What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Islamic perspective is this? Are we going to ignore the lynching and shelling of Russian speaking people in East Ukraine? The aggressors are Ukraine and Russia is stopping the aggression. Islam promotes multi polarity where one power checks another, otherwise there would be corruption in the land (Quran 2:251), Islam also promotes the stopping of injustice by the hands which is what Russia has done for the Eastern Ukrainians.
I have no team I hope they stop fighting but I am not picking a side here

Both countries have committed atrocities in past and present

That is the problem with Indians, they will die in a foreign land but don't want to go back to the home country....someone should explain to them it's not secured .... All Pakistani students already left... our embassy did a remarkable job.

I have no team I hope they stop fighting but I am not picking a side here

Both countries have committed atrocities in past and present

Lovely liberal angels . Butter wouldn’t melt in their mouths.

“Ukrainian First” is a policy that exists be it the mainstream media won’t talk about it, because it doesn’t suit the “aww” “freedom fries” narrative.
Call Mr. Leon, he must be on the border of Ukraine and Russia...... he should rescue his brothers in the hood ...

Lets just agree to disagree.

Achamenid Empire was multiethnic and broadly tolerant to different faiths, although Zoroastrianism was the official state religion. But Achamenid empire was a ethno-cultural-linguistic empire. It was not a IDEOLOGICAL empire like Islam.

The Caliphate became decentralized after Abbasid revolution.

The caliphate was a PURELY IDEOLOGICAL empire, open for anyone to become muslim and accepted as fullworthy citizen simply on observing the Shahada. That means anyone regardless of skin color, ethnicity and culture could become a muslim, without abandonding the aforementioned identities. Even non-muslims could become a citizen, but they were characterized as dhimmies, which simply means protected. They were extempted from military service (which was mandatory in theory for every male muslim) but had to pay a poll tax.

Concerning the modern western liberal democracy, there is a need for defining what that really means. Because i imagine that you are mixing the post-modernism ideology with the term liberalism. Those two terms had nothing to do with eachother until recent 60 years or so. Classical liberalism has very much in common with Islam. In fact the western world didnt become postmodernist and LGBT oriented until recently, wich is mere a blink in its almost 1000 year long history.

What i am trying to explain to you is that its very hard for modern western world to lay out what is its own real identity. What makes western world western? Until recently it was no question, you had to be some form of christian and white. Today its usually respect for democracy and atleast some form of post-modernism. That is also the reason many westerners feel alianated when they meet a person of color, even though the colored person may be educated,tolerant towards sexual freedom and respecte democracy. Historically you had to be caucasian white and christian or else your life could be in danger. That was never the case in any islamic society. The major red line in islamic society was always blasphemy, if you could steer away from PUBLIC blasphemy, you were accepted as a islamicate citizen.

I could go on and on as this is a field of major interest to me. As much that i would say it has changed my life and world outlook forever.

This is my last but long post(excuse me) on this topic, which tbh is totally offtopic😅
Yeah you really went off on a tangent there. You said the first cosmopolitan empire was Islam and I proved to you that you were wrong. Now you're moving the goalposts. If Zoroastrianism was state religion, and Persians and Medes were first class citizens compared to the rest, then I would argue the Persian Empire were also ideological as well. Rome was also more so ideological than the Persians, and Rome is the backbone of Western ideology.

The west and Islam are chalk and cheese, they both may look white to you but when you take a bite it couldnt be more different. The fact remains that modern western liberalism which has adopted post-modernism, regardless of whether it was 60 years or a 100 years (who cares?!), which is also godless, is an affront to Islamic values. Whereas conservative values are a lot more similar. Nothing you will say can change my mind on that, so let's agree to disagree on this.

A group of men in Cherson tried to attack a russian convoy with molotov cocktails from the woods around the street. So the convoy opened fire, seems like 30mm HE or so, because even the trees got cut down like nothing. Not even talking about the men, so i will not post the video.

My point is: Selensky and Co. are responsible too for this mess. They gave the order to arm civilians with molotov cocktails etc. Because they want as many ukr. civilians dead as possible. To get Nato dragged in and making the peace process at the end as hard as possible!

Call Mr. Leon, he must be on the border of Ukraine and Russia...... he should rescue his brothers in the hood ...
Speaking of Leon:

Boris Johnson hints UK's 'Lads' Army' could be treated like TERRORISTS on return from Ukraine as he urges them NOT to join Zelensky's civilian fightback - as city banker whose hero is George Orwell and gym boss join ex-SAS soldiers making way to frontline​

:lol::lol:

. So the convoy opened fire, seems like 30mm HE or so, because even the trees got cut down like nothing. Not even talking about the men, so i will not post the video.
This is height of irresponsibility. You dont ask civilians to fight against modern war machine with molotov cocktails.

Molotov cocktails work against hooligans or riot police but barely scratches a well armed Military force.

Mexico declines to join Russia sanctions​

President Lopez Obrador says his country won’t take part in trying to punish Moscow over its attack on Ukraine
Mexico declines to join Russia sanctions

Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador is shown at a press briefing last week in Colima, Mexico. © Getty Images / Leonardo Montecillo
Mexico won’t be taking part in the international pile-on to sanction Russia over its invasion of Ukraine, as President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador has said he seeks to keep his country on peaceful terms with all nations.
“We are not going to take any sort of economic retaliation because we want to maintain good relations with all the governments of the world,” Lopez Obrador told reporters on Tuesday. He added that remaining neutral will put Mexico in a position to “talk with the parties in conflict.”
The Mexican leader’s position on the Ukraine crisis marks a novel diplomatic strategy as other nations around the world – including former Warsaw Pact nations such as Bulgaria and Romania – join the US in trying to punish Russia. Choosing neutrality could strain Mexico’s close relationship with Washington, but Lopez Obrador has been critical of US foreign policy.
Even as it tries to avoid alienating its dominant trading partner, the US, Mexico also aims to maintain economic ties with Russia and Moscow’s Latin American allies. Russia’s Lukoil this year bought into an offshore oil project in Mexico, and Lopez Obrador said on Monday that his country will keep its airspace open for Aeroflot’s flights to Mexico City.
Mexican Tourism Minister Miguel Torruco was widely criticized this week for posting a Twitter message offering “warm greetings” to Aeroflot and noting that “tourism is synonymous with peace, friendship and understanding between peoples.” He added that Russian tourist visits to Mexico more than doubled last year to over 75,000.
READ MORE: Venezuela’s Maduro gives his take on Russia-Ukraine conflict
Lopez Obrador criticized censorship of Russian media outlets, including RT, by governments and social media companies. “I don’t agree with the fact that media from Russia or any country is censored,” he said.

This is height of irresponsibility. You dont ask civilians to fight against modern war machine with molotov cocktails.

Molotov cocktails work against hooligans or riot police but barely scratches a well armed Military force.
Lol I saw a video of Ukrainians with Molotov cocktail burning their own Osa SAM.

12 min ago

Ukraine's Chief Rabbi condemns violence, says 3 missiles have hit a sacred memorial in Kyiv​

From CNN's Tim Lister in Kyiv

Emergency crews respond to the scene of an airstrike near Kyiv's TV tower on March 1. The nearby Babyn Yar Holocaust memorial site was also hit during the attack.
Emergency crews respond to the scene of an airstrike near Kyiv's TV tower on March 1. The nearby Babyn Yar Holocaust memorial site was also hit during the attack. (Wolfgang Schwan/Anadolu Agency/Getty Images)

Moshe Reuven Azman, the Chief Rabbi of Ukraine, has condemned the missile attack close to the Babyn Yar memorial in Kyiv, saying three missiles hit the area.
"War crimes are taking place here," he said in a video statement on his Facebook page.
"The Russian army, which fought the fascists in 1941, is bombing the civilians of Kyiv, Kharkiv, Odessa. Just now the Babyn Yar was shelled. Three missiles hit the place."
"Babyn Yar - this is symbolic. Babyn Yar is a place where 200,000 innocent elderly, women and kids lie," he added.
Between 1941 and 1943, the Nazis shot tens of thousands of people at Babyn Yar, including almost the entire Jewish population of Kyiv, according to the memorial's official website.
"I’m constantly receiving calls from Jews, not just Jews, Ukrainians and Russians from all over Kyiv asking for help," the Rabbi said.
"They need humanitarian aid. Every day I’m trying to help. The elderly [are] calling saying they don’t have the necessary medicines, mothers [are] calling saying they don’t have food for kids, they are suffering from the shelling."
Azman's Facebook video continued with the Rabbi pledging to no longer keep quiet amid the violence.
"I’ve kept silent for a long time, I will not anymore. I address you, dear Russians, dear Jews, everybody who’s not indifferent: those, who silently agree with what’s happening or those who stay indifferent - are complicit in this military crime. crime against humanity. I’m only saying what I see. I’m not afraid to die. I could never imagine in my worst nightmare that I could die under Russian shelling."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom