,what will you say? That the day of the drones is over?

Anti-aircraft systems were invented and aircraft didn't stop existing.

I understand the reality and the geopolitics. But the greater danger is that...

If we allow the legitimization of the John Mearsheimer school of great power geopolitics, great powers WILL NOT need any other justifications, no matter how specious, to intimidate, threaten, and even invade neighbors based solely upon the vague 'national security' reason. Take a look at why Russia invaded Ukraine:

Resurgence of neo Nazism,​
Ethnic abuse of Russians,​
Possible NATO membership,​
Potential nuclear weapons hosting from NATO,​
That Ukraine is not a 'real' country.​

Those are the five PRIMARY reasons. Each of them is already weak on its own. Who knows if there are secondary reasons. The ulterior motive of resurrecting the former Soviet bloc, if not in name, is not listed, but we all believe that is the real reason because we believe the primary reasons are weak.

If we examine every invasion in history, we will find reasons, some ARE legitimate such as D-Day or when ECOWAS invaded to intervene in civil wars to prevent further regional disorder and humanitarian crisis, some are not legitimate like how Kuwait was 'stealing' Iraqi oil via the lateral drilling method and that Kuwait was an actual Iraqi province of old. Speaking as a cynic, at least there were/are attempts of facade of legitimate reasons or covers to do something immoral. But if we accept the Mearsheimer path as prima facie reason, great powers will not even try to find covers and smaller states will suffer for it.

The guy looks to me like a Kissinger 2.0 wannabe

122 missiles... That's only 3 reloads

Please don't be so hard on people who live in US, Canada or EU but still claim to support Putin's regime. There taxes (both direct and indirect) are spent on supporting the Ukrainian resistance. Their opinions here are a waste of cyber space. Let them have that in peace :laugh:

Our opinions have as much worth as yours.

Zero.

What we are pointing out are the ridiculous levels of hypocrisy and double standards.

Stop sipping the Kool-Aid and think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom