What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ This, deployment of bulky and slow single sections in isolated long range patrols is suicidal. Russia is having to cover a very large area and their supply lines are stretched thin, this is why you are seeing the very impactful optics of scrap Russian metal littering streets and highways.

Where is their best equipment?

To be honest, I too think 'the Western liberal democratic' order is the way forward for humanity and is being gradually adopted by the world--by even Saudi Arabia now. But that way forward should not be through imperialistic way. But through economic and social reforms. I don't see the West as something negative. I tend to see the West as an evolved human situation minus the lingering colonial mindset. Criticizing endless wars--spearheaded by the American Neo Cons--is not the same as criticizing the West. I resent my tax $$ going to support a war machine which not only destroys so much in the world but also bleeds me financially: I still haven't filed my 2021 taxes because, despite paying over $16,000 in Federal and State taxes last year (plus other taxes), I will still have to pay more to the govt and a some of that money would go to support the never-ending wars and the so-called 'Veterans'.
But that's all for another topic. Let's hope there is peace and Russia finds a way out.

That's the entire point.

Don't forget that this 'democratic' order used colonial extractive wealth and slave labor (UK and US, respectively) to create their empires. The US had two massive oceans to its east and west and, in the past many decades at least, friendly/harmless countries to the north and south. Women and non-whites couldn't even vote till very recently. These countries had the luxury to experiment with these 'ideals.'

You CANNOT develop into a superpower or first world nation while following these. There is no example of it. Nor are they realistic when a hostile superpower is trying to destabilize you.

Sure, in a utopian way, they're great. But they just don't make sense for any country trying to earn its security. Don't forget that, even now, the US engages in morally repugnant actions that run contrary to very ideals that they stuff down others' throats - they sell billions in arms to dictatorships, they've toppled democratically elected governments in CIA-led coups to install puppets (some of whom have been exceptionally violent dictators), they continue to protect Israel as it occupies and butchers Palestinians illegally, etc. So, these ideals don't mean jack shit in the real world - only realpolitik works. The rest is just for talks, and is weaponized as an imperialistic tool to justify their own hegemonic actions.

My 2c :)

which will benefit israel.
It will benefit no one in the end. Europe is the regional pivot, a failing Europe will truly mean BOHICA for central Asia which will have ramifications for the entire world.

It is interference, but it's below Russia's threshold. Russia won't escalate to bombing a NATO country funneling arms like Poland, because that lands you in a nuclear war and game over. NATO can't overtly attack the Russian military for the same reason, so it's a stalemate and all that's left are these petty irritations.

Other countries could surely arm the EU/US's enemies if they're powerful enough to handle the backlash - Iran did so when NATO was in Iraq. A problem with this is that the EU/US itself is militarily stable, so other powers are limited to more covert political subversion campaigns a la Russia getting Trump elected.

Yet again proving to be the most rational and wise commenter around here.

I have a general question for understanding and if explained well, it might help others as well.

Russia said that none should interfere.
US/EU/West etc all said that they can't intervene or send military since Ukraine isn't NATO...not their responsibility.

If EU/US are arming Ukraine, I wanted to ask isn't that interference?

Secondly, why can't other countries can arm their friends against US/EU?

You can quote and reply particular question separately.

Regards,

Let's not wish death for anyone.

World War 1 , USA even WW2 was a silent participant for majority of war, providing Material support to it's allies. Only getting involved in later stages

It has/had a blooming industry which produced top level industrialization and made profits each year, USA was able to use the wealth to finance the wars for it's allies. Also Oil was first discovered in USA , so it has/had access to abundant oil/petrochemical resource

Now same things apply , at direct level NATO wishes to avoid direct confrontation with Russia as things can escalate quickly to Nuclear war , should Russia feels threatened or Russia could target key assets internationally for NATO , things are not same as vs Germany in WW2

Considering USA , has history of interference in Wars , for it's allies , most of time the western ones it will jump into these wars

For now they are hoping Ukraine will bog down Russia in long war , thus weakening a % of their military and also drain Russia financially

However with Russia panicking it is possible they might take out half of NATO assets with big ticket play in case they suspect NATO or F-35 is involved in dirty play

Typically USA aviods a direct confrontation with enemy at similar strength in last 200 years

As I said before , presently NATO is likely hoping Russia will take 30-40% of Ukraine and leave the 55% alone, they will reluctantly accept that boundry for next 20-50 years

• USA , beat up Russian assets in Libya & Syria
  • Russia is paying back by taking Ukraine

Typically nations approach UN security council around 2 weeks mark after their objectives are met

Last edited:
Polish people are very racist. Won't surprise me
I now understand the Euro liberalism facade is a total lie.

They say Asian people are racist but I've never seen any beatings of Indians or Chinese in each other's countries in 2020, at most a few shops get smashed. India and Pakistan still respected the Indus water treaty during war. During the Korean War, Chinese-Korean minority was protected.

Can you imagine that Europeans would respect a treaty with a non-European country they were at war with?

It is times of crisis where real faces comes out from the mask.

Their mask slipped and we saw the real face. It hasn't changed much since 1945.

There is no reason why NATO and the USSR can't have a limited controlled war just like India and Pakistan do. As long as the thresholds aren't pushed and the nuclear threshold isn't crossed NATO may push back Russia a little.

The reason is that Russia draws its red line very clearly and intends to act on it. I don't think the Europeans are too keen on testing where it lies. They also need to figure out another (major) gas supplier, along with the infrastructure and complications involved.

Sadly there has been rising xenophobia in Europe due to the migration crisis in the last 14 years. Part of me understands the need for border control, but not when there is all out war on your border and the people requesting safe harbor are genuine intl students.

It's really heartbreaking. To highlight my frustration on creating some sort of hierarchy of migration when it comes to evacuees from Ukraine, please watch this video:

Migration crises happened because NATO together with US attacked MENA. They are only to be blamed for all the they created.

Now it is our time to sit back and enjoy the misery and future destruction of white people.

Where is their best equipment?
It's not so much equipment, its the fact so far what we see are one or two sections in isolated pockets being blow up or targeted. War is a numbers game, the area to cover is large and war machines are fuel and logistics heavy. If news about Russians are dispatching 11 Battalions into Ukraine, that is 2 Brigades, that's when things will get serious.

1646009225999.png
1646009237463.png

1646009260635.png

Any sources? No, twatter is not a source.

WHO and how will fly them through all the russian airdef? And where is the big difference to european countries doing air attacks on russians? How should russia distinguish them from F-16, Eurofighters etc?

Thats the best way to start a hot shooting war with Russia up to tactical Nukes used. So i will believe it, when i see it ...

I believe both France and Germany were against Ukraine's admission to Nato. They are taking the fall out for America's action.

Germany has also had to cancel NordStrea2, under orders from the US.
Russia forced the issue, and the US can’t burden itself with the majority cost of providing Europe with defense when it has to think about countering China.

Tough times ahead for the people of Europe, social spending is going to get cut to pay for all the defense spending. The 300 billion euro “Global Gateway” development plan to compete against the BRI is probably going to take a big hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom