What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Kherson captured by Russians
That has been confirmed by Russian and international media. The aim is to trap around 100,000 Ukrainian Nazis in pincer like Zhukov did in 1943.

Russian Ministry of Defense spokesperson Igor Konashenkov announced that the city of Henichesk and Kherson International Airport had surrendered to Russian forces in the morning. Later, Russian forces encircled and captured a part of Kherson. They were eventually able to enter and capture Berdiansk.

Ok but other than the oil and gas drilling will you engage in any other trade? Do your exports go to US and EU? Don't you think they will sanction you?

I think US and EU will not likely to sanction Indonesia due to geopolitical reasons,

Indonesia is not part of countries that will do sanction to Russia, so we will cooperate normally and if some trade cannot be done due to SWIFT issue, so we can still do the trade using other means, Indonesia has made effort to minimize the trade using USD like what we have done with China and other nations

If I were invading Iraq, and I run a single division and go light into Iraq and see "If Saddam will surrender" and then got cut to piece, I would be blasted as "strategic imcompetent"

So, what you people don't understand is. if you are expecting a war, you don't "go light and see" and if you are expecting to "go light" you don't attack by 3 fronts and using tanks and soldier try to take any city.

What you people (Those who had either no military experience, or advance war planning experience) failed to see is, war is about killing people, everyday your people get killed sap your morale, more importantly increase the other side. so for this particular incident. Either Russia underestimate a war or they miscalculated and think Ukraine will surrender, either way that is a Strategic Mistake that is going to alter what happened after the war.

As with any military operation. YOU MUST HAVE A CLEAR GOAL WHEN YOU LAUNCH AN OPERATION, failure to do that in itself is a mistake. You simply can't say "Oh, I try to leave stuff intact and see how the other side react" You are supposed to know what the other side will react BEFORE you invade.

How hard is it to understand that?
You do realise that people of East, and south Ukraine are ethnic Russian. They have cultural, historical and family ties in Russia. There are cities right on the border of Ukraine and Russia. One and same cities in Ukraine and Russia. People have families across the border.

Russia isn't attacking just any country. They are on territory where Russians live. That's why you see anti war protests in Russia because it's their own people. So of course Russia wouldn't indiscriminately bomb against what they consider their own people.

Putin always knew who his enemies were from the get go. It is the western leftists and they are the dominant element across the west whereas the far-right is marginalized political entity. The concept of the leftists aka progressives and Putin don't match and notice Putin is not a far-right or left his more central but his old-school fashion and looks for values whereas the left and progressives don't have values but basically gone full LGBT etc etc in that sense they are filth but they are much more humane in some other aspects

I think US and EU will not likely to sanction Indonesia due to geopolitical reasons,

Indonesia is not part of countries that will do sanction to Russia, so we will cooperate normally and if some trade cannot be done due to SWIFT issue, so we can still do the trade using other means, Indonesia has made effort to minimize the trade using USD like what we have done with China and other nations

Ok, my point stands then. Some countries will be able to trade with Russia ignoring the sanctions but most countries in the world will not trade with Russia because of fear of sanctions.

An Indian Dalit you mean ? A lower caste Hindu oppressed for the last 3000 years. And you are spreading that oppression by using "Dalit" as a slur. I see some Pakistanis on PDF casually using such casteist words. Please desist.
Casteist words...what word would you use to describe a dalat? Do educate us Mr. Sorry must not call you Mr. you are probably binary neutral.

Get of your Shetland pony and return to the real world

West left no choice for Russia but to attack.. US could not tolerate tiny communist Cuban state in its backyard in past .how can you expect Russia to sit idle while hostile NATO keeps eating its neighbouring states....

Pakistan did not tolerate even the Super Powers (USSR and USA) in her backyard (Afghanistan) and fought two wars.

You do realise that people of East, and south Ukraine are ethnic Russian. They have cultural, historical and family ties in Russia. There are cities right on the border of Ukraine and Russia. One and same cities in Ukraine and Russia. People have families across the border.

Russia isn't attacking just any country. They are on territory where Russians live. That's why you see anti war protests in Russia because it's their own people. So of course Russia wouldn't indiscriminately bomb against what they consider their own people.
The thing is the people who are fighting them see it differently. And that is the one that count. You can unilaterally think whatever you want, but if you blindly think that due to your own illusion, than you are taking an objectivity out of your combat objective.

Just because I think the People of Iraq is friendly, that DOES NOT EQUAL to they are friendly. And if you planned accordingly, that is your fault for not seeing the ground situation as is.

In short, if the people now fighting them are "Their" people the casualty of Russia will not be that high, and who's fault is it? Are you going to blame the hostile people being hostile?

Casteist words...what word would you use to describe a dalat? Do educate us Mr. Sorry must not call you Mr. you are probably binary neutral.

Get of your Shetland pony and return to the real world

"Dalit" literally means Oppressed. But if you do not empathize with the oppressed and instead participate in their oppression by covert or overt means ( like slurs ) what kind of Muslim are you ? Me hopping off my Shetland pony is immaterial here.

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine".
- Che Guevara.

So another chap riding on a Shetland pony ? :)

Ok, my point stands then. Some countries will be able to trade with Russia ignoring the sanctions but most countries in the world will not trade with Russia because of fear of sanctions.

We will see what will happen in the next 2-3 weeks, but for European countries they are quite determined to pose the sanction, despite trade in energy commodities and agricultural products still have way to dodge the sanction like Germany I believe will keep buying Russian gas, something that is unaviodable

Indonesia position is condeming Russian invasion but we dont do sanction, part of it I believe due to cooperation between Indonesia and Russia and business deal between two countries that still going on which involve both SOE companies.

Other reason we dont do sanction is because US and Western countries dont sanction Israel despite Israel invade Palestine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom