What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall I say something surprising? I think Ukraine is negotiating terms of surrender.

I don't think Ukraine will surrender they will fight on imho as arms are being send and also they have hope of keeping onto the western part of the country when everything is said and done

100 percent agreed that sort of stunt you’d expect of the Shoda riding his 125 on a busy road with his hair slicked back with Chambali oil and rocking to stereo nation

Like I said before about that cap-wearing guy.
he's definitely an ex-manager!

Telling zeleboy how to make the next appearances to make his fangirls go kyaaaa~

One side was in a 4 star hotel. The other side came out of the bunker. It's normal.
Given how clean their clothes are, i'd say they were more or less playing table tennis just before the meet rather than being in a bunker. :D

Like I said before about that cap-wearing guy.
he's definitely an ex-manager!

Telling zeleboy how to make the next appearances to make his fangirls go kyaaaa~
Yes 100% this is all image management. Been in the game long enough to see though the facade.

An ambitious woman who has forgotten the history of her people and

The same sort of denials Russia made before invading Ukraine. I didn't specify a timescale but China has a national goal of reunifying Taiwan and it is written in black and white.
Well, you don't need a time scale, all you need is any invasion of Taiwan via force will defeat the purpose to recapture Taiwan in the first place. unless you are thinking of China want Taiwan back as a wasteland. You are ALWAYS going to look at urban fighting if you try to recapture Taiwan by force. Which mean city center is going to lay in ruin, and everything will be destroyed. This may have work in Middle East where nobody really care how destroy or damage done to Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan, but do you really think China want to do that to Taiwan? I mean, would China want Taiwan if Taiwan is a piece of ruinscape that got bombed to piece??

And that is BEFORE there are any possibility of US involvement.

Any reunification is going to be political, any sort of "invasion by force" is going to be rhetorical

EDIT:: I should also say the only scenario I can think of for China to disregard everything and invade Taiwan is either US annex Taiwan (fat chance that happened) or Taiwan declare independence (again, fat chance that would happened) Otherwise any sort of reunification is going to be economic based (as in the TMSC example I used in a post before) SO it virtually no sense for China to destroy Taiwan completely to "recapture" Taiwan

Last edited:
I don't think Ukraine will surrender they will fight on imho as arms are being send and also they have hope of keeping onto the western part of the country when everything is said and done
Don't be too sure.

Lavrov: "Moscow is ready to discuss Ukrainian President Zelensky's request for a 'security guarantee'".

Putin is China's only major ally in world stage. Without Putin's Russia, China cannot be confident of taking an allied EU/US in direct confrontation. China will be Putin's sugar daddy for the foreseeable future :triniti:
As I said, until China had done with them, then Russia is nothing but a liability at that point.

This war is basically for Putin to commit political suicide, maybe he is going to retire, so he wouldn't care? I don't know, but I can't see any strategic or even tactical gain for the Russian from this war.

Don't be too sure.

Lavrov: "Moscow is ready to discuss Ukrainian President Zelensky's request for a 'security guarantee'".

I don't see surrender happening here because this Admin even if they are defeated they wanna go down fighting and don't wanna enter in a humiliating page of their history hence they will go down swinging

Unless an official war is declared, there is no war and hence war laws dont apply.

Period.
First of all, there are no "WAR LAW" the law of war is to govern how war is conduct, not how war is started.

Second of all, any country CAN choose their own law, and how to start a war, in effect, sanctioning Russia can be seen as a economic WAR on Russia. Or what do you think Trade "WAR" means? If it does not imply hostility

Just because you said "Period" does not mean it is "Period"

Again, my advice, go read some political books BEFORE you comment.

Kherson is their only major gain West of Dnieper.

And it's mostly light force, without much military hardware. It's only one blown up bridge away from a military cutoff, just like most of their force in the South. If their counteroffensive will start, Russian force in the South is in the most vulnerable position. Logistics hanging by a thread, and they left Crimea undefended by leaving their positions there, and taking their AA with them.

As I said, until China had done with them, then Russia is nothing but a liability at that point.

This war is basically for Putin to commit political suicide, maybe he is going to retire, so he wouldn't care? I don't know, but I can't see any strategic or even tactical gain for the Russian from this war.
Putin is too young to retire. He has tabled changes to Russian constitution that would effectively help him remain President until mid 2030s.

I think Putin's Ukraine invasion is an ideological war. He wants to bring back the Soviet Union before his retirement and does not care about how many bodies he has to step over for that to happen. Political suicide is only possible if an average Russian on the street is reduced to a pauper and the rich in Russia reduced to middle class. The west really needs to find long term alternatives for Russian energy imports. Even then, China will keep Russia on life support. :undecided:

The problem of this kind of analysis is that these assume that NATO was in process of disbanding , while in truth NATO is expanding ...

What people were assuming was not so much NATO "dying," but being defunct, because NATO's brain was dead.

NATO will survive, and strengthen, but with much weaker US role. US will likely never again be able to launch something like Iraq war with NATO troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom